Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - Why do some people remarry after decades of Marriage?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
WORLDJR91

Why do some people remarry after decades of Marriage?

This is something I have wondered about sometimes. What are common reasons for People to remarry after 30, 40 and 50+ years of Marriage? I am talking Marriages that (were happy ones) ends in the Death of Spouse, not Divorce. Especially when they remarry only a couple after their last spouse death.

I can understand after 10 or 20 Years of Marriage but I wonder about Marriages that were much longer than that. Personally If I was Married for 40 years or 50 years and My spouse I do no think I marry again but that just me.

I don't have a problem with people remarrying after being with a spouse for many decades. Though If I was a Child of a Parent who remarried after being with My Mom or Dad for 50 years I would find it kind of weird or hard to getting used to. Especially if other parents died only a couple years before.

I have a Great-Great grandparent who was happily married for 51 years and had 9 Children. My Great-Great Grandmother died in 1964 and My Great-great grandfather married again in just under 2 years later after her death at age 71 to a woman who was actually same age and had also been widowed once. That Second Marriage only last Five Years when she died.

I think a lot of it has to do with feeling lonely and maybe wanting that companionship.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome