Talk About Marriage - View Single Post - What happens when her dreams never come true
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
used2be

Default What happens when her dreams never come true

Long story, I will try and keep it down to the basics but I have been married to my wife for almost 9yrs now, I'm 28 and she is 26, we got married young, we were both virgin's. After getting married we decided that we would just go ahead and start a family, well after the first year nothing happen (kids) so we started to consult a doctor and maybe find something out, our 2nd year was filled with doctor visits, tests for both of us (mainly her) with no improvements. Doctors tell both of us that we are in good health and able to have kids, they can't tell us what is causing this. Long story short 9 years with no kids and tring has her mentally weak some days are better than others while some days I don't know what to say or do and just hate to see her so depressed. Those days when she is depressed is filled with silence and alcohol, which makes me think if she is happy or question her decision to stay or be with me. I often think what her life would be without me, maybe she would have kids of her own or a life she might enjoy. We have talked about adopting but the more I think about it the more I don't want to, I look at the adoption ads only see older kids and I know that she would want a baby. Money is a issue and always has been so invetro is out of the question. I feel like I am wasting her life, her goal in life was to be a mom. What makes it worse is that she doesn't have a job so she stays at home and has nothing but time to sit and think about this. We are currently trying to get her out of the house (job) so that it might take her mind off of things for awhile throughout the day. It breaks my heart to listen to someone tell her that they are pregnant and how happy they are. Has anyone here had problems like this or tried getting pregnant for 9+ years? How did you cope with this? Knowing that we both can have kids makes it even harder for me and knowing that she could be the mom she dreams of if she was with someone else, should i stay, should i leave. I don't know what to do or how to make her feel better and it kills me.
used2be is offline   Reply With Quote