Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Listing of Banned Members and when ban will be lifted?

271K views 3K replies 163 participants last post by  Deejo 
#1 ·
Could you put an alphabetic listing of members who are currently under 'ban' and on what date their ban would be lifted?

When a buddy is banned, it's impossible to tell if it's a 24-hour, a week, or a permanent ban.

Thanks for considering!

#107 ·
since mods have alternate SNs here, can others?

#121 ·
So, it's okay to hold and post about dismissive and insulting POV as long as you add the phrases:

With all due respect...
This is how I feel...
I'm allowed to have my feelings...

But it is bannable to call a person out for having insulting or dismissive POV or insist they support their insulting POV.

Got it!

This is just how I feel and I do mean this with all due respect.

#123 ·
JB...... did people get banned like this in 2011 or 2012?

#127 ·
is there a purge taking place?

#138 ·
I was banned a year ago. I decided to come back to TAM because I pointed a friend here who learned a lot about his cheating wife. I thought" you know it's a pretty good place to get real advice"

#139 ·
It is ridiculous that FW was banned. I read every post in that thread and nothing she said was banworthy in any way. Baiting and inciting? Nonsense. All I can think of is that men are intimidated by her and go crying to mods. There is literally no other explanation that makes sense

No wonder people are leaving this place in droves.

#142 ·
Okay then solid snake try this on..

<<<I feel it's in every woman's best interest to avoid being seen as smart. With all due respect men need us women to be dumber than they are. And since our men work so hard they need to come home to a wife who worships them but never challenges them. As women, we should all strive to exalt our men so they can continue to be honorable. I know it's not a popular opinion. I really get upset when women say things that challenge men to think too much. It's just my opinion and I'm allowed to have one.>>>

You see? I used all the nice phrases. Does that make my statement any more palatable? Am I now free from challenge because I added in the part that it was my opinion?

And when you see this drivel posted many times, particularly in threads that discuss misogyny...

ETA: temper flare when hot topics are discussed. Yes a measure of civility is necessary, but when the above scat is posted over and over in hot topic threads, and then the poster claims she's being attacked because people are mean to her.... Yet can't defend her opinion or answer challenges put to her... Perhaps she ought to get out of the deep in and go back to the kiddie pool until she learns to swim?

#150 ·
Okay then solid snake try this on..

<<<I feel it's in every woman's best interest to avoid being seen as smart. With all due respect men need us women to be dumber than they are. And since our men work so hard they need to come home to a wife who worships them but never challenges them. As women, we should all strive to exalt our men so they can continue to be honorable. I know it's not a popular opinion. I really get upset when women say things that challenge men to think too much. It's just my opinion and I'm allowed to have one.>>>
:eek:

Feels like I just read something from the 1800s.

Now I want to call my mother and thank her that she did not instill this type of mentality in my head.

#143 ·
AnonPink,

What you call a scat post is somebody's opinion. I can even guess that I know to whom you refer, Over20. She is polite and follows the rules. I don't think it is right to put her down the way some posters do.

Faithful Wife is a TAM stalwart. It is sad to see her banned. Hope it is not permanent.

I liked Conrad. He did great stuff on TAM. However, I think he underestimated the way others perceived him. To have strong personality and to weigh in hard on people can be perceived as to over the top.

If someone has a position that irritates, the best approach can be to reply with light irony and leave the reader to determine what their position is.

One moderator mentioned that the misogyny threads were so-called ban magnets.

#146 ·
I think you missed the point of my post. Civility doesn't make a posted offensive opinion neutral.

Yes, they are ban magnets. But if you read that thread, particularly the last few pages, you will see strong opinions being hashed out and points being made. But you won't see insulting, harassing, or baiting done by the member who got banned!

#144 · (Edited)
Longwalk, you surely realize that a post like the one quoted above is not going to go down well with women in a forum such as this, where many have been hurt, cheated on and abused. IMO, it's rather like going into a racial relations forum and extolling the virtues of apartheid or slavery.

#152 ·
Anon Pink,

The moderators are not perfect. They do not get paid so we have accept that they can never apply the rules without some controversy. Two posters can commit an infraction that is more less identical and yet one earns a ban and another does not. Why?

Conrad and FW are strong personalities with rhetorical skills. They are forum vets, so they know well when they are being tough on someone who is less able to give back. Sometimes those who feel that they have been bettered unfairly complain to the moderators who feel for them.

On the other side there are conflicts over gender, sexuality and morality that people feel so strongly about that they must strike a hard blow. Empathizing for people who are unalike oneself is not always easy.

A cheater who comes on to TAM and admits liking sex with their AP is likely to be treated roughly. If the poster is a woman, then she will also be attacked for her sexuality. The moderators have in the past not banned but simply deleted many posts. Tears' thread is a good example. What tough lady to stick it out. But she did it because she realized she could learn about her BH's reaction to her infidelity.

I do not believe the moderators want to purge TAM. If they had a new policy, they would announce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.