Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - Oh God I don't even know where to begin..
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Susan2010
Banned

Default Re: Oh God I don't even know where to begin..

You aren't doing your children any favors by being with a man who verbally abuses you. They learn to do the same thing (as you described). They learn to ridicule others. And they learn that is the way a wife is supposed to be treated. So, if you have boys, they will mistreat their wives in the same manner and won't even have alcohol as an excuse necessarily. If you have girls, you are teaching them to accept abuse the same as you. I would have left him a long time ago. I would at least have left him the moment he walked in the door with NA beer. It's just his pacifier beginning. Soon he will graduate to beer with alcohol. And then on to whatever he was drinking before if it wasn't beer itself. I can't know that for certain, of course. I'm just saying I wouldn't stick around to find out. If he brought anything other than a coke, I'd be gone (but then I would have left a long time ago). The only thing is I wouldn't allow that another man be the reason I leave.
Susan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote