Keylogger for Linux OS
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Talk About Marriage »Focused Topics »Coping with Infidelity » Keylogger for Linux OS

Coping with Infidelity Relationship recovery from the destructiveness of infidelity.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By newlife94

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 118
Default Keylogger for Linux OS

So my H is going to be taking a laptop with him when he goes away for business and it has Linux OS- will be using it for "work" stuff.
I want to know if there is a keylogger I can put on it?!?!?!

I want to trust him, I know I need to at this stage in our R- but I have to verify for my own sanity after all the damage that was done.

Anyone familiar with a good quality program?
newlife94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,305
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Just an FYI (as I recently stated in another thread), a keylogger placed on someone's "work" related computer can be grounds for legal actions on grounds of privacy and security breaches.

Hopefully if you are in R, he has given you transparency and the keylogger is not needed. If he places it on there, then he knows how to defeat it, ad if you place it on there, then it could be a security and privacy breach and could cause lots of issues within the R.
Squeakr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 118
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeakr View Post
Just an FYI (as I recently stated in another thread), a keylogger placed on someone's "work" related computer can be grounds for legal actions on grounds of privacy and security breaches.

Hopefully if you are in R, he has given you transparency and the keylogger is not needed. If he places it on there, then he knows how to defeat it, ad if you place it on there, then it could be a security and privacy breach and could cause lots of issues within the R.
Sorry, should have clarified... it is NOT his work computer- he is going to be using it to work on to mess with computer programs for a school he will be attending. It is our personal laptop... just use it for travel and when he goes away for temporary duty somewhere.

I know all about messing with Gov. computers and property and would never go that route.
newlife94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,305
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife94 View Post
Sorry, should have clarified... it is NOT his work computer- he is going to be using it to work on to mess with computer programs for a school he will be attending. It is our personal laptop... just use it for travel and when he goes away for temporary duty somewhere.

I know all about messing with Gov. computers and property and would never go that route.
Good to know. I feel like Debbie Downer bringing these things up, but it is not just Gov property that is at risk, if it is in anyway associated with work and he is authorized to use his personal property, if he uses it to access work then it can be crossing the line legally to keylog that device (be it phone, computer, etc). This actually holds true for any work civilian or Gov. It is a fine line and one that is not easily defined as of yet (the courts are constantly changing the way they view these actions).
Squeakr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 28
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife94 View Post
So my H is going to be taking a laptop with him when he goes away for business and it has Linux OS- will be using it for "work" stuff.
I want to know if there is a keylogger I can put on it?!?!?!

I want to trust him, I know I need to at this stage in our R- but I have to verify for my own sanity after all the damage that was done.

Anyone familiar with a good quality program?
I know Aobo Mac keylogger for Mac OS, but I never heard of a keylogger for Linux.

Last edited by Afra; 05-10-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Afra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,419
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afra View Post
I know Aobo Mac keylogger for Mac OS, but I never heard of a keylogger for Linux.
I don't think they make one for Linux.
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
MattMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 10,427
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I don't think they make one for Linux.
Google tells me they do!

logkeys - a GNU/Linux keylogger that works! - Google Project Hosting
Keylogger For Linux ~ Just Hack It Now
LKL Linux KeyLogger | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net
__________________
http://mygeneralblog1.blogspot.co.uk
http://mygeneralblog1.blogspot.co.uk...-cheaters.html (Be afraid UK cheaters! CheaterVille has come to the UK!
MattMatt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 889
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

What distro of linux?
BrockLanders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 889
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS



None of those are a package, they're all source. There's no way she is going to know how to install them.
BrockLanders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 118
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockLanders View Post


None of those are a package, they're all source. There's no way she is going to know how to install them.
You'd be surprised what I know how to do. I like for my H to think I don't know what I am doing... it gives me the ultimate advantage. It may take me some time, but I can figure it out. I just thought I would ask some experts if they could point me in the right direction.
He was in Iraq and I was half way around the world. I found out about his 2 secret accounts.... without access to his computer and without being in his presence. I think I am pretty qualified. Even he was impressed with how I got my information (resources I have yet to reveal) and the amount of detail I have. I think I need to be a professional investigator. May just be my next career.
And the only thing he is using the computer for is his personal use. When I say for work.... I know where that line is, I work for the gov too.
newlife94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
thatbpguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,160
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife94 View Post
You'd be surprised what I know how to do. I like for my H to think I don't know what I am doing... it gives me the ultimate advantage. It may take me some time, but I can figure it out. I just thought I would ask some experts if they could point me in the right direction.
He was in Iraq and I was half way around the world. I found out about his 2 secret accounts.... without access to his computer and without being in his presence. I think I am pretty qualified. Even he was impressed with how I got my information (resources I have yet to reveal) and the amount of detail I have. I think I need to be a professional investigator. May just be my next career.
And the only thing he is using the computer for is his personal use. When I say for work.... I know where that line is, I work for the gov too.
Up or down, let us know what you discover.
thatbpguy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 889
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlife94 View Post
You'd be surprised what I know how to do. I like for my H to think I don't know what I am doing... it gives me the ultimate advantage. It may take me some time, but I can figure it out. I just thought I would ask some experts if they could point me in the right direction.
He was in Iraq and I was half way around the world. I found out about his 2 secret accounts.... without access to his computer and without being in his presence. I think I am pretty qualified. Even he was impressed with how I got my information (resources I have yet to reveal) and the amount of detail I have. I think I need to be a professional investigator. May just be my next career.
And the only thing he is using the computer for is his personal use. When I say for work.... I know where that line is, I work for the gov too.
Do you have root access to his Linux PC?
BrockLanders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
ing
Member
 
ing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,199
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockLanders View Post
Do you have root access to his Linux PC?
Because you are going to need it to install a keylogger. If you have root access, we can help.
ing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ing View Post
Because you are going to need it to install a keylogger. If you have root access, we can help.
Not necessarily. She could reset the root password by booting into single user mode. Of course the husband would eventually learn that the root password had changed, but she could get in. It's even possible he uses another super user login to perform admin tasks.
Posted via Mobile Device
BrockLanders is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
BjornFree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,033
Default Re: Keylogger for Linux OS

There are a lot of open source keyloggers out there for linux OS. What kind of distribution do you have?
BjornFree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best keylogger newlife94 Coping with Infidelity 46 08-06-2014 12:17 AM
keylogger help charlotte2 Coping with Infidelity 6 10-25-2013 04:23 AM
Keylogger. Here's my wish relate Coping with Infidelity 19 10-17-2012 05:10 PM
Keylogger bunny23 Coping with Infidelity 9 05-31-2011 09:19 PM

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads


Sponsor Ads




Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.