The making of a cheater ...
1) Raised by an violent, gambling, alcoholic father
2) Developed own alcohol problem as a young teenager
3) Cheated on by first girlfriend and had first love utterly crushed
4) joined a college fraternity of like-minded individuals
5) Became a sexaholic (slept with close to 50 women) thereafter
6) Slowed down the sleeping around toward the end of college and sought "real" companionship in a gorgeous woman ... she cheated and heart was crushed again
7) Kept in shape (was always a gym rat) and wandered through several more open-relationships
8) Met a new girl and married her b/c felt she "paid her dues" by remaining loyal for several years
9) Never really was truly "reformed" to be loyal.
This is my story. It's why I'm here. I'm fighting the urge to cheat every day. My reading infidelity stories and helping others understand why things happen in a way is helping me develop better empathy I think.
What makes me sadder is not these stories, it's what I see every day. I've always been the "alpha" type of guy, leader so to speak, and married women are practically throwing themselves at me everyday. I'm beginning to really feel bad for their husbands I guess now that I am one. And yes, I do love my wife.