Originally Posted by jove
Hi, I am new here. I really want to know your opinion about
What do you feel if your husband treats you like these:
- When you vomit because of pregnancy sickness, instead of comforting you, he said "Please do not make noise while vomiting, it will disgusts our neighbours if they hear that".
- When you have just delivered baby and are still weak he ask you to visit his parents that about 1 hours from your house. When you arrive at his parents' house, he says that he wants to go to his friend's house next door for a while to give some present but finally without asking your permission he spends the whole night until morning at his friend's house for new year party.
- Without asking your permission he invites his friends to stay at your house and it makes you busy cause he does not help you serving his guests
- When buy some groceries, he helps you picks the groceries but when you are busy in cashier (put the things into your own grocery bags), he just go away waiting outside
- When you walk together with him, he walks faster than you and leave you far behind. When you complain about that he say "You walk to slow, I am in hurry and have many things to do. You know where is our house, I do not think you would get lost".
- When you and he have dinner outside, he eats faster than you then while you are still eating he says that he wants to pay the bill. After he pays the bill he does not come back to his seat but without saying anything he directly goes and waits you outside and you do not know where he is.
-He is interested in intimacy mostly when he needs sex. When he does not need it he prefers spending time in front of computer or watching sports.
- Everytime you complain about the behaviours, without arguing he says sorry easily but he repeat the behaviours again and again.
Those are how my husband treats me. But actually he is good person. He has good temperament, calm, soft, generous, humble, treats his friends respectfully, simple, and he does not like confrontation. He also does not have any addictions.
Am I too demanding if I want to be treated better?
So, if you have those experiences, what do you feel and think about him and what will you do?
Most, if not all, of those occured through the 23 years we were married. I used to make excuses for his behaviour on those occasions. Beginning to realize that I was really blind to them because I loved and accepted him, faults included.
Some things seem to get worse when it was discovered I had the brain tumor and the subsequent surgery to remove it. He never helped me get in & out of our Silverado, walked with me knowing how precarious my balance was and has remained. Several times when we went out and returned home after dark he simply got out of the truck and went inside only to leave me standing (and holding on to the truck) in the dark as I couldn't see well at night. The impatience was more than evident in his attitude and demeanor toward me. Other people noticed it right off and mentioned it only to hear me reply "that it was ok, it's his way of encouraging me to regain my physical abilities." Yeah, right!