Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

OM found murdered

40K views 114 replies 38 participants last post by  TAMAT 
#1 ·
I just received a telephone call from a mutual friend of my ex-wife and mine, telling me that they found the OM murdered in his apartment last night. I asked her if my ex-wife has gotten wind of the news yet, and she said not to her knowledge. She also said that she wasn't going to tell her because of my ex-wife's recent mental breakdown that got her institutionalized for a few weeks in a psychiatric hospital.

While I take no joy in someone being murdered, not even the OM, I guess the obvious answer is that he fu*ked with the wrong people for the very last time. This time the karma bus came with a killer riding as one of its passengers.

#8 ·
I hope you aren't considered a suspect. That is one thing that concerns me, if that happened to the OM in my case I'm sure they would be all over me. I said a few ahh...things , yes a few things to him.

#11 ·
Well Joe so far the police have not contacted me. I suspect that there were plenty of lowlifes who wanted nothing more than 'terminate with extreme prejudice' him. Thankfully it appears he was alone when he was murdered. It would have been tragic if there had been a woman with him - like my ex-wife - at the time the killer(s) went to pay him a visit and she also would have been killed to remove any possible witness that could identify him(them).

You know what's ironic? I was watching the opening scene of 'Watchmen' when I received the call from mutual friend of my ex-wife and mine. It was the scene in which Adrian Veidt fights with and murders Edward Blake by throwing him out of his high rise apartment building and on to the street below. Now I can't get Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable" out of my head.:mad:

#12 ·
I recommend you read Watchmen instead of the movie, it is one of the best, if not the best graphic novels ever written. I have read it close to 20 times and still find new things.

Also, you do realize that your ex could also be considered a suspect?

Also, consider it could also have been a random crime. I guess details will come forth eventually.

#13 ·
Thanks for the recommendation Almostrecovered. I read the Watchmen graphic novel way back when it came out in the mid 80's so I already know the characters and the plot line. I have to say though that I like the ending of the movie much better than the ending of the graphic novel. I know this might be considered heresy by the purists of the graphic novel but that's just me.

As far as my ex-wife being a suspect, I doubt it since she - and sources that know her have confirmed - ended her affair immediately after I found out about it. You see, unbeknownst to me until recently, my ex-wife had been the survivor of continuous rape by one of her male cousins when she was a teenage girl. The psychiatrist who treated her during her stay at the hospital said that it was not unheard of that some survivors of rape, engaged in self destructive behaviors like extra marital affairs. Besides, she has been under 24 hour supervision by her parents and siblings since she came out of the hospital a few weeks ago, so she has an air tight alibi as to her whereabouts. The same with me, since I haven't left my girlfriend's side for the last 2 days. In any case, more details of the murder should be forthcoming in the next couple of days or weeks.

#19 ·
How unfortunate. I would have hoped for bone cancer, rabies, brain eating amoebas and 4th degree burns, at the same time, at the least.

Well one can hope it was long and slow and involved power tools. So there's that.

Back in the old country, a man found with a petrol soaked burning tire round his neck was often guilty of sticking his **** in the wrong orifice.

#21 ·
Yeah! I thought that thread the other day, "Law is not Justice" was pretty ridiculous, with the OP taking the stance that cheaters should be thrown in jail as criminals because somebody bwoke his widdle heart.

Didn't think he was one of the moderates here. I know the popular position is that the BS is a big 'ole victim, didn't do anything wrong, but it sure is interesting to get insight through a comment as to why someone might have been cheated on.

#27 ·
Jelly while it may not be right or even politically correct to rejoice in a lowlife's death, to quote Dr Manhattan's response to Adrian Veidt question in the final scene of Watchmen "Without condemning or condoning, I understand".

In the meantime I'm going to see if I can purge Nat King Cole's beautiful song "Unforgettable", from my head by playing it ad nauseum.

#31 ·
As much as I wish for the OM to get his well deserved beat down, I wouldn't wish for his death, nor would I take any joy in it. As for the side topic of karma, I don't believe in that at all. What the hell did I do to deserve being cheated on in two different marriages? Not that I believe in that reincarnation crap either, but geez, was I an OM in a previous life or something? But that would mean karma and reincarnation are real and that goes against my beliefs.

#32 ·
As for the side topic of karma, I don't believe in that at all. What the hell did I do to deserve being cheated on in two different marriages? Not that I believe in that reincarnation crap either, but geez, was I an OM in a previous life or something? But that would mean karma and reincarnation are real and that goes against my beliefs.
Good point LM.

As much as the OM may have flirted with self-destruction and helped with the destruction of marriages and families, he may have left a mother and father, brothers and sisters, and maybe even children, who may have loved him and may be at this moment grieving his passing. Because of THEM I take no joy in his demise.

#33 ·
I certainly would not condone murder, but I think certain individuals, especially predatory men who go after married women, do deserve extreme repercussion. After all, the law is not there to protect us from these psychos whereas there is law against child molestors and rapists. We are expected to solely rely on our voluntary moral codes and conscience to maintain orders in these aspects of life. So, what do we do about these sociopathic home wreckers? Legally, there is very little we can do to control them. We see them all the time, and it's frustrating to say the least.

How many innocent families do these people have to destroy to deserve such punishment as this? I am sure there is certain point at which the society is just better off by getting rid of them no matter the methodology, no?

I just cannot spare a shred of sympathy for this man.

#38 ·
hey guys where I live I can kill the OM and turn myself in and with a good lawyer I'll get maximum 7 years and if I caught them in act I'll kill them both and dance over their bodies tell the cops arrive and I'll put in jail just as much it take CSI to make sure I didn't fake it and if it confirmed I'm free so I feel really good for u morituri even if u don't it's just plain justice been served

If it's not really about revenge USA army shouldn't be in Afghanistan or Iraq right now

#39 ·
The War on Terror is not about revenge and never has been. Break out your history book and a world map. Back in the early 1970s, Islamic Fundamentalists laid out a plan to organize the entire Arab world under Fundamentalist Islamic leadership. The plan requires taking over an Arab country to be used as a springboard for spreading the movement to the others. They took Iran. Trouble is, Iran is Persia. Look at world map and see where Iraq

#40 ·
Mori--you will have to keep us posted with what happened. Have you heard anything else about it? What a truly crazy story.

I don't think fighting wars or child molestors or rapists are the same thing as 'other women ad other men.'

With that said, I think it's normal for betrayed spouses to want the 'other women and other men" someday to find themselves married and have their spouse cheat on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.