My first thought was 'ouch!' then 'tell her from a from a safe distance'....
I am a UK 14 and have been thinking of how I would react (do react when H tells me I need to lose weight)
Then I got to thinking what would make me lose some weight?
1) photos of me - gawd I hate them. Get the camera out, take some photos of the two of you, nice happy smilie photos - print some out and put on the fridge. (looking at my double chin everytime I went to the firdge might make me re think that snack)
2) go shopping together - you pick some healthy snacks - healthy easy grab snacks. After the healthy meal, treat you both to a bowl of fruit and yoghurt - I love pudding, the thought of fruit and yoghurt is yack, but if it is put in front of me, I would enjoy it. Its about habbit isnt it.
3) walks together - insist!
4) time each other on the gym stuff you have - set 2 days a week aside.
5) oh competition... either against each other or a race with a price at the end - childish, but if there is a new pair of shoes at the end if i loose 7lb i will do it!!
5) money pot. for every lb I lose, i put £x in and you -put in double that.... more shoe money lol
hmmm seems like I am suggesting you do all the work for me to lose weight
Losing weight comes easy for some, for others is does not! it cant be made a chore.
eating can be like smoking, an addiction - we need to change our habbits and we need help to do that - I can tell you love her enough to help and in the end it will help you too.
PS please do not tell her she looks fat x (oh and "if you keep on eating we are going to have to buy you a new wardrobe of clothes" does not work... I wanted the new clothes then