Being pumped for info by BS? - Page 4 - Talk About Marriage
Coping with Infidelity Relationship recovery from the destructiveness of infidelity.

User Tag List

 95Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Member
 
Blondilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,682
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Ol' Bob needs a Gibbs slap upside the head. He needs to quit whining to the women at work in an effort to get laid. Maybe a well placed bug in his ear that if he doesn't stop spouting off his mouth all the rumor crap will be revealed to his wife.

Blondilocks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LosingHim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nowhere near where it's sunny enough to make me happy
Posts: 329
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Is it the coworkers or the environment? Or is it Bob? I mentioned I’ve joked around with Bob before, we’re the same age, we have some similar interests in music and movies and such – just stuff that’s come up through normal work chit chat. But I have picked up on the fact that he has a bit of a perverted sense of humor. I do too, but I really keep that filter on at work. He doesn’t so much. I’ve never considered him “flirty” but I’ve definitely considered a few things borderline inappropriate. Not necessarily offensive to me because of my sense of humor, but would definitely be offensive to some.

I'll get through this, one day at a time.
LosingHim is offline  
post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Member
 
Blondilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,682
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

If the coworkers had any sense, they would tell ol' Bob that they don't want to hear about his personal problems.
Blondilocks is offline  
 
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LosingHim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nowhere near where it's sunny enough to make me happy
Posts: 329
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondilocks View Post
If the coworkers had any sense, they would tell ol' Bob that they don't want to hear about his personal problems.
The gist of what I’m hearing is that he discusses things rather openly with a female coworker. Given his relationship with two other male coworkers I’ve seen him with often, I’m pretty sure he’s probably discussed it with them too. With the female coworker I get the impression that he sees this as a friendship to openly discuss his “woes” with R. With the boys I’m pretty sure it’s the “ahhh my wife caught me cheating” while they give him high fives for banging a younger hot chic. Not that his wife isn’t pretty, because she really is. But Susie is the edgy, young hot thing. She’s really not even that attractive, but it’s how she presented herself. Short, spiky platinum hair or bright red dyed hair. Always wore bright red lipstick. Had a few dresses she would wear to work that were questionable in length. Would wear one particular red one with black fishnet stockings and black high heels a lot. I rarely care what other women dress like, but I always thought this one was over the top. But she was kind of one of those “shock value” type people so I figured that was it. But I’m sure to the guys he’s chummy with, she was a “prize”, even though in all honesty, his wife is a lot prettier, just a little more plain, down home girl next door rather than edgy. His wife is beautiful wife material, Susie was sexy one night stand material – based on looks alone.

I'll get through this, one day at a time.
LosingHim is offline  
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:26 PM
Member
 
Blossom Leigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7,347
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Bob has very poor boundaries.

Which means he is a big risk not only to you because of your position, but also as a disruption to the work environment. Look how many employees are wrapped up in this saga.

The day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to Blossom. - Anais Nin
Never underestimate the potential for things to improve in ways you cannot yet imagine. Karen Rohlf
Be soft as possible, but firm as necessary - Pat Parelli

Blossom's Road of Recovery and Reconciliation
Blossom Leigh is offline  
post #51 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:34 PM
Forum Supporter
 
TX-SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,610
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingHim View Post
The gist of what I’m hearing is that he discusses things rather openly with a female coworker. Given his relationship with two other male coworkers I’ve seen him with often, I’m pretty sure he’s probably discussed it with them too. With the female coworker I get the impression that he sees this as a friendship to openly discuss his “woes” with R. With the boys I’m pretty sure it’s the “ahhh my wife caught me cheating” while they give him high fives for banging a younger hot chic. Not that his wife isn’t pretty, because she really is. But Susie is the edgy, young hot thing. She’s really not even that attractive, but it’s how she presented herself. Short, spiky platinum hair or bright red dyed hair. Always wore bright red lipstick. Had a few dresses she would wear to work that were questionable in length. Would wear one particular red one with black fishnet stockings and black high heels a lot. I rarely care what other women dress like, but I always thought this one was over the top. But she was kind of one of those “shock value” type people so I figured that was it. But I’m sure to the guys he’s chummy with, she was a “prize”, even though in all honesty, his wife is a lot prettier, just a little more plain, down home girl next door rather than edgy. His wife is beautiful wife material, Susie was sexy one night stand material – based on looks alone.
You don't actually think all men act that way right? If somebody I knew told me they got caught cheating I'd give them hell for it.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

"You are talking about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind!" Victor Von Frankenstein
TX-SC is offline  
post #52 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LosingHim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nowhere near where it's sunny enough to make me happy
Posts: 329
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-SC View Post
You don't actually think all men act that way right? If somebody I knew told me they got caught cheating I'd give them hell for it.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
No I know not all men are like that. I think some are and some aren’t. Heck, I really like Angela, but even her views on this are really lax IMO. She’s said numerous times his wife should just get over it, that she’s reacting in a crazy way, etc. Meanwhile, she knows what happened with my husband and how much it’s hurt – she was one of the first people I told – but in this instance it’s like she’s really naïve and believes Susie. But I’m stuck between sticking up for his wife and telling her to get her head out of the sand and stop being so naïve before it happens to her and wanting to stay out of it so I just nod and say “uh huh” when she talks. But these two particular guys are a bit…….player-ish? One is married, one is single. I think the married one tries to act like he’s a ladies man to impress the guys but really wouldn’t DO anything and the other, well he’s single, he’s young and he just wants to look “cool” too. Heck this may have all come about because I’ve heard they have a Top 10 List of women here at work. I’m pretty sure they spend their lunch hour ogling the women here and rating them. Bob may have rated Susie on the Top 10 and then decided to go after it. It’s just sad all the way around when you think about it.

I'll get through this, one day at a time.
LosingHim is offline  
post #53 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LosingHim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nowhere near where it's sunny enough to make me happy
Posts: 329
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom Leigh View Post
Bob has very poor boundaries.

Which means he is a big risk not only to you because of your position, but also as a disruption to the work environment. Look how many employees are wrapped up in this saga.
That’s why I don’t really associate with Bob anymore since I found this out. True or not, it’s just not something I want anything to do with. My opinion on this stuff has totally changed since 1) doing it 2) experiencing it. I wouldn’t laugh about it before, but it surely didn’t bother me to hear about it. I figured it was their life, not mine, it was whatever. Now……it affects me too much. I look at people differently. Interact with them differently.

I'll get through this, one day at a time.
LosingHim is offline  
post #54 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:56 PM
Member
 
tropicalbeachiwish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: La La Land
Posts: 1,826
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Good grief. This is all too much drama that doesn't belong in the workplace. One thing for sure though. NEVER TELL ANGELA A SECRET. She's a gossip.

"Life always offers you a second chance. It's called tomorrow."
tropicalbeachiwish is offline  
post #55 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,304
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalbeachiwish View Post
Good grief. This is all too much drama that doesn't belong in the workplace. One thing for sure though. NEVER TELL ANGELA A SECRET. She's a gossip.
QFT. And she had no problem slandering the mom and daughter within their hearing range, saying they were bullying another employee - grounds for immediate termination.

225985 is offline  
post #56 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LosingHim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nowhere near where it's sunny enough to make me happy
Posts: 329
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

She and I have become pretty close over the last few months. I don’t THINK she’s too gossipy outside of a few choice people, of which I’m apparently one. But I’ve never gotten the vibe that she tells just anyone anything. She started telling me things when I got her the job at the bridal shop and we started hanging out together more outside of work. I knew her for at least 2 years before that and she didn’t gossip much then. That doesn’t mean I’d tell her my deepest darkest secrets though. I think she likes some of the drama – like to her it’s like a soap opera because it isn’t happening to her or any of her close friends. It’s juicy info to her. I hope she never personally experiences it so it doesn’t become “real” to her.

I do not think that the two women at work were angry at her for telling me what Susie had told her. I think they just wanted it straight that they were not the reason that she left.

I'll get through this, one day at a time.
LosingHim is offline  
post #57 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Member
 
bandit.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17,423
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

You're getting "pumped" for info? 😆

Damn LH. You did it again! LOL!
bandit.45 is offline  
post #58 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Member
 
2ntnuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 13,989
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

That's some crazy pillow talk. hahaha

"I'm significant!! Screamed the dust speck." - Bill Watterson

"And this, too, shall pass away."
2ntnuf is offline  
post #59 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 250
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

As the World Turns...LH you have enough drama in your relationship don't get involved in that other persons. You really don't need to get involved in it. Its very interesting this town of yours has all this drama with so many people with knowing each other and with facebook.

Jerry Springer really missed out filming here.
Eagle3 is offline  
post #60 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LosingHim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Nowhere near where it's sunny enough to make me happy
Posts: 329
Re: Being pumped for info by BS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3 View Post
As the World Turns...LH you have enough drama in your relationship don't get involved in that other persons. You really don't need to get involved in it. Its very interesting this town of yours has all this drama with so many people with knowing each other and with facebook.

Jerry Springer really missed out filming here.
This town is SO small. Everyone knows everyone and everyone's business. I'd love to leave. I lived in a larger town for a few years and it wasn't like this.

Jerry Springer could make a killing here. I do know someone from this town that was on the show. Lol

I'll get through this, one day at a time.
LosingHim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Male BS, who chose a quick D over R how did it go? Jponce06 Coping with Infidelity 156 10-25-2016 11:45 AM
Do you have a 'Get Pumped Up for Game Day' playlist? Lila The Social Spot 4 08-18-2016 09:29 AM
Justification re Other BS Maxo Coping with Infidelity 88 04-26-2016 05:32 PM
Choosing BS Only When Dumped by AP? Matos Coping with Infidelity 41 04-04-2016 11:47 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome