Panic attacks from D day? - Talk About Marriage
Coping with Infidelity Relationship recovery from the destructiveness of infidelity.

User Tag List

 19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
Panic attacks from D day?

I thought D day was divorce day but I guess it's the day you discover an affair. I get what I think is a panic attack randomly. It happens mostly if I try to verify phone records and emails. My hands and feet get really cold and I start shivering, my hands shake. Then my face gets really flushed and my respirations and heart rate increase. During the time I am of course very suspicious and paranoid my H is hiding something. It lasts a few mins and I am pretty tired after. Anyone else?

Thestarsarefalling is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 03:06 PM
Member
 
Ursula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 243
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

Yes, not too long ago, I got them daily, multiple times a day. Since visiting a therapist though, and figuring a few things out, I feel a little more settled in moving towards a decision of how to lead the rest of my life, and the panic attacks have subsided a lot. Still get the odd one. They aren't much fun to deal with! I'd highly recommend that you go speak to someone, whether it be your family doctor, or a therapist to start on the road to healing.
Ursula is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Member
 
Hope1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 8,668
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

Unfirtunately it's fairly common. There's a form of PTSD called Post Infidelity Stress Disorder. Here's a book about it

https://www.amazon.ca/Transcending-P.../dp/1587613344

and an article by Affaircare

Infidelity and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Affaircare

People don't get a free pass to cheat just because their marriage sucks.

Our R
Hope1964 is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 632
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

My husband had a serious panic attack right after my D-day and he was panicked because he had not told me even half the truth. He was scared to the point of me almost calling an ambulance.

It happened the night before his flight to Japan for 4 months. I had just discovered a LITTLE of his activity a month prior. He felt like he had to tell me, but that it was his last night at home before he left possibly forever. He was in tears, breathing was all over the place. He got red and terribly flushed. His temp was high when i touched him. He also would fluctuate to white and clammy. But he never puked.

You have anxiety, call your doctor. They can prescribe you something. Go to the er if you must. These symptoms can trigger a heart attack depending on health and age.
threelittlestars is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Member
 
katiecrna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,467
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

You are emotionally torturing yourself. Seriously I feel so bad for you. Please kick him out. This is no way to live. Kick him out and get on with your life, and if he really wants to make the marriage work he will know how... through his actions not his words over a period of time.
Your self esteem is shot right now. A husband is not suppose to treat his wife this way, so don't allow it. Respect yourself enough to say you can't live like this anymore.
katiecrna is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 612
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

I read your other thread and in this context I think your panic attacks are nature's way of urging you to part ways with someone who harms you. You'll just keep hurting until you won't.
commonsenseisn't is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:28 PM
Member
 
Bibi1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: texas
Posts: 1,721
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

I had those together with suicidal thoughts that just wouldn't go away. I got meds ASAP, that took care of both the panic attacks and the suicidal thoughts.

Let your doctor know. He/she will know what to prescribe!

If you don't see change after about two weeks, visit your doctor again. You may need a higher dose or different medication.

Good things come to those who wait...greater things come to those who get off their a$$ and do anything to make it happen.
Bibi1031 is online now  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Moderator
 
MattMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 18,940
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestarsarefalling View Post
I thought D day was divorce day but I guess it's the day you discover an affair. I get what I think is a panic attack randomly. It happens mostly if I try to verify phone records and emails. My hands and feet get really cold and I start shivering, my hands shake. Then my face gets really flushed and my respirations and heart rate increase. During the time I am of course very suspicious and paranoid my H is hiding something. It lasts a few mins and I am pretty tired after. Anyone else?
Yes, I did. Every time my wife was late, every time I saw a bus -she had an affair with a bus driver and so on.

But they faded and eventually stopped.

Many years later I was triggered. By the door entry code at my then employer's office block.

If anyone had asked me what year my wife has cheated on me I could not have said.

Ehrn I keyed the code in the first time it hit me that the code was the year of her affair.

It all came back to me. A very unpleasant experience. But it went away eventually.

http://mygeneralblog1.blogspot.co.uk
http://mygeneralblog1.blogspot.co.uk...-cheaters.html (Be afraid UK cheaters! CheaterVille has come to the UK!

Last edited by MattMatt; 04-20-2017 at 04:33 AM.
MattMatt is online now  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by commonsenseisn't View Post
I read your other thread and in this context I think your panic attacks are nature's way of urging you to part ways with someone who harms you. You'll just keep hurting until you won't.
Maybe. Obviously my body feels like it's under attack. It only happens when I am searching for evidence of some kind. I am terrified I might find something. That is no way to live. Phone records mean so little because there are so many ways to message without a trace. Not sure if it's worth it. I found a suspicious number texting until 11pm while I was at work. Had a mild panick attack and confronted him but he was able to show me the text and it was harmless. All that and I didn't find anything.

I pushed him and pushed him to tell me the details about what the OW told him at their last meeting. I heard part of the conversation that was D day 2. He said she was talking about her break up. He has been avoiding giving details. He doesn't remember. I know she was upset and he was trying to find an excuse to leave. Finally he gave me some details that creeped me out and I start shivering again.

I don't want the panicked attacks to stop yet since they are keeping me from sticking my head in the sand.

I had them before but didn't realize what they were until today. Crazy. They must be pretty mild and they are over before any meds would help. I am not depressed or suicidal. Depression doesn't really start until everything settles down.
Thestarsarefalling is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 38
I have a hard time with Sesame Street because I think a woman on there looks like the OW. Kind of funny.

Thestarsarefalling is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,611
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestarsarefalling View Post
I thought D day was divorce day but I guess it's the day you discover an affair. I get what I think is a panic attack randomly. It happens mostly if I try to verify phone records and emails. My hands and feet get really cold and I start shivering, my hands shake. Then my face gets really flushed and my respirations and heart rate increase. During the time I am of course very suspicious and paranoid my H is hiding something. It lasts a few mins and I am pretty tired after. Anyone else?
From someone who suffered from general anxiety disorder from an "assault" at gun point, to long to get into here, that sure sounds like one. You should think about getting put on some medication at least for a short time.

Last edited by sokillme; 04-20-2017 at 09:13 AM.
sokillme is online now  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,611
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlestars View Post
My husband had a serious panic attack right after my D-day and he was panicked because he had not told me even half the truth. He was scared to the point of me almost calling an ambulance.

It happened the night before his flight to Japan for 4 months. I had just discovered a LITTLE of his activity a month prior. He felt like he had to tell me, but that it was his last night at home before he left possibly forever. He was in tears, breathing was all over the place. He got red and terribly flushed. His temp was high when i touched him. He also would fluctuate to white and clammy. But he never puked.

You have anxiety, call your doctor. They can prescribe you something. Go to the er if you must. These symptoms can trigger a heart attack depending on health and age.
You should have let him suffer.
sokillme is online now  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,611
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestarsarefalling View Post
Maybe. Obviously my body feels like it's under attack. It only happens when I am searching for evidence of some kind. I am terrified I might find something. That is no way to live. Phone records mean so little because there are so many ways to message without a trace. Not sure if it's worth it. I found a suspicious number texting until 11pm while I was at work. Had a mild panick attack and confronted him but he was able to show me the text and it was harmless. All that and I didn't find anything.

I pushed him and pushed him to tell me the details about what the OW told him at their last meeting. I heard part of the conversation that was D day 2. He said she was talking about her break up. He has been avoiding giving details. He doesn't remember. I know she was upset and he was trying to find an excuse to leave. Finally he gave me some details that creeped me out and I start shivering again.

I don't want the panicked attacks to stop yet since they are keeping me from sticking my head in the sand.

I had them before but didn't realize what they were until today. Crazy. They must be pretty mild and they are over before any meds would help. I am not depressed or suicidal. Depression doesn't really start until everything settles down.
Just be careful because there is a chemical reason for them happening. It's like a allergy attack it can become acute and blow up into a whole disorder if you don't get some help.
sokillme is online now  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Member
 
VladDracul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 908
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threelittlestars View Post
It happened the night before his flight to Japan for 4 months.
Me thinks the reason for his panic attack is because he figured you might try leveling the playing field during his four months out of the house.

If you don't embody controversy, what you say will become just another part of the media driven culture of stifling thought and debate about issues.
VladDracul is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Warm in the summer, cold in the winter
Posts: 2,188
Re: Panic attacks from D day?

Sounds exactly like a panic attack, this is how mine started then got to a point breathing was very difficult. My doctor prescribed klonapin (unsure of spelling), they seemed to help. I can't urge you enough to see a doctor, it can and may get worse, and for a longer time period.

Don't believe everything you hear, and only half of what you see.


Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
drifting on is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Post - Need help, *long Post* MrW General Relationship Discussion 92 10-12-2016 02:19 PM
The Day and Night Guy that Doesn't Talk? musicdiva General Relationship Discussion 67 07-05-2016 06:03 PM
Very nice Mother's Day message jld The Social Spot 2 05-07-2016 08:45 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome