Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - Facebook Kills Relationships
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #55 (permalink)
lonelyman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBear View Post
But again, that's like saying the invention of guns has lead to the downfall of society or something silly like that. Technology is an un-thinking tool. It gets back to the problem being people, and how they use the tools.

I would agree that technology makes it much easier to muck up a relationship. But it also makes it easier (possible, even) to build and maintain relationships over a distance. How many people have built a "proper" relationship that otherwise wouldn't have happened due to technology? I can think of three or four in my immediate circle of friends that simply wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for technology (ok, I maybe hang out with nerds). And none that have failed due to FB.

I'll admit this here... I used technology to cheat in my marriage. Without it, I would have been much more likely to end the relationship first, THEN find a new partner. But the technology didn't make me do it, it just enabled me to act on my desires.

C
Yes I agree but you only speaking about technology and relationships, I'm talking about technology in general,
Posted via Mobile Device
lonelyman is offline   Reply With Quote