My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - Online Counseling - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Talk About Marriage »Focused Topics »Coping with Infidelity » My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

Coping with Infidelity Relationship recovery from the destructiveness of infidelity.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Default My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

I just found out that last october when my wife left me for a 6 weeks that she slept with one of my best friends, who was a grooms men in our wedding, 5 times. At the same time she was still come back to our house to have sex with me. A few months after she came back we got pregnant with our first child. She has kept this secret from me for over a year and made me think that she had not done anything. I feel destroyed inside.

The fact that we were each ohters first and only was a huge deal for me.

I hate the fact that she is the mother of my child after finding out that she did this.

I feel disgusting knowing that she had sex with him while still having sex with me.

The guy she cheated on me with just keeps lying to my face about it.

I cant be around our child because im loosing my mind. All i do is drink and get angry.

We were in the process of getting a divorce when this happened and the only reason i found out was that her parents told me. She wanted the divorce not me.

I cant get the thought of her having sex with him out of my head.

I just keep wondering about how much other stuff she has lied to me about.

I hate my self because i knew she was lying when she came back and i didnt listen to my self.

I keep wondering if my son is really mine. Doesnt matter i still
love him.

I cant get away from her because of our son. She will always be a part of my life.

I am loosing it.
CJP3212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Jellybeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 16,841
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

I'm sorry.

Have a paternity test done on your son.
So her parents just straight up told you they know she had sex with the groomsmen 5 times? How would they know that? It seems odd her parents would know her sex life.

Has she openly admitted it to you?
Jellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Supporter
 
EleGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 13,922
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

It will take you a while to get over this. Since you are getting a divorce it should acutally go a bit easier than if you were trying to repair the marriage.

Take a look at the 180 link in my signature block. Doing as it suggests you will heal quicker.

You might want to run a paternity test on your son so that you know for sure. That way the question can be put to rest and you can assure youself that you are his biologoical father. While you say you love your son you need to get over the not being able to be around him.

YOu also need to stop the drinking. Please see a doctor for some anti-depressents. Yor are most likely suffering from situational depression. The anti-depressents will help take the edge off the anger and depression so that you can handle the things you need to.
__________________
Surviving An Affair - What Are Plan A and Plan B? 180 for Betrayed Spouses


To Create A Passionate Marriage - Five Steps to Romantic Love His Needs, Her Needs Love Busters
EleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Almostrecovered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SEPA
Posts: 7,597
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post

The fact that we were each ohters first and only was a huge deal for me.
I understand but to me the cheating is much worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
I hate the fact that she is the mother of my child after finding out that she did this.
yes this is abhorrent, in her way she was trapping you if you did find out. For peace of mind you may want to consider a DNA test, as cheaters lie and you have no idea when it really ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
I feel disgusting knowing that she had sex with him while still having sex with me.
been there, for some the wayward doesn't have sex with their spouse during the affair (because the crazy logic is that they are cheating on the affair partner!), however for some like us the opposite is true. Some waywards get into a sexual frenzy and feelings of invincibility thinking they can seduce whomever and whenever they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
The guy she cheated on me with just keeps lying to my face about it.
2 things

1) get him completely out of your life, why are you even confronting him anymore? I sure as heck hope your wife hasn't been in contact with him.
2) don't ever expect the OM to come clean, a small handful will but for the most part they will lie just as much as the WS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
I cant be around our child because im loosing my mind. All i do is drink and get angry.
STOP DRINKING, this is self medication and is terrible for many reason so obvious I don't even need to go over them. Exercise is a much better self medication and will really make you feel better in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
We were in the process of getting a divorce when this happened and the only reason i found out was that her parents told me. She wanted the divorce not me.
so why did you stop the divorce? You should let her go. Is she showing true remorse, is she being transparent, is she remaining no contact with OM and keeping respectful boundaries? Is she no trying to blameshift the affair on you and giving you trickle truth? Are you verifying her actions through spy tech? Has she gotten (and you) an STD test? Are you spending more time together and bonding? If you aren't answering yes to these questions then your R is a false one and will not work and will explain your anger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
I cant get the thought of her having sex with him out of my head.
We all get mind movies, try replacing the images with the absurd (morituri made OM a clown)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
I just keep wondering about how much other stuff she has lied to me about.
Of course you are, this is why you need to be vigilant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
I hate my self because i knew she was lying when she came back and i didnt listen to my self.
I did as well, (you can read my story in my link if you desire) but eventually you will come around to realizing that your desire to trust someone you love clouds your judgement and we betrayed spouse have our own fog to work through. You certainly aren't the only one as millions of people do the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
I keep wondering if my son is really mine. Doesnt matter i still
love him.
That's fine to wish to raise him as your own if he isn't yours. A DNA test should be in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
I cant get away from her because of our son. She will always be a part of my life.

I am loosing it.

of course you can get divorced if you choose it, a happier father is best for his son. See a lawyer for your options and try running the 180



read my newbie link please
__________________
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Newbies please read this
My story
Almostrecovered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Pit-of-my-stomach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hi! my name is ~Pit~.
Posts: 1,907
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

I really think you have to get that paternity test done asap, that nagging inside of you wont go away and the way you interact with your son could be affected. He doesn't deserve that. He's so young and the first couple years of he is a sponge, please get this done.

I think you can actually get over the counter tests at walmart and many drug stores. Get that out of the way, you dont have to say anything about it to her.
Pit-of-my-stomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 240
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

First, please stop drinking. It will do no good and in fact can be harmful. We tend to do things we wouldnt do when we drink to excess. Trust me on this one. I know.

Please try to get some individual counseling.

I know this is hard but you can do it. Hell, if i can do it, ANYBODY can do it, and that is a fact.
Posted via Mobile Device
Twofaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lon
Member
 
Lon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,973
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

CJP, check you private messages. You will get through this.
Lon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 240
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

Listen to Lon. You will get through it. I promise. Hell, its like 10 am here and im fighting going to the garage and drinking a few beers because i am feeling so sad today. Funny thing is, before this, i didnt even drink.

This is the hardest thing ever, but you will come out the other end of it stronger than ever. There is a beautiful world waiting for you when you do


T
Posted via Mobile Device
Twofaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Posts: 453
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

Look, get to a doctor and get some help, has she confessed / admit this to you......if your ex buddy is still denying it I assume not. If legal action has already started you need to talk to your lawyer about paternity - since the child was born in your marriage the law assumes the baby is yours and it takes testing AND a court order to change the husband presumption. Have to move on this because their are very hard timelines, if you wait too long the courts will not even consider the issue.

Not to put this in your head to hurt you, just motivation: Your wife didn't stop having sex with this dude after she came back, your friend fathers the child. Now you get divorce and don't clarify the issue; you divorce and have to start paying child support. She moves and maybe even marries the ex-friend, it comes out you are not the father. Imagine the pain of financially supporting them to raise their child, 18+ years, every month, maybe even having to pay a percentage of medical and daycare.
Posted via Mobile Device
calif_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

Thank you everybody for your advise and support. It is reassuring to know that you all have made it through things like this. I am prceeding with the divorce, didnt mean to sound like i wasnt. I have been thinking about the paternity test since i found out and have decided to do it.

When i said that i wouldnt be able to get away from her i meant that she will always be a part of my life and it will take even longer for me to be able to move on. We have had problem after problem our entire relationship and to find out that i she has been lying to me about this kills me. I put every ounce of my self in to this relationship and now other than my son everything is gone.

I love my son more that anything and just want what is best for him. I dont want him to be around her but at the same time she is a good mother.

Thank you lon for the private message, it did help alot.

I do not drink to excess. I sit in my house trying to deal with this. I dont have any close friends and if i tell my family they will make matter worse. I just feel alone and drinking takes the edge off when i cant clear my head. I do not drink on a regular basis and i have never done anything stupid. I know all of this is beside the point and i should stop, you are all rite.

Thank you again.
CJP3212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,120
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

One other thing, and this isn't revenge it's helping others

Tell the circle of friends what the guy did. He is pond scum and should never be trusted in the group again.

Let it be heard widely that he is the kind of guy who would have an affair with a friends wife.

btw - I suspect if you looked deeper, they actually started seeing each other before the break - and that it was her cheating with him that led to the break in the first place and her wanting the divorce.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

Thank you shaggy for the advice. One thing tho, I am the husband and my wife cheated on me. I have already let our friends know what is happening and they are all very supportive of me. Even tho most of them are her friends. No one have tried to justify what she did and all agree that she made the mistakes not me.
CJP3212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,120
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP3212010 View Post
Thank you shaggy for the advice. One thing tho, I am the husband and my wife cheated on me. I have already let our friends know what is happening and they are all very supportive of me. Even tho most of them are her friends. No one have tried to justify what she did and all agree that she made the mistakes not me.
I understood that you are the husband. I'm trying to say you need to expose the OM to everyone.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,144
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

Sorry, you are here. But it sounds like you are headed in the best direction of divorce.

When you are going through hell, keep walking. It will end.
HerToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Default Re: My wife slept with one of the grooms men from our wedding.

I cant decide if i should tell my family or not about what she did.

Any suggestions?
CJP3212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads





Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage