Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - Recovering From Infidelity
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
DanF
Banned

Default Re: Recovering From Infidelity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnD View Post
I do find it interesting that you are angrier about her affair. Is it because you think she was the one who had an affair first?? Curiousity always gets the best of me on that one. Did you guys ever actually apologize (sincerely) to each other about hurts you both made??

On the homefront of being away and trying to cope, my H writes me letters every now and again letting me know how much he loves me and wants to be with me. I keep them, and I can read them whenever I want. I mostly look at them while he is gone, as a way to remind myself of his love when I can't see him. Does that sound like something you would like from your wife?? Do you think she would like them from you??

I do wish you the best DanF. You sound very sincere and you guys have been through a lot. I hope those last few hurdles pass quickly!
I don't think that I am angrier about her affair, I can deal with anger towards myself for my actions, but don't know how to deal with the anger towards her for her actions. Also, it's not like I walk around keeping this anger bottled up all the time. It just surfaces now and then.
Yes, we both apologized very sincerely. I truly am sorry that I did what I did and I believe that she is as well.
Before I leave to go overseas, W and I both get a bunch of cards for each other and post date them for the duration that I'm gone. I usually have one card a week and a couple of bonus cards in case I have a bad day. We also email and call a lot.
Thanks, DawnD. We are doing well and both of us continue to try very hard to be the best that we can be for ourselves and each other.
DanF is offline   Reply With Quote