Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - OPEN confession of a confused man. (please dont judge)
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:31 PM
Bibi1031

Re: OPEN confession of a confused man. (please dont judge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokillme View Post
Your marriage is dead. You just don't know it yet. You killed it.
Dang slkillme, you are extreme dude!

He is at a crossroads, like most peeps at midlife are. He is going through his second adolescence so to speak. I wonder if he even had his first adolescence at all? Maybe he just did what his family expected him to do. Please talk to us OP. I know my X husband engaged in gambling and drinking before fantasizing about OW and then finally seeking an AP because he was so miserable inside himself, that he thought our marriage and me were at fault for his internal pollution.

He seeked outside solutions to his internal pollution. The last one I tolerated was of course the affair. He mistakenly thought that if he was able to cheat it was because he had fallen in love. That of course was not true and his affair ended 5 months after we separated. He has had many girlfriends since his second chance at love failed.

He is not happy. He has aged tremendously and drinks a bit too much. His children see him as an ATM machine as well as his girlfriends of course. He has had a steady girlfriend for the past 7 years, yet I come across his profile on singles sites now and again. They don't live together and she is with him because she gets money from him. He cheats and I doubt that she is clueless about it. He will probably never change.

Oh, and he was classic midlife crisis. The red convertible and the motorcycle came with the OW as well. Poster child for midlife crisis!

Good things come to those who wait...greater things come to those who get off their a$$ and do anything to make it happen.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome