Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

So men what does your SO do that shows you appreciation?

5K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  m00nman 
#1 ·
Appreciation - is it actions, more sex, verbal? What does the W or SO do that to you specifically it shows she really appreciates you?

#3 ·
Takes good care of me, makes me food I like, keeps herself fit and attractive, is supportive and encouraging, indulges my fantasies, still thanks me for taking her out for a nice dinner, spontaneous blow jobs.

#9 ·
If I was single I'd be asking if she had a sister...:wink2:

#4 ·
Does not take me for granted (within reason). Is willing to take care of me (I am rather independent so that is why I say willing). Makes an effort to take care of herself. Does not put me down or belittle me. Gets me stupid little crap that others wouldn't quite appreciate but makes me smile (things simple as a bag of nerds and chapsticks as part of my birthday presents :D ). Makes maintaining a healthy sex life a priority (I would say this is more of an ideal but probably the one item that has been an on and off issue for a while, however she listens and just doesn't blow me off when we talk about). Watches all my stupid sci fi shows lol.

#5 ·
to quote a tom petty song; 'she lets the little things go'.

she never makes a big deal about minor things. like yesterday when i picked up chinese, and forgot to get her hot mustard, she just said 'that's ok honey'.

actually, my wife treats me like a king (king jorge), and after 4+ years with her, i still don't know why, because i don't deserve it.

i'm waiting for the day she finally wakes up and realizes i'm not the guy she has put on the pedestal after all.

#26 ·
to quote a tom petty song; 'she lets the little things go'.

she never makes a big deal about minor things. like yesterday when i picked up chinese, and forgot to get her hot mustard, she just said 'that's ok honey'.

actually, my wife treats me like a king (king jorge), and after 4+ years with her, i still don't know why, because i don't deserve it.

i'm waiting for the day she finally wakes up and realizes i'm not the guy she has put on the pedestal after all.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to "Like" this, until the last sentence :nono:

#34 ·
Ditto...perhaps the question ought to phrased the other direction. I work tirelessly for the family but get absolutely nothing from her. As long as the kids are happy that's good enough for me, I know that there's nothing that I can do that will possibly satisfy her.

#8 ·
I tell my hubby all the time how much I appreciate him and all he does for me, and he knows that I never take him for granted - he actually said that the other day. He said I make him feel special :)

I also make his fav foods, and lots of little things like his morning coffee (he loves that, don't know why really, it's just coffee, lol), send him a text or two with kisses during the day. He loves it when I've made his dinner if I'm not home when he gets home and put a little heart on the note with the instructions on how to reheat it.

I left a couple of forms that needed his signature on the table one morning with a sticky note saying "Sign me you sexy beast!" he roared laughing, hehehe!

#12 ·
That made me chuckle... my grandmother told me " EB, you can fall in love with a rich woman as easily as a poor one..."

My wife never did really like my grandmother...

#18 ·
Then you might should not ever marry a Brit... there is a whole culture wrapped around such a thing as that.

*Sorry MattMatt :grin2:

Maybe it's a Scottish thing? :wink2:

I am in so much trouble...

Reactions: Spicy and Andy1001
#14 ·
I wake him up with a neck rub and a glass of water because I know he will be thirsty. Then I make him breakfast. I compliment him and tell him how hot and how intelligent he is multiple times a day. I clean up his random messes and keep track of his stuff. Foot rubs, massages, lots of sex, BJ's, etc.

#38 ·
My wife does EVERYTHING for me, and sometimes I wish she wouldn't, to be honest. I try to help, but she gets upset sometimes when I do because she feels like it's her job (?) and she is failing at it. She loves me, is pretty, the nicest person you'll ever meet, good sense of humor, is generous, cooks, cleans, irons my clothes, has my clothes ready including socks before I go anywhere, brings me my food and drink on a tray if I eat in my recliner, mows the yard (she won't let me mow, but I do the weedeating and use the blower), and the list goes on and on. I don't know what I did to deserve her, but I am honored to be her husband!

#39 ·
Is she from a Western culture???

She is paying her Karma forward in dividends!

Reactions: Andy1001
#45 · (Edited by Moderator)
it took a while for me to realise it : nothing.

Although if you ask them:
making food for themselves and the kids. (or often buying take out, with my money for her and kids).
keeping the house tidy in which she is living.
ignoring and refusing to enter the garage, which stores her spare stuff, and for some reason has accumulated most of my possessions.
staying in my house, letting me spend some of my earnings that I get paid from business and work.
giving some of my money (from my credit card) to the kids so they can buy me christmas and fathers day presents.
paying the bills for their domocile on time, after me telling her off because she got disconnected a couple of times and I had to pay the reconnection penalties. (I wasn't living there).
inviting me to the childrens' birthday parties.
agreeing to go out when I get theatre tickets for us, or take the family out as a special treat.
communicating to me that the children's school/camp fees require paying and she hasn't saved enough to cover her part.|
(first wife) agreeing not to secretly spend to the limit on our backup "emergency" credit card (but then doing it anyway - but it was for "gifts" to other people, not on herself, so didn't
count..)

(this is all before they leave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.