Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - Husband with low sex drive..
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
sailorgirl

Default Re: Husband with low sex drive..

I don't have much advice for you, but you're not alone. I think the best advice I could give would be to get out now while you're young.

I could have written your post years ago, except my husband doesn't even have a medical reason as an excuse. He just does not like sex. It is a chore for him. And on average we have sex one a month, occasionally more, sometimes less than a month. Basically my husband saw sex as a means to have children.

At first when I was young and we started having very little sex I wanted to leave, but he talked me into staying, our sex lives picked up a bit and we decided to have kids. I, stupidly, thought he would change and be a better, more active lover, husband and father. But I was wrong. Not long after I conceived our first child he went back to his old ways.

To make a long story short, now after 15, going on 16 years and 2 kids latter he is still the same sexless man. The few times he tried to change was when I threatened to leave, but in the end he always went back to how he was before. Last year we tried marriage counseling and he pretty much said he will not even try to change anymore, and if I wanted to leave then fine. But he does not like sex and feels that it is not needed in a happy marriage and thinks I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill.
sailorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote