Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months - Page 13
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Talk About Marriage »Focused Topics »Coping with Infidelity » Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Coping with Infidelity Relationship recovery from the destructiveness of infidelity.

Like Tree2Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #181 (permalink)
Member
 
working_together's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,612
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badblood View Post
Working, it's not about what you want, think, or feel, right now. It's all about your husband. Simply put, Whatever he wants you to do, you do. As long as it's legal and not dangerous. Obviously, this will not be a permanent situation. Once he begins to trust you and your actions again, then with constant communication, respect and love, you can look to a brighter future. You WILL be the woman you want to be. Good luck !!! To BOTH of you, and keep us posted!!!
thanks for your words Bad, again, although I haven't always agreed on everything you have said, I respect your comments, and have always taken them into consideration.
working_together is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #182 (permalink)
Member
 
working_together's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,612
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badblood View Post
Nope, JAJ, I don't think so. Working is remorseful, but sometimes her pride gets in the way. It isn't harping to remind her of this.
Spot on
working_together is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #183 (permalink)
Member
 
working_together's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,612
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaksthorne View Post
And this is her fault, how? That does not absolve you and it does not mean that she is at fault because she has bought his crap, You did. She does need to wake up. Hope can be such a trap with a man like this. Projecting is seeing your own fault in another person. I think that you might actually be doing that to her. It is pretty common for the OW to look down on the wife. I know that the sneaky little B who moved in on my marriage thought she was a much better catch then I. I notice however that as soon as I became aware of her existence my H immediately fired off a NC e-mail to her before I was completely informed about the true nature of their relationship. She was absolutely gob smacked that he could drop her like a dirty diaper. She tried for months to get him to change his mind. Getting involved with another woman's H is usually playing a very hurtful game of king of the mountain at the wife's expense. I would like to know why there are so many women who have no honor towards other women in such situations. If more females would play fair with each other, there would be very few affairs and broken homes.
maybe it didn't come across correctly. I have been really stressed the last couple of days with the exposure, and was angry that she called me a wh0re, really stung hard.

What I meant about the "projecting" was that she was lashing out at us because she knows her husband will never change, and was trying to get my husband to see the same in me, like he should suffer even more. I obviously get she is pain, as I have seen this in my husband for 9 months now.

I understand what you say about feeling that as an OW you see yourself as a "better catch", I totally had those feelings, I used to think that he "upgraded" to a classy and more educated woman. Yeah, really I thought that, part of the justification, I certainly wasn't classy during the affair.
working_together is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #184 (permalink)
Member
 
working_together's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,612
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by morituri View Post
There are so many openings for a predatory man to weave his way to a vulnerable married woman that it is frightening. Would you agree?
I totally agree with this. I see things so differently now, I'm very different with the opposite sex now (not that I ever flirted much in the past). I think my affair really opened my eyes to how easy it is to get caught up when people make comments that are innapropriate. My boundaries are very clear, and I'm always on guard. And it's the way it should have always been.
working_together is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #185 (permalink)
Member
 
SadSamIAm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,829
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by working_together View Post
maybe it didn't come across correctly. I have been really stressed the last couple of days with the exposure, and was angry that she called me a wh0re, really stung hard.

What I meant about the "projecting" was that she was lashing out at us because she knows her husband will never change, and was trying to get my husband to see the same in me, like he should suffer even more. I obviously get she is pain, as I have seen this in my husband for 9 months now.

I understand what you say about feeling that as an OW you see yourself as a "better catch", I totally had those feelings, I used to think that he "upgraded" to a classy and more educated woman. Yeah, really I thought that, part of the justification, I certainly wasn't classy during the affair.
I think this is true that you would feel like you are better than the wife because he chose you over her. That he upgraded.

But the problem with relationships with cheaters (why only 3% make it) is that once the fog lifts, the people involved realized they actually downgraded because they left a faithful partner and are now with a cheater.
SadSamIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #186 (permalink)
Member
 
Jellybeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 19,364
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSamIAm View Post
I think this is true that you would feel like you are better than the wife because he chose you over her. That he upgraded.

But the problem with relationships with cheaters (why only 3% make it) is that once the fog lifts, the people involved realized they actually downgraded because they left a faithful partner and are now with a cheater.
I think a lot of OW feel like "Oh I must be better since he cheated with me." Until they realize, the partnered person that cheated with them isn't that great of a catch if at the time he cheated and was unfaithful to his lady. He loses his credibility and any honor that he may have had because of that. What does that say about him? Did he really find an upgrade in the OW? It's more like the cheating spouse and the OW are now both downgraded because of what they did. And unfortunately, it's not something either of them can wash away.
__________________
Exposure Letter

Letter to OM/OW
Jellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #187 (permalink)
Member
 
warlock07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,878
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

@Working

I have a question. Do you identify the person who did the stuff you did during the affair? Or did you disown that person? Is it a coping mechanism? Obviously there should still be a part that identifies with what you did and justifies it however small it is. So do you still find that person in you?

Even the statement you said about him upgrading, it was obviously you who did that. How do you deny that you are still that person? Is it that the affair that changed you or was it you all along?

Sorry, I'm having difficulty putting this question into words.
warlock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #188 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,300
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Warlock, I can't get this question ? My wife told me that she has a real hard time identifying the thought processes that lead up to the affair, as hers. She said," that she seemed to be a different person, not herself". Is that what you mean?
Badblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #189 (permalink)
Member
 
warlock07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,878
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Something similar. I finding it hard to put in words. Even if she is different person, it was still her. Your mind does not change over night. You still have your moral compass, ethics, ideals. They can be slightly misdirected but you don't become a different person, do you?
warlock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #190 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,300
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by working_together View Post
I totally agree with this. I see things so differently now, I'm very different with the opposite sex now (not that I ever flirted much in the past). I think my affair really opened my eyes to how easy it is to get caught up when people make comments that are innapropriate. My boundaries are very clear, and I'm always on guard. And it's the way it should have always been.
This is real good, Working Very mature. But remember, YOU are the only one who can enforce these boundaries. Attractive women are alwys going to be "hit on", it's the woman's job to insure that those boundaries are respected. The OM didn't force himself on you, you let him in. You must also guard against your own pride and selfishness and never get complaiscent. You seem to realize that you are not as good a person, as you have always thought you were, and this is very healthy. A good dose of humility makes us all better people.
Badblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #191 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,300
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

No, Warlock, but you feel afterwards as if you were. My wife said that when we were together, she could not understand why she was cheating, because all of her feelings for me were there and the only thing she thought about the affair was how to end it, and how guilty it made her feel. When she went to Atlanta, after she would talk to the OM, she felt totally different.
Badblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #192 (permalink)
Member
 
working_together's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,612
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadSamIAm View Post
I think this is true that you would feel like you are better than the wife because he chose you over her. That he upgraded.

But the problem with relationships with cheaters (why only 3% make it) is that once the fog lifts, the people involved realized they actually downgraded because they left a faithful partner and are now with a cheater.
I don't feel that way now, but remember thinking that way during the thick of it. yep, messed up.
working_together is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #193 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 855
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by working_together View Post
I totally agree with this. I see things so differently now, I'm very different with the opposite sex now (not that I ever flirted much in the past). I think my affair really opened my eyes to how easy it is to get caught up when people make comments that are innapropriate. My boundaries are very clear, and I'm always on guard. And it's the way it should have always been.


I do not think it is easy to get caught up in an affair, if you have decent morals. On the contrary, an ethical person easily resists.
I got hit on all the time by married women when I was younger and just blew them off.
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #194 (permalink)
Member
 
working_together's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,612
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by warlock07 View Post
Something similar. I finding it hard to put in words. Even if she is different person, it was still her. Your mind does not change over night. You still have your moral compass, ethics, ideals. They can be slightly misdirected but you don't become a different person, do you?
You know what, I don't really think I was ever that type of person, I'll give you an example of what happened to me 6 years prior that destroyed a 15 year friendship.

A former good friend of mine was having an affair, she didn't tell me at first, but later told me all the details. This was a woman who in the past complained about her husband to the point i got fed up of hearing about it, I used to tell her to leave if she felt this way. So she has the affair, and asks me if she could use my house as a place she was going to tell her husband she was staying so she could meet up with OM. I told her NO, I do not want to partake in her sh@t. She went a head and did it anyway, and what ended up happening was her husband called my house after he found out, and dragged me into, and then said some lies because he was pissed. I was furious that she did this and told hubby we are going to his home and confronting this head on to let him know that I was in no way involved and in fact told her to leave if she was unhappy.

I then called her and ended the friendship.....yeah, I had morals back then, but somewhere during my affair they got screwed up, I will not be that type of person again.
working_together is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #195 (permalink)
Member
 
cb45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: florida usa
Posts: 658
Default Re: Exposing to O/m's wife after all these months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badblood View Post
No, Warlock, but you feel afterwards as if you were. My wife said that when we were together, she could not understand why she was cheating, because all of her feelings for me were there and the only thing she thought about the affair was how to end it, and how guilty it made her feel. When she went to Atlanta, after she would talk to the OM, she felt totally different.
Her/your answer lies in the spiritual realm, not so much the physical.

but u keep searching....do, do, keep searching yeladeem.

cb45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can you (BS) have closure without exposing the AP? LookingForTheSun Coping with Infidelity 32 08-30-2012 12:02 PM
Wife cheated 6 months ago, and is 6 months pregnant...advice Biscuits Coping with Infidelity 57 08-16-2012 09:05 AM
Exposing to the OWH BrknHearted Coping with Infidelity 16 01-30-2012 11:02 AM
Exposing to 7 yr old daughter? marksaysay Coping with Infidelity 104 05-08-2011 06:26 PM

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads


Sponsor Ads




Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage