| | Re: Friends and boundaries
Originally Posted by CandieGirl
He's probably having the same problem I'm having...my husband understands the need for boundaries and he gets that I'm trying to protect the marriage; but he's only 80% convinced. The other 20% he's busy trying to make exceptions for women he's known a long time, or women he doesn't perceive as a threat. Where I see things like boundaries that MUST apply to all. He thinks that I see everyone out there as a potential threat. And maybe I do; but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Sometimes I think he needs to see things from my perspective; he would need to see what a threatening male outsider really looked like and then he'd see where I'm coming from and take these things seriously, instead of just humouring me, going along with it just to keep the peace.
Good insight. I think you nailed it.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
"Why do we fall? So we might learn to pick ourselves up."
"Itís not who we are underneath, but what we do that defines us."