12-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a house, or in a clinic.
| | Re: Mending broken trust...
christmaslady, I hate to be your Grinch, but "he may mean the world to you", but judging from his actions you mean very little to him.
How could you accept a proposal for marriage from a serial cheater, are you mad? There are so many things that scare me about the health of this relationship, I really don't know where to begin.
1) 16 years...way too long. It should have either progressed to marriage or ended a long time ago. You are his plan "B" nothing more.
2) Serial infidelity, if I read your post right on both parts Some "toys" aren't meant to be shared.
3) You were living together before marriage, presumably as a "trial". Well the experiment "failed" and now you are seeking to re-run it CL. WHY?
4) Deception on his part about his whereabouts, gifts, etc. Without trust love can never proper.
5) Your underlying reason for "staying" with him seems to be purely emotional, almost quasi-desperate. There is nothing healthy about being this "needy" in a relationship. Have some dignity woman. I don't know you, but you deserve better. I realize this, but do you?
I could go on, but I've ran out of toes on my right foot christmaslady. Please at a minimum seek counseling before you go any further in your relationship with this man.
I know this wasn't the present you were looking for christmaslady, but truth is more precious than gold. LIL