Why are there so many "banned" posters? - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
Forum Guidelines New to this forum? Please read our guidelines before posting.

User Tag List

 146Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Britain
Posts: 7,574
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsweet View Post
How bad does a members posts have to be to get them banned forever?

I've seen a few members get perma banned on here. I've found them on other sites whining and complaining about how they think they were still right and TAM mods are just meanies.

Or misogynist men claiming of a greater TAM feminist conspiracy against men going their own way... and being rude little trolls to everyone on TAM in the process.

I'm just curious about what it takes to get kicked off of here. I don't ever want to get booted off, but out of curiosity I would still like to know how bad members would have to be.

As you know I got banned some time ago. I got drawn into an argument where a few posters were saying that Brit blokes were wussies who deserve to get cheated on as we are such wussies because of the second world war or something.

Lost my rag and took the argument too far and got banned for incitement and something else. (Excessive arguing? Can't remember).

Was more ticked off at the time that the others didn't get a banning than at my banning.

So taking an argument too far is one way.

WyshIknew is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Member
 
Nsweet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,998
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Thank you very much for that FrenchFry.

As you probably remember I was banned before "for calling members jerks." I thought it was kinda funny at the time, but I knew exactly why I got a short time out. I was getting riled up at two posters and breaking the forum rules. I took things too seriously and let my temper get the best of me.

I have also been accused of flirting with intent to pick-up and other nonsense, mainly by members who were later perma banned for calling other members trolls and leading a witch hunt. That's not why I come here. Not for the arguments, sexting, or drama. I may not be married anymore but I love talking to men and women who are and those who know what divorce feels like.

TAM is still a really fun place after you get over your own heartbreak, but there is also a very serious side to this place. People who are still hurting are sensitive to any perceived criticism and very protective of their feelings, even in different threads not dealing with their own problems. You have to be careful with what you say and how you say it, or be willing to apologize, eat your words, and delete a few posts.
Nsweet is offline  
post #18 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,639
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyshIknew View Post
As you know I got banned some time ago. I got drawn into an argument where a few posters were saying that Brit blokes were wussies who deserve to get cheated on as we are such wussies because of the second world war or something.

Lost my rag and took the argument too far and got banned for incitement and something else. (Excessive arguing? Can't remember).

Was more ticked off at the time that the others didn't get a banning than at my banning.

So taking an argument too far is one way.
Wow, Wysh--you are the LAST person I would expect to be banned. Then again, though you protest, I think you are one of the more "alpha" men around here.
GettingIt is offline  
 
post #19 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Member
 
larry.gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,384
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingIt View Post
Wow, Wysh--you are the LAST person I would expect to be banned. Then again, though you protest, I think you are one of the more "alpha" men around here.
Yeah, I was around for that one. In fairness the people on the other side should have been banned for "baiting."
larry.gray is offline  
post #20 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 08:48 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Britain
Posts: 7,574
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. John Adams View Post
well now we all have an example of baiting...dont we?

Hey Wysh...did they send you a note to tell you that you were banned? and give you the reasons? How is that handled?
When you try to log in you get a splash screen that says "you are banned for x days/weeks for (mine was incitement and something else that I can't remember. I didn't think I'd incited but I did probably deserve a ban as I'd let a thread get the better of me.) and the ban will be lifted at x hours on x date.

Interestingly not long after I'd come back, somebody, I think quite innocently, tried to start up a thread that suggested British men were way more wussy than American men and were therefore more likely to have a wayward wife as they weren't as manly as American men.

Almost instantly many of my friends on here posted PM's to me asking me to butt out of the thread as they knew I'd react badly. And also almost instantly took the guy to task for posting the thread. He took the thread down, to be honest I think he was bemused by the reaction to what he thought was a genuine question.

I think this just shows how wonderfully supporting TAM can be at times.

You know who you were guys, thanks for the support!
WyshIknew is offline  
post #21 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,625
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Here's a question, in reference to baiting. If you get really good at baiting, do you become a master...........oh, never mind.
Thunder7 is offline  
post #22 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Britain
Posts: 7,574
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder7 View Post
Here's a question, in reference to baiting. If you get really good at baiting, do you become a master...........oh, never mind.




No.

You become a complete and utter w****r!

WyshIknew is offline  
post #23 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Member
 
melw74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 757
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandfly View Post
Hey I just noticed that Anon Pink has been whacked by the mod!

She's one of my top five favourite people on this site.

I hope it is only a temporary ban?

Concerned,
England.
Really???..... I have not been here long, but i am shocked at hearing this.... In the time i have been here i have to say i got on with her well, she seemed very sincere, I too hope her ban is temporary.

Isn't it strange how the mistress always thinks shes smarter than the wife. If shes so smart then why is she the mistress.??
melw74 is offline  
post #24 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,467
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
These people belong in the exception box: if you are here simply to rile people up, you are going to get banned pretty quickly. If you are here to pick up married people, you are going to get banned. If you cause a sh!tstorm, you are going to get banned. Spammers are the biggest amount of people in the banlist.
People come here to pick up married people? That's terrible. I certainly hope that no one on here has left there spouse for someone on TAM.
ReformedHubby is offline  
post #25 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 340
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyshIknew View Post
As you know I got banned some time ago. I got drawn into an argument where a few posters were saying that Brit blokes were wussies who deserve to get cheated on as we are such wussies because of the second world war or something.

Lost my rag and took the argument too far and got banned for incitement and something else. (Excessive arguing? Can't remember).

Was more ticked off at the time that the others didn't get a banning than at my banning.

So taking an argument too far is one way.
I just got banned for 3 days and don't even know why. It was right on the heals of calling someone a halfwit. So maybe that was it. Interestingly enough, I had been called a douche bag no less then 10 times prior. However, mr silver-tongue and his advanced usage of the English language wasn't even reprimanded. . I guess that's the line. douche bag = OK, halfwit = way too derogatory.

happi_g_more2 is offline  
post #26 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Moderator
 
Coffee Amore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: At the local coffee shop
Posts: 3,141
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedHubby View Post
People come here to pick up married people? That's terrible. I certainly hope that no one on here has left there spouse for someone on TAM.
Where have you been?

There was a infamous EA that happened between two well-known people on TAM. A married woman and a betrayed husband. That came to light when her husband, a part-time poster on TAM not as active as the wife, brought it to life. They were banned. Right now there's a married woman in a PA with a married man she met on TAM. She talks about it pretty openly too. I'm not naming names but yeah, stuff happens, that's why boundaries are so important even on a site like this.

Happy with my married man.....my husband.
Coffee Amore is offline  
post #27 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Member
 
VermisciousKnid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,984
Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Amore View Post
Where have you been?

There was a infamous EA that happened between two well-known people on TAM. A married woman and a betrayed husband. That came to light when her husband, a part-time poster on TAM not as active as the wife, brought it to life. They were banned. Right now there's a married woman in a PA with a married man she met on TAM. She talks about it pretty openly too. I'm not naming names but yeah, stuff happens, that's why boundaries are so important even on a site like this.
Eh. Gross.

I've been here a couple of years and I recall some pretty over the top high school level innuendo flying about between one guy and one woman. In the open... Not even by PM. I remember thinking "WTF!? Is this hypocrite central or what?"
VermisciousKnid is online now  
post #28 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Member
 
pidge70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedHubby View Post
People come here to pick up married people? That's terrible. I certainly hope that no one on here has left there spouse for someone on TAM.
Check out a thread by a poster named Zanne. You will get a nice shock there.
Posted via Mobile Device
pidge70 is offline  
post #29 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Member
 
pidge70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Amore View Post
Where have you been?

There was a infamous EA that happened between two well-known people on TAM. A married woman and a betrayed husband. That came to light when her husband, a part-time poster on TAM not as active as the wife, brought it to life. They were banned. Right now there's a married woman in a PA with a married man she met on TAM. She talks about it pretty openly too. I'm not naming names but yeah, stuff happens, that's why boundaries are so important even on a site like this.
Oops, didn't see this. I named a name.....*sigh*
Posted via Mobile Device
pidge70 is offline  
post #30 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,467
Re: Why are there so many "banned" posters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Amore View Post
Where have you been?

There was a infamous EA that happened between two well-known people on TAM. A married woman and a betrayed husband. That came to light when her husband, a part-time poster on TAM not as active as the wife, brought it to life. They were banned. Right now there's a married woman in a PA with a married man she met on TAM. She talks about it pretty openly too. I'm not naming names but yeah, stuff happens, that's why boundaries are so important even on a site like this.
There are a lot of hurting people on this forum. It says a lot about someone that would try and take advantage of them. Sad commentary really.
ReformedHubby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People use the verb "to use" in place of "to watch" porn to shame men. BrockLanders The Men's Clubhouse 462 08-30-2013 06:36 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this...."Banned" BeachGuy Forum Guidelines 16 11-30-2012 11:08 AM
What's the deal with getting "banned"? credamdóchasgra Forum Guidelines 45 10-01-2011 10:36 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome