*Death* - Talk About Marriage
Dealing with Grief and Loss The grieving process is difficult. When we lose someone close to us, we go through many different emotions.

User Tag List

 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 2,528
*Death*

This might get a little deep and maybe even a little scary but has anyone ever REALLY sat down and thought about your own death in detail, and how incredibly weird the whole transformation from body to spirit will be in moving on? It is going to be like nothing you have ever seen - heard - or felt in your entire life, and nothing here compares to it I'm quite sure and it gives me double goose bumps to think about how it will all go down when it's my time.

*And for those who don't believe in the afterlife or in moving on just disregard this thread, because all you have to ever worry about is keeping alive here because after that you got - nothing*

Cee Paul is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Member
 
Homemaker_Numero_Uno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,175
Re: *Death*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee Paul View Post
This might get a little deep and maybe even a little scary but has anyone ever REALLY sat down and thought about your own death in detail, and how incredibly weird the whole transformation from body to spirit will be in moving on? It is going to be like nothing you have ever seen - heard - or felt in your entire life, and nothing here compares to it I'm quite sure and it gives me double goose bumps to think about how it will all go down when it's my time.

*And for those who don't believe in the afterlife or in moving on just disregard this thread, because all you have to ever worry about is keeping alive here because after that you got - nothing*
I've almost died a few times. It really ends up being highly irrelevant. It usually happens quickly and is so much the de facto outcome that what ends up happening is that you're surprised to find yourself alive after all. Then you realize your next task is to focus all of your energies on recuperation. Which of course being stuck in your body that was almost dead, is something you have to do all on your own (despite any outside assistance you might get.) For me, I've stayed alive long enough to be okay with seeing death as the ultimate merging with the collective consciousness, evolving outside of the body. The one I've come to realizing I'm stuck in and in deep sh*t any number of times. To look at me you wouldn't even think I'd been nearly dead so many times. I'm not quite up to nine though.
meeeeeeow!

There are a lot more things scarier than death. lol.
For a lot of people, their life is like a living nightmare.
I think death does well to elude people until they are happy.
The best deaths ARE tragic.
Think about it, when a drug addict dies, we don't say, ohhhh, it's too bad it couldn't have waited til he/she had a chance to be really happy with his/her life and understand how totally awesome it could be.
Homemaker_Numero_Uno is offline  
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Member
 
GTdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,077
Re: *Death*

I nearly checked out in September of 2010 due to an A Fib event where my heartrate went into the 200s, and the first medication they gave me stopped my heart completely. (No problems before or after, just some kind of weird isolated thing).

My memory is of some intense dreaming, so intense that I thought that was reality and was very disoriented as to where I was when I came to in the hospital. Nonetheless it was very peaceful and I woke up in a good mood, disorientation notwithstanding. Wish I could remember what those dreams were about.

No fear of death, but I don't want it to hurt too much in the process.
GTdad is offline  
 
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 2,528
Re: *Death*

I envision it to probably feel like the whole Star Trek/"beam me up Scotty" type of occurence, where I transform from being a solid matter into being an enegry matter or source that is un-obstructed by solid objects and is unseen or heard by the human eye. And at that point I will no longer be "me", and will shed my humanly name and appearance and become something that is part of something totally different. And no offense to those that "almost died" but I am sure it's probably even much more different than what you all experienced.

To me that is both freakin SCARY and/or WEIRD!!


Last edited by Cee Paul; 01-18-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Cee Paul is offline  
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Member
 
Homemaker_Numero_Uno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,175
Re: *Death*

I can't believe you got an Rx for tachycardia before anyone had you try a valsalva maneuver or laying down on the floor and crossing your arms over your chest and jerking/rolling violently one way or the other. That usually stops an episode in its tracks. I've had such attacks and they are due to allergies. Just a manifestation. The first time I was young and I ended up getting heart monitor, etc. The second time I was peeved and then remembered the maneuvers and did them and it worked right away. I had a heart rate monitor and yah it was like 220 or something like that. It felt like my heart was going to pound/beat right through my chest wall. I remember thinking that this is not a situation that if it continues will be consistent with life. lol.

I think it is more like melting than dissolving. Your consciousness just kind of pools inside your body, I think you have to be brain dead for the rest of it to happen. Except if you're too eager, and then you can have the floating on top of body thing where the big voice tells you to put yourself back where you belong. Has never happened to me. I just stay put. If you don't count the time I sat up in the OR and asked the doc if I was gonna die. She said, well, I have a scalpel in your uterus so if you don't shut up and lay back down very slowly I'm gonna kill you myself. Boy was she ever peeved at the anesthesiologist, but I'd come into the OR on a gurney being run down the hall and short of at least 5 pints of blood I got later and my blood tests said I was less than dead, I suppose it was a judgement call how much sleepy stuff to give me. But I'd had him put the IV in my jugular cause all my other veins collapsed (blood ran into my arm tissue and pooled black and blue like huge bruises rather than going in the vein in my arm) so he might have been a little upset at having to do that to a patient who was actually alert. What a day that was. I spent 3 months in the hospital recuperating, more or less. Walking around the unit was such a challenge! The old farts in their granny gowns used to cheer me on from their bench at the end of the hallway. :-)

You should watch "Waking Life" it's an amazing movie. It will trigger stuff you thought you'd forgotten.
Homemaker_Numero_Uno is offline  
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Moderator
 
827Aug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 4,167
Re: *Death*

Death no longer scares me--it's life that I find to be super scary. I had a near death experience in September/October 2009. The doctors saw no chance for me to survive, but I did. It was really strange having everyone coming in to say their "good-byes" and sobbing. I remember feeling so bad for everyone. I was in a very deep coma and so wanted to communicate with all of them. I was definitely in a better place than they were.
827Aug is offline  
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 2,528
Re: *Death*

That's another thing that burns me when people assume and say "ohh they're in a better place now", well how in the heck do we all know that for sure and that it's not a "BAD" place they're in instead at that moment.

And again anything we feel or fear here on earth fails in comparison to the supernatural transformation that will take place after death.
Cee Paul is offline  
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Member
 
Homemaker_Numero_Uno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,175
Re: *Death*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Aug View Post
Death no longer scares me--it's life that I find to be super scary. I had a near death experience in September/October 2009. The doctors saw no chance for me to survive, but I did. It was really strange having everyone coming in to say their "good-byes" and sobbing. I remember feeling so bad for everyone. I was in a very deep coma and so wanted to communicate with all of them. I was definitely in a better place than they were.
lol, the doctors and staff who were all gathered around my bed trying to keep me alive so we could run to the o.r. sure were stressed. I was the one who kept a clear head, turned off the iv and said to put it in my jugular, the only vessel left in my body that wasn't collapsing. I'd already had them lower my head end of the bed so I wouldn't pass out. That was a close one. But I'd rather of been me than any of the staff. Of course, I'd worked in a hospital and been on their side of the bed. Many, many times and with patients that expired (usually from heart conditions, hence my vegan diet....)
Homemaker_Numero_Uno is offline  
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 AM
Moderator
 
827Aug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 4,167
Re: *Death*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemaker_Numero_Uno View Post
lol, the doctors and staff who were all gathered around my bed trying to keep me alive so we could run to the o.r. sure were stressed. I was the one who kept a clear head, turned off the iv and said to put it in my jugular, the only vessel left in my body that wasn't collapsing. I'd already had them lower my head end of the bed so I wouldn't pass out. That was a close one. But I'd rather of been me than any of the staff. Of course, I'd worked in a hospital and been on their side of the bed. Many, many times and with patients that expired (usually from heart conditions, hence my vegan diet....)
Same here. I felt so sorry for the staff, especially the two young ladies on the ambulance. My condition deteriorated rapidly during the 30 minute ride to the second hospital. My oxygen level was plummeting, and they were frantically communicating with the regional hospital. The hospital basically told them they could do nothing more than try to keep me talking to them at that point. It didn't work--I still arrived at the hospital unconscious and unresponsive. What a long trip for them.
827Aug is offline  
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Member
 
I'mInLoveWithMyHubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,890
*Death*

Honestly, If it wasn't for my family(kids and husband) I would not want to be living. Living in severe pain every second of your day is a very difficult life to live. I'm not afraid to die at all and no longer want to feel this awful physical pain.

I love my husband and my children too much to take my own life. Plus I have all the support I need right now to keep going.

I'mInLoveWithMyHubby is offline  
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 2,528
Re: *Death*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mInLoveWithMyHubby View Post
Honestly, If it wasn't for my family(kids and husband) I would not want to be living. Living in severe pain every second of your day is a very difficult life to live. I'm not afraid to die at all and no longer want to feel this awful physical pain.

I love my husband and my children too much to take my own life. Plus I have all the support I need right now to keep going.
Sorry to hear all of that. As for myself I have my family(a very large one)and a wife that I'm in a bad marriage with & no kids, but I do have my health thank God and right now I am absolutely TERRIFIED of death.
Cee Paul is offline  
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Member
 
Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,671
Re: *Death*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee Paul View Post
I am absolutely TERRIFIED of death.
I am not afraid of being dead, but I fear the dying process. Some ways of going are not pleasant. I've had two experiences of almost dying.

One time I was literally nose-to-nose and toe-to-toe with Evil itself. I said to him I am not letting you win today. By all accounts I should have been dead by then.

The second time was near drowning when I, my son 11 yrs old, and my 76 yr old father were caught in a rip current at the beach. We were whisked out into deep water in a flash. My son was not much of a swimmer and I had to keep him up. I spent a lot of time underwater. During one of those extended underwater periods it struck me that my only goal was to save my son, and my survival had become totally irrelevant.

During both events a calm acceptance came over me. Death was likely very close, but it was not frightening.
Thor is offline  
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 2,528
Re: *Death*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I am not afraid of being dead, but I fear the dying process. Some ways of going are not pleasant. I've had two experiences of almost dying.

One time I was literally nose-to-nose and toe-to-toe with Evil itself. I said to him I am not letting you win today. By all accounts I should have been dead by then.

The second time was near drowning when I, my son 11 yrs old, and my 76 yr old father were caught in a rip current at the beach. We were whisked out into deep water in a flash. My son was not much of a swimmer and I had to keep him up. I spent a lot of time underwater. During one of those extended underwater periods it struck me that my only goal was to save my son, and my survival had become totally irrelevant.

During both events a calm acceptance came over me. Death was likely very close, but it was not frightening.
Probably the only time I would welcome death is if I was sent to prison for some reason(which is highly unlikely), because there's no way in hell I wanna spend anytime in there locked up with a bunch of animals and psychopaths. I would more than likely either hang myself or slit my own wrists the first few weeks of being in there.
Cee Paul is offline  
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Member
 
RandomDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,931
Re: *Death*

My death is almost 10 years overdue.

Prison isn't bad, it's a vacation. Just do your job, get "paid", and all you do is smoke pot all day, just stay away from the harder drugs. But then again, I've never been in maximum security... would be ALOT worse I guess lol

Meh, I did tell my wife though that if I die and she puts a cross on my grave my spirit is going to haunt her for eternity. Heh she laughed, then refused on my proposal of how I would like to be buried - open burial with my flesh fed to the wolves, let my death nurture new life. Of course, my wife disagrees, but I can feel it in my heart that if I was to die, she would as that is my wish. And to prevent me haunting her

Regardless, I don't really think that much of it. I'm still alive and kicking! xD I'll think about haunting folks when I'm dead.
RandomDude is offline  
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 2,528
Re: *Death*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude View Post
My death is almost 10 years overdue.

Prison isn't bad, it's a vacation. Just do your job, get "paid", and all you do is smoke pot all day, just stay away from the harder drugs. But then again, I've never been in maximum security... would be ALOT worse I guess lol

Meh, I did tell my wife though that if I die and she puts a cross on my grave my spirit is going to haunt her for eternity. Heh she laughed, then refused on my proposal of how I would like to be buried - open burial with my flesh fed to the wolves, let my death nurture new life. Of course, my wife disagrees, but I can feel it in my heart that if I was to die, she would as that is my wish. And to prevent me haunting her

Regardless, I don't really think that much of it. I'm still alive and kicking! xD I'll think about haunting folks when I'm dead.
Naaaah prison ain't so bad; because the thought of sleeping on a hard bed in a nasty jail cell, and the smell of urine and mold in the air all day, not getting to see the outside world, fighting over a tooth brush or a pillow, and hoping you don't get gang raped in the shower is...........a piece of cake. (rolls eyes heavily) And please don't tell me that's only in the movies because I know someone personally who did 2.50 years in state prison, and he said it completely sucks and is a total nightmare that never ends until the day you get out.
Cee Paul is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death ScaredandUnsure The Social Spot 11 06-22-2012 06:17 PM
Rollercoaster of Death! Unendinglove Going Through Divorce or Separation 2 06-03-2012 09:58 AM
My mother's death candiceh Dealing with Grief and Loss 3 01-18-2012 11:19 AM
When it's Death and Not Divorce... katharina Dealing with Grief and Loss 23 01-05-2012 12:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome