Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - Why do some people remarry after decades of Marriage?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 04:10 PM
MattMatt

Re: Why do some people remarry after decades of Marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORLDJR91 View Post
This is something I have wondered about sometimes. What are common reasons for People to remarry after 30, 40 and 50+ years of Marriage? I am talking Marriages that (were happy ones) ends in the Death of Spouse, not Divorce. Especially when they remarry only a couple after their last spouse death.

I can understand after 10 or 20 Years of Marriage but I wonder about Marriages that were much longer than that. Personally If I was Married for 40 years or 50 years and My spouse I do no think I marry again but that just me.

I don't have a problem with people remarrying after being with a spouse for many decades. Though If I was a Child of a Parent who remarried after being with My Mom or Dad for 50 years I would find it kind of weird or hard to getting used to. Especially if other parents died only a couple years before.

I have a Great-Great grandparent who was happily married for 51 years and had 9 Children. My Great-Great Grandmother died in 1964 and My Great-great grandfather married again in just under 2 years later after her death at age 71 to a woman who was actually same age and had also been widowed once. That Second Marriage only last Five Years when she died.

I think a lot of it has to do with feeling lonely and maybe wanting that companionship.
Because they didn't die at the same time as their late spouse?

Maby people leave "get married, again!" instructions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Be afraid UK cheaters! CheaterVille has come to the UK!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome