Wife still cheating. I just filed for D - Page 9 - Talk About Marriage
Coping with Infidelity Relationship recovery from the destructiveness of infidelity.

User Tag List

 1400Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #121 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 180
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit.45 View Post
The dog with two bones.
Woof. She can't have my bone.

moth-into-flame is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:51 PM
TRy
Member
 
TRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,589
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin8550 View Post
99% of the time I am glad to be free from her. But I worry that she may come out better and happier and everything go great for her. I know it's wrong, but I would feel a lot better knowing she is miserable and regrets the affair one day. Or if she doesn't regret it, at least turns out to have a worse future than me.
It is called cheating because cheaters are giving themselves an unfair advantage by not playing by the agreed upon rules of your marriage. By breaking the rules, the cheater already has another option in play, while the cheated on partner is caught flatfooted starting from scratch. This advantage is short lived because few affair partners (just a few percent) have relationships that last long term after the divorce, and they must deal with each other in real life instead of the fantasy affair life that their relationship is based on. Also, deep down they both know that anyone that can cheat with you, could eventually cheat on you, so their relationship will be doomed to them both having to always look over their shoulders. Although you will start later in looking for a new partner, any new relationship will be real from the start and have a good chance that she will not be a cheater. Bottom line, 5 years from now the odds are on your side that you will be living a happier life than you are now, where her odds are lower.
TRy is offline  
post #123 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Member
 
turnera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 35,561
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin8550 View Post
99% of the time I am glad to be free from her. But I worry that she may come out better and happier and everything go great for her. I know it's wrong, but I would feel a lot better knowing she is miserable and regrets the affair one day. Or if she doesn't regret it, at least turns out to have a worse future than me.

But I guess that's the point of forgiveness, so it doesn't matter either way what happens to her.
It also helps for you to work hard to ensure YOUR life turns out amazing, no matter what. Then you won't care whatever happened to her. You'll just be glad you escaped.
turnera is offline  
 
post #124 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 03:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 871
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin8550 View Post
99% of the time I am glad to be free from her. But I worry that she may come out better and happier and everything go great for her. I know it's wrong, but I would feel a lot better knowing she is miserable and regrets the affair one day. Or if she doesn't regret it, at least turns out to have a worse future than me.

But I guess that's the point of forgiveness, so it doesn't matter either way what happens to her.
Collin,

Here are the simple facts with a WW like her
(1) in the short term, even if it does not work out with OM, women have no problem finding sex pals and she will attract other men probably with on problem. You social life may lag hers and that is par for the course. Remember, men are programmed to pursue women so advantage is hers
(2) you cannot base how you do on if she is miserable. If she gets dumped by OM and gets tired of being someones sex toy, she may become miserable. Hopefully, by the time that happens you will not give a ****.
(3) This is the most important fact. The BEST revenge IS FOR YOU TO BECOME HAPPY AND FULFILLED WITHOUT HER. That's the goal and you can make that happen as long as you do not backtrack. Stop worrying about what you cannot control, namely who she is banging and when.

No put your foot to the gas pedal and speed it up and get rid of her.
straightshooter is offline  
post #125 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Chuck71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Where I lay my head
Posts: 6,713
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Rationally.... she was a W and a mom for a number of years. Same schit, day in, day out. You will

hear that a lot here as reasons for cheating. Bor-ing.... nothing changes but the date on

calendar. Both become complacent and... she gets a compliment, flirt, eye contact.

The difference is... some women enjoy this and wake her up to her M is in the doldrums.

Others.... eat it up and can't get enough. The rush when you "think you're falling"

is addictive. The rush wears off... then reality rears its head. Reason most APs never make it.

What's the difference between the BS and the AP while it's in fantasy land? Snort a line of Goody

powders.... then snort high grade coke. There's your difference. But what usually happens to a coke head?

Same thing applies for WS. This is the reason why BS are vastly in a better state of being a year

after DDay than WS.

A-Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
B-We know what we are, but know not what we may be
C-Never make the person in your present pay for the sins committed by people from your past
Chuck71 is offline  
post #126 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Member
 
bandit.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17,431
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth-into-flame View Post
Ambivalence: the state of having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone.

Maybe I'm just not getting the context. Or do you mean he'll have to hate her at the same time as dealing with her as a coparent?
Semantics. Who gives a fvck? He knows what we mean....
bandit.45 is online now  
post #127 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Member
 
bandit.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17,431
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth-into-flame View Post
Woof. She can't have my bone.
Dog with Two Bones parable:

A dog with a bone in his mouth comes to a clear stream and looks down and sees another dog looking back at him with a bone in its mouth. He wants that bone the other dog has too, so he lets his bone go and lunges for the reflection. The real bone sinks and is swept away by the stream. When the water is still again the dog sees both bones are gone.
bandit.45 is online now  
post #128 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 180
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit.45 View Post
Dog with Two Bones parable:

A dog with a bone in his mouth comes to a clear stream and looks down and sees another dog looking back at him with a bone in its mouth. He wants that bone the other dog has too, so he lets his bone go and lunges for the reflection. The real bone sinks and is swept away by the stream. When the water is still again the dog sees both bones are gone.
And he has Chlamydia.
moth-into-flame is offline  
post #129 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Member
 
Chuck71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Where I lay my head
Posts: 6,713
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth-into-flame View Post
And he has Chlamydia.
Or that big green puss bump that just won't go away

A-Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
B-We know what we are, but know not what we may be
C-Never make the person in your present pay for the sins committed by people from your past
Chuck71 is offline  
post #130 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 06:13 PM
TRy
Member
 
TRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,589
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
Here are the simple facts with a WW like her
(1) in the short term, even if it does not work out with OM, women have no problem finding sex pals and she will attract other men probably with on problem. You social life may lag hers and that is par for the course. Remember, men are programmed to pursue women so advantage is hers
Depending on their age, the advantage may not be hers. In their 20s, the advantage is strongly with women when it comes to relationship options. This is because most men will typically not date a women that is much older than he is, yet women are willing to date much older men. This means that where a 25 year old male can only date 18 to 25 years olds, with under 21 year olds being a push, a 25 year old female can date men that are 25 to 50 year olds, where a 35 year old male with a solid career will easily be able to best a 25 year old still trying to establish himself. When men and women hit their 30s, the balance is about even. After 40, men now have the type of advantage the women had in their 20s. I cannot believe how friends that never had game when they were younger, are now dating much more attractive women now that they are older. There is a formula out there among men that on second marriages, the new wife will commonly be approximately 1/2 the husband's age plus 7 years. I did not believe it at first until I checked around with my friends that got remarried, and darn if it was not true. Check for yourself with your remarried friends and you will be surprised by how true this is. If you are a guy, age is on your side.

TRy is offline  
post #131 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 07:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,519
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRy View Post
Depending on their age, the advantage may not be hers. In their 20s, the advantage is strongly with women when it comes to relationship options. This is because most men will typically not date a women that is much older than he is, yet women are willing to date much older men. This means that where a 25 year old male can only date 18 to 25 years olds, with under 21 year olds being a push, a 25 year old female can date men that are 25 to 50 year olds, where a 35 year old male with a solid career will easily be able to best a 25 year old still trying to establish himself. When men and women hit their 30s, the balance is about even. After 40, men now have the type of advantage the women had in their 20s. I cannot believe how friends that never had game when they were younger, are now dating much more attractive women now that they are older. There is a formula out there among men that on second marriages, the new wife will commonly be approximately 1/2 the husband's age plus 7 years. I did not believe it at first until I checked around with my friends that got remarried, and darn if it was not true. Check for yourself with your remarried friends and you will be surprised by how true this is. If you are a guy, age is on your side.


Yet while still married and cheating, people often affair down. So if the divorce was due to the mans infidelity, he likely scr3w3d someone older or fatter or less attractive on the path toward the younger, hotter new spouse. Amazing how generalizations work out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheTruthHurts is online now  
post #132 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Member
 
Rubix Cubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 309
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Quote:
Originally Posted by moth-into-flame View Post
Ambivalence: the state of having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone.

Maybe I'm just not getting the context. Or do you mean he'll have to hate her at the same time as dealing with her as a coparent?
I think APATHY was the word he was looking for, but I expect the point was made just the same.
Rubix Cubed is offline  
post #133 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 80
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

Thanks everyone for the advice. I love reading these comments.

I came up with another theory on why it's called cheating too. The AP is cheating because they don't have to take care of the wayward or spend money or babysit or any of the boring stuff, since the wayward has a spouse for that. So they are cheating by getting the affection without the work.

I had to go pay the lawyer some more money today and sign some stuff. WW still doesn't have a lawyer and doesn't seem to be able to afford one. I've already spent $2300 on a lawyer.

Since I blocked her on my phone she hasn't bothered me much today. I heard talking to the kids and she seemed to be happy and in a good mood. But nothing has really started with the divorce yet, except me leaving and splitting time with the kids and not being there to do my service as a maid and cook. She hasn't been affected financially yet. That's coming soon though.

She should be happy this week though since I have the kids. She hates taking care of the kids and cleaning up after them and other motherly tasks...except the fun parts.
collin8550 is offline  
post #134 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:42 AM
Member
 
NoChoice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,450
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

OP,
Cheating is anytime you do not follow the established rules. Children quite often cheat since their grasp of the importance of rules is not yet fully developed.
NoChoice is offline  
post #135 of 508 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: central US, not unicorn fantasy land
Posts: 1,296
Re: Wife still cheating. I just filed for D

So she will be free to have all her time with her AP to be "happy".

maybe

she will just give up the kids. and she can pay you child support.

hope you have success in getting her out of your life.
harrybrown is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
you did it for other men, but not me? nogutsnoglory Sex in Marriage 2775 03-15-2017 01:35 PM
Do you think my wife is cheating? Fishermanbear1984 Coping with Infidelity 204 11-23-2016 08:49 PM
Married, both polyamorous, but I still love my ex girlfriend SketchScratcher Considering Divorce or Separation 7 09-04-2016 02:35 PM
Cheating wife left for the OM GYRE Coping with Infidelity 88 08-16-2016 02:11 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome