Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - i wanna give up...
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ser Pounce-A-Lot

Default Re: i wanna give up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacie1989 View Post
i have been with my man for 5 years. we have three children ages four two and eighteen months. in the past three months he has changed banks, now i am no longer on the account, wants me to get car insurance on my dads policy, and i have heard rumors he was talking to another girl. i actually talked to this girl she says she is happy with her guy and my guy did call her and she told him she wanted nothing to do with him. anyway what have i done? i stay home all day and keep the kids while he works. when he comes home he drinks his self to sleep... never wants to spend time with me, and its tearing me apart. i want to walk away from it all and just give up but i want to know what wrong with him to he doesnt talk to me and never spends time with the children its really annoying and i cant take it any more.. i wanna give up.
Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I wish there was an easy way to get him to wise up and be a better husband, but unfortunately you are only in control of what you contribute to the relationship and only he can change himself. I have been in your situation, and felt like giving up every day. What I needed was hope and for me what worked was the Marriage Fitness program. I even did it by myself which I thought would never work - I thought to myself: "Surely both of us need to do it to improve our relationship." But no, I found that I could have an enormous impact on my relationship. Getting weighed down by all the negativity is very easy to do, I know, trust me I've been there. However, a favourite quote of mine inspires to this day to think differently:

"It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get" - Confucius

In other words, love takes work. If you need hope I highly recommended signing up for the free Marriage Fitness e-mail series and perhaps it will inspire you as it did me.

I wish you success in renewing your marriage.
Ser Pounce-A-Lot is offline   Reply With Quote