‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’ - Talk About Marriage
Coping with Infidelity Relationship recovery from the destructiveness of infidelity.

User Tag List

 81Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Truthseeker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,631
Exclamation ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

This type of media coverage only serves to glamorize cheating in my opinion. No consequences discussed for their infidelity.

___________________________________


‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’


Six women explain why they feel zero guilt.

By Jen Glantz March 2, 2017

With the exception of the hot fling you plan to have with Leo DiCaprio when the opportunity presents itself, you might assume that cheating on your partner would leave you feeling pretty bad (to say the least).

But some ladies get busy with other people, have zero regrets, and live to tell about it. And because this is a judgment-free zone, we asked women who've done just that to share their stories.

Here's their take on cheating without regrets.

"I got married at 24 to a person I didn't love but settled for because everyone was putting pressure on me to tie the knot. My family told me that I should focus on marriage instead of a career. And my friends were almost all married (we're from the south and that is just what people do). Our marriage was dead on arrival, and we just clung to each other because we didn't know what else to do. Three years in, I met someone else at work, and we had an affair. My husband found out and it was the catalyst that helped us both go on with our lives without each other." —Sherry D., 34

"I don't regret cheating because I didn't love the person I cheated with. I slept with a guy I met out one night at a club in Miami when I was celebrating a girlfriend’s birthday. In my eyes, it wasn't a big deal because there wasn't an emotional connection. It was just sex. If I loved him, then I would be cheating with more than just my body. I’ve been married for four years, and I truly love my husband. I don't plan on telling him because I don’t want to ruin our marriage over a person I don’t care about at all." —Raquel D., 31

"What comes around goes around. I found out my husband was cheating with a neighbor, so I cheated back. I wanted to hurt him like he hurt me. When my husband walked in on us, he was shocked. I saw him cry, but it felt good to get him back for the pain he caused me. Obviously, we ended up getting a divorce, and I was fine with that." —Luciana F., 41

"My husband and I hadn't slept together in two years. I needed sex. So I slept with a stranger. Cheating actually helped me realize that I needed to do something about our sex issues. I never told my husband about the affair, but I decided it was time to go to couples therapy and sort out our lack of sex. After going to therapy, we started trying new things in bed and making it a priority to have alone time together. Our relationship has never been stronger. I don't regret cheating because I feel like I had to do it for us to get to the place we are at now." —Erin D., 31

"I was tired of being a stay-at-home mom who wasn't treated well by her husband. My husband never called me beautiful and practically ignored me. I ended up secretly dating a guy that lived in the neighborhood and was recently divorced. It was my adventure, and it made me feel good about myself. The side guy knew about my husband and didn’t care. He wanted a girlfriend without all the attachment that came with it, so it was a mutual agreement. When my husband walked in on us one afternoon, he screamed that he wanted a divorce and I was okay with that." —Charlene W., 45

"You don't know what you are missing when the only guy you've slept with is your husband. Sleeping with other people expanded my horizons in the bedroom. I had two affairs in the same year actually! The first one was with a trainer at my gym and it ended when he moved. The second started only two months after that with a guy at work. He was the IT guy, and we hit it off. One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was in his bed. That one ended when I quit my job and I lost the thrill of sneaking around at work. I don't regret it, and my husband still has no idea." —Debby L., 28


“But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood.” ― Robert E. Howard
Truthseeker1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 4,265
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

This is clearly click bate, what is sad as some dummies will read this and use it to justify their own immorality.
sokillme is offline  
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Member
 
Hope1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 9,025
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

And in WOMENS HEALTH no less???

All I can say is that the karma bus will be going pretty damned fast when it hits those chickee poo's right in the kisser.

People don't get a free pass to cheat just because their marriage sucks.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hope1964 is offline  
 
post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Truthseeker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,631
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope1964 View Post
And in WOMENS HEALTH no less???

All I can say is that the karma bus will be going pretty damned fast when it hits those chickee poo's right in the kisser.
Dont you feel infidelity is glamorized to a great degree in our media and popular culture?

“But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood.” ― Robert E. Howard
Truthseeker1 is offline  
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Truthseeker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,631
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokillme View Post
This is clearly click bate, what is sad as some dummies will read this and use it to justify their own immorality.
Excuses for screwing someone else are never in short supply.

“But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood.” ― Robert E. Howard
Truthseeker1 is offline  
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Member
 
Hope1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 9,025
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker1 View Post
Dont you feel infidelity is glamorized to a great degree in our media and popular culture?
OMG yes.

People don't get a free pass to cheat just because their marriage sucks.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hope1964 is offline  
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,887
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

There is only one plausible one in the group and that was the woman who cheated on her cheating husband. I know people say two wrongs don't make a right, but I feel you can't come back from cheating anyway, so, who cares at that point.
Herschel is online now  
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM
Member
 
snerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 426
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
There is only one plausible one in the group and that was the woman who cheated on her cheating husband. I know people say two wrongs don't make a right, but I feel you can't come back from cheating anyway, so, who cares at that point.
Why lower yourself to the level of the cheater.

Why destroy your integrity?

Why do that to get even with a cheater?

I don't know. It's a worse loss to be like a cheater.

We protect ourselves from lies,
By fanatically holding to our own truths.
But when our truths turn to fanaticism,
Our truths become the Lie.
snerg is offline  
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Member
 
Hope1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 9,025
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Once a cheater always a cheater is true, even if you never ever cheat again. My husband will always have cheated. Which technically isn't the same as being 'a cheater', but he can never ever again be a person who has never cheated. He will be 'a cheater' in that sense forever. I couldn't live with that, myself. It's unfathomable to me. Sometimes I look at him and just feel this sorrow for him, that he can never ever again be that person. No matter what he does.

People don't get a free pass to cheat just because their marriage sucks.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hope1964 is offline  
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:17 PM
Member
 
VladDracul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Southeast USA
Posts: 1,000
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Its one other step proving what I've said all along; no mystery at all. Women that cheat no longer have or never had much romantic interest in their husbands. In respect to reconciliation, I hope in the future, folks refrain from asking that silly question, "Does she show remorse?". News flash, if she cheats, she's already, and excuse the way I say this, "reconciled" her reasons with possible guilt she may feel. Like a couple of these chicks said, "He caught me and wanted a divorce. I was fine with that".


If you don't embody controversy, what you say will become just another part of the media driven culture of stifling thought and debate about issues.
VladDracul is offline  
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,905
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

I would not fault someone who cheated because there partner denied them any intimacy, but they were in a marriage that they could not reasonably leave.
uhtred is offline  
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Member
 
Hope1964's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 9,025
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhtred View Post
I would not fault someone who cheated because there partner denied them any intimacy, but they were in a marriage that they could not reasonably leave.
I would.

People don't get a free pass to cheat just because their marriage sucks.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hope1964 is offline  
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Member
 
bandit.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17,472
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Truthseeker you need to stop reading crap like this. Seriously. Life's too short to be causing yourself more reasons to be disgusted with society.
bandit.45 is offline  
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,883
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhtred View Post
I would not fault someone who cheated because there partner denied them any intimacy, but they were in a marriage that they could not reasonably leave.
I would. There is no excuse.
Diana7 is offline  
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Truthseeker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,631
Re: ‘I Don’t Regret Cheating On My Partner—Here’s Why’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
There is only one plausible one in the group and that was the woman who cheated on her cheating husband. I know people say two wrongs don't make a right, but I feel you can't come back from cheating anyway, so, who cares at that point.
Agree with you. Is it ideal no but I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerg View Post
Why lower yourself to the level of the cheater.

Why destroy your integrity?

Why do that to get even with a cheater?

I don't know. It's a worse loss to be like a cheater.
You make an excellent point but I dont harshly judge people who do get even. The WS opened this box and whatever happens at that point happens and the WS is not an innocent victim in all of this. In some cases an RA wont work on a spouse who is having an exit affair or remorseless but in other cases they learn what it feels like to be cheated on. But like I said I see your POV and understand where you are coming from.

“But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood.” ― Robert E. Howard

Last edited by Truthseeker1; 06-06-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Truthseeker1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is my husband cheating on me(Again)? bellenoel Considering Divorce or Separation 11 04-24-2017 05:36 AM
Which is worse serial cheating or emotional cheating? theworkwidow Coping with Infidelity 55 09-01-2016 08:51 PM
My wife is convinced I am cheating on her. Dopplar The Ladies' Lounge 21 04-10-2016 02:39 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome