Originally Posted by Kayla
Why does this continue to happen to me?
I'll give you a hard dose of reality:
1. You had a baby with someone from an unstable position (lack of discipline).
2. Your solution to a bad situation was a hurried, rushed, decision (marrying because you were pregnant)
3. You don't regret that mistake, which sounds like you don't understand why it was a bad idea.
4. Your husband is having an EA on you and yet you stick around out of fear (lack of self-respect)
5. Instead of taking responsibility for your mistakes and lack of proper decision making, you blameshift to your husband claiming that he is "pushing you to your ex's arms."
No one is pushing you to make a bad decision, you have the choice with how you will react to a bad situation. Your husband cheating on you is not an excuse for you to lower your integrity.
Until you own up to the mistakes you made, and then take active steps to correcting them, you will continue to find yourself in bad situations.
Start by gaining some self-respect. The fact that your husband is cheating on you and yet you are not kicking him out shows that you have little worth for yourself. You can not be in a healthy relationship where you do not value yourself. If you get back with your ex, expect the same patterns to emerge from that relationship (there's a reason he's an ex).