Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basic Chat function?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Mark72 
#1 ·
I always see several (if not hundreds) of people online at the same time. I think it would be great to have a basic chat built into the website for us to talk to each other more frequently. I suppose I could always just give out my MSN or AIM name, but if there was one built into the website that would be great.

#2 ·
A chat room has been suggested several times before. The biggest drawback I see to a chat room is that much of the useful information that would be garnered from those chats would not be viewable to others not on line at the time or the stealth guests who are just looking for insights from current and old threads. Before joining TAM I spent a few weeks just browsing through threads for my own marital issues. I fear we would lose a lot of that with a chat feature.

#7 · (Edited)
Set up your own chat room and PM the link and password to all your TAM friends (if necessary, you can change the password whenever you please in order to keep it completely safe). It's free and it's easy to set up:- Chatzy - Free Private Chat Rooms

I've had no problems with it and use it for a forum I run.

#9 ·
It would be nice if there was one, Mark, but one problem I could foresee with a chat room on a site this size would be moderating it. Because of the nature of TAM, it would be irresponsible, IMO, to not moderate it, and there just aren't enough mods to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.