Re: Common Message Board Abbreviations & Acronyms
I reviewed your posts. You have had posts deleted for the following reasons:
1) you responded to a spam thread and we delete spam threads
2) posts were off topic and we delete posts not on topic
3) and you deleted your owns posts.
Please review the forum guidelines for information on what is allowed on TAM.
Talk About Marriage is a forum to discuss marriage and relationships. Here, we interpret the word "marriage" loosely, recognizing that many different people from different cultures view marriage differently. Please observe our posting guidelines.
1. Treat others on the forum with dignity and respect.
Personal attacks, hate speech, racist or sexist statements or attacks, sexual harassment, explicit sexual comments, promoting violence, will not be tolerated.
2. You are responsible for anything you post on this website. We will not delete your posts or accounts upon request, but we do give you the ability to delete your own posts at any time, unless you are banned from the website. See #14 for more information.
3. If you make suicidal / homicidal statements on this website, and it is brought to our attention, we may choose to notify your internet service provider and / or police and provide them with any information we have to identify you with.
4. Do not post any content that would be inappropriate for young children to see. No graphic language, nude or sexually explicit images. Adult conversations about sex are acceptable in the sex section, as long as people are mindful to use proper terms (no "f" words, etc.) and be aware that our forums automatically censor foul language by turning the word into a series of "****." Sex section is for asking for help and providing feedback only. All other threads there are subject to deletion.
5. No posting just to incite people or start arguments. (aka "trolls")
6. No posting new threads to continue arguments from locked threads.
7. No posting just to advertise products, services, or other websites. While it is ok to have a link to your website in your signature line once you become a "Member," affiliate links and paid posting are never allowed. "Registered Users" are no longer allowed to use signature links. (You must be active on the site for a little while in order to become a "Member").
If it is determined that your posts appear to be solely for the purpose of advertising, they will be deleted and the account will be banned. To avoid coming across as a spammer, make sure you post quality, relevant feedback for discussions. Spammers usually write one or two really general statements that could apply to most people's situations, in order to get a link to their website from Talk About Marriage.
We've had a lot of trouble with spam - that's why we've had to adopt these rules.
8. Be supportive of others and their desire to have happier, healthier relationships.
10. No duplicate posts. (Please don't post the same thing in more than one place.) Duplicate threads will be merged.
11. No hijacking threads. If your post is not on-topic for a particular thread, please start another thread for it rather than taking someone else's thread off-topic. Users who repeatedly hijack threads will be warned and potentially banned.
12. No personal ads for people seeking relationships or attempts to "hook up" with other members. This is not a "dating website."
13. No posts promoting illegal activity, or stating that the member posting provides any type of sexual / prostitution services.
14. In regards to deleting accounts or posts - please do not contact us asking for your posts or account to be deleted. We have set the forum permissions so that anyone who posts has the ability to delete their own posts, any threads they started, and any profile information they entered. We do not delete accounts.
How to Delete Your Posts - This can be done by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post, then clicking the delete button at the bottom right of the editor window that opens. To list all of your posts, do an advanced search for "posts by this user" and enter your username. There is an option at the bottom left that says "Show Results as;" select "Posts." When you get the list or results, follow the same procedure for deleting the posts. We do not delete users or cancel accounts, however we do give you the ability to delete any information you put on the site. We are not responsible for your posts or removing them. If a post is in a locked thread, you can pm me or a moderator with a request to delete it (please include a link to the post).
You can also delete any profile information you entered, by going through the "User CP" links (should show up at the top left while logged in). The same links you used to enter your profile information can be used to delete it.
If you are banned from the site, you will have to wait for your ban to expire in order to delete your posts.
If you are permanently banned from the site, you have lost the ability to post or delete posts permanently. We will not do it for you under any circumstances.