Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - Ten Myths About Men
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crypsys

Default Re: Ten Myths About Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplexor View Post
Myth #1: Men Are Not Emotional
I agree 100% with this. We are emotional, we are just taught to hide it internally.

Quote:
Myth #2: Sex Is What Matters the Most

Next time you see your mate's desire for sex as chauvinistic, remember that he may be asking for proof that you and he are the team he fantasizes about.
Sometimes the sex is just for the sex. Othertimes it is for the bonding between mates. So overall I have to agree with the findings.

Quote:
Myth #3: A Man Is His Job
I disagree with this one. I have a good job but my identity is not my job at all. I work to support my family, that's it. My identity is about 90% separate from my job.

Quote:
Myth #4: Males Are Limited Creatures
We are limited emotionally though I believe. While we have emotions, we don't deal well with how to use them. I can see it with my boys and how the little girls they play with run rings around them. Even young, the ladies know how to use emotions to get a guy to do things for them.

Quote:
Myth #5: Men Hate to Commit
I'd agree with this one

Quote:
Myth #6: Guys Don't Communicate
We do communicate, just differently then women do. We try to solve the problems, women try to just generally talk about them. The problem isn't that we don't talk, it's just we generally talk a different "language" then the ladies.

Quote:
Myth #7: A Woman's Looks Are Everything
The looks get you in the door, but it's whats inside that keeps you there.

Quote:
Myth #8: Men Don't Take Things Personally
Yes we do, but I guess it depends on the guy as to what level they take it personally.

Quote:
Myth #9: Guys Don't Listen to Criticism
I think that can go for both men and women, no one likes to be criticized.

Quote:
Myth #10: Boys and Girls Are So Different
From my limited exposure to little girls (I have all boys) I have to say they are pretty different. But again, I don't have any girls (yet) so take my view with a grain of salt.
Crypsys is offline   Reply With Quote