| | Re: What's for dinner?
We do our shopping together usually. I used to go with one or more of the kids till they left home. Teenagers that like grocery shopping with their mom - weird eh?
And we have a big freezer too! Plus two fridge freezers! Good thing because I don't throw ANYTHING out.
- All my peelings, rinds, ends etc. from veggies go into freezer bags for when I make broth, same with all the bones from chops, steaks and chicken that we eat. Anything that I can't use in my broth goes in the compost.
- We get our meat from the farm in big batches too.
- I tend to cook stuff in big batches for freezing, especially home made soups.
- Our daughter works at a bakery so we have a bunch of bread and buns in the freezer all the time.
- We pre-chop onions and peppers and freeze them to use in recipes, also we sometimes have pre cooked meat in there ready to use for stuff like tacos or stir frys
- my home made broth gets frozen in ice cube trays and then bagged and put back in the freezer.