I am a police officer and not loyal
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Relationship Discussion Although anyone can post anywhere on Talk About Marriage, this section is for people interested in general relationship and marriage advice.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Default I am a police officer and not loyal

I love my job but women are just easy for us officers to get. Everyone in my department cheats. It's just our nature like 007. I have a girlfriend who I have been with 6 years and we are supposed to get married in 3 months but I have cheated on her many times and she has no clue. Should I keep it a secret and marry her? I do love her but other women just turn me on for a 1 night.
police007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Greentea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MN USA
Posts: 72
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

Why it's easy for police officers to get women? How come? Because you guys have guns? because you have authorities? That makes you guys more handsome and sexy? if that is the case, you guys are abusing the authority people give to you.

Last edited by Greentea; 10-20-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Greentea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentea View Post
Why it's easy for police officers to get women? How come? Because you guys have guns? because you have authorities? That makes you guys more handsome and sex? if that is the case, you guys are abusing the authority people give to you.
I won't deny it what you are saying. It is very true. I do feel like that but I also love protecting society and arresting criminals but what you said is true and I just can't stop thinking like that. I don't know if it's a problem.
police007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 215
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

I think your love is warped and cruel if you are not honest and inform your GF of your behavior and the fact you seem to have no intention of ever stopping.
Idontknownow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 81
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

well i do LOVE a man in uniform def a turn on for me ..

But seriously it depends on how you approach the situation with your lady. Is she the jealous type? is she understanding?

I am the kind of woman who is pretty open minded about relationships ( i have been married for almost 9 yrs now).. MY def of cheating is banging a chick WITHOUT my knowledge ( we are also swingers). That is my def of cheating, playing without me?

I am not trying to say what you are doing is right, but, trying to help you. What about involving her in your One nightstands? would that be something she is into?

IDK what you can do, you could tell her, or not, its up to you. Honesty sometimes is not the best thing in a relationship... im just sayin...
misspuppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspuppy View Post
well i do LOVE a man in uniform def a turn on for me ..

But seriously it depends on how you approach the situation with your lady. Is she the jealous type? is she understanding?

I am the kind of woman who is pretty open minded about relationships ( i have been married for almost 9 yrs now).. MY def of cheating is banging a chick WITHOUT my knowledge ( we are also swingers). That is my def of cheating, playing without me?

I am not trying to say what you are doing is right, but, trying to help you. What about involving her in your One nightstands? would that be something she is into?

IDK what you can do, you could tell her, or not, its up to you. Honesty sometimes is not the best thing in a relationship... im just sayin...
She always complains that I work a lot and that I do a lot of hours. It does annoy me a lot. No one will just understand why we work a lot. I don't think I will find a women that will support me when I come from work.
police007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Greentea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MN USA
Posts: 72
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

So, you guys get compensated in women for protecting society and arresting criminals?

My dream is to be a police officer here, but your post kind makes me feel a little bit ........don't know how to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by police007 View Post
I won't deny it what you are saying. It is very true. I do feel like that but I also love protecting society and arresting criminals but what you said is true and I just can't stop thinking like that. I don't know if it's a problem.
Greentea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentea View Post
So, you guys get compensated in women for protecting society and arresting criminals?

My dream is to be a police officer here, but your post kind makes me feel a little bit ........don't know how to say.
Not every officer is the same. Everyone has a different personality. Me I have some issues that needs to be solved in my life and if you want to serve and protect then go for it
police007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 81
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by police007 View Post
She always complains that I work a lot and that I do a lot of hours. It does annoy me a lot. No one will just understand why we work a lot. I don't think I will find a women that will support me when I come from work.
I understand that is hard for you. You put in long hours, you protect and serve, you are there when there is trouble, you give your life for others, you DESERVE someone who can trust you to come home to every night with out getting the 2nd degree. I understand the sacrifice you make everyday, im not married to Police Officer, but, i grew up in a military family, and talk about dedication and commitment, ANY ONE in Law Enforcement, Military or Firemen IS capable of love.. look what you guys do!!!! for crying out loud.. put aside the pretty lady thing for a minute. give yourself credit for what you do for others.

You are:
Committed
Dedicated
Brave
Caring
Compassionate
Concerned
Loving
Loyal
Hard Working


the list can go on and on and on.. anyone would be off their rocker not to care for you, and so many others like you.. YES, it is hard because woman throw themselves at you. but so do so many other professions out there i wish you all the luck in the world that you find someone who loves you for you!!!!
misspuppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Greentea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MN USA
Posts: 72
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by police007 View Post
Not every officer is the same. Everyone has a different personality. Me I have some issues that needs to be solved in my life and if you want to serve and protect then go for it

I decide I shouldn't have joked like that.

Last edited by Greentea; 10-20-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Greentea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspuppy View Post
I understand that is hard for you. You put in long hours, you protect and serve, you are there when there is trouble, you give your life for others, you DESERVE someone who can trust you to come home to every night with out getting the 2nd degree. I understand the sacrifice you make everyday, im not married to Police Officer, but, i grew up in a military family, and talk about dedication and commitment, ANY ONE in Law Enforcement, Military or Firemen IS capable of love.. look what you guys do!!!! for crying out loud.. put aside the pretty lady thing for a minute. give yourself credit for what you do for others.

You are:
Committed
Dedicated
Brave
Caring
Compassionate
Concerned
Loving
Loyal
Hard Working


the list can go on and on and on.. anyone would be off their rocker not to care for you, and so many others like you.. YES, it is hard because woman throw themselves at you. but so do so many other professions out there i wish you all the luck in the world that you find someone who loves you for you!!!!
If my gf said that to me I would have really stopped cheating and I am serious. I am ending this relationship. I want to be loyal and have a family one day. There is no point of 1 night stands when no one is supporting me. Thank you
police007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
F-102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago 'burbs
Posts: 3,505
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

Thank you for your service, cops just don't get the respect they deserve. But I think you need to seriously take stock of yourself and ask yourself, are you truly READY to be married?
F-102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2010, 01:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,007
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

I look at this another way entirely.

What you are doing to your girlfriend shows very negative behaviors to the persons closest to you that you are about to swear to honor and cherish for life. If you can break that vow before you've even made it what kind of man are you really?

Do your soon to be wife a favor and get out or fess up. I think she does deserve to see the man she's marrying that perhaps hides behind adjectives that describe his uniform but not him. It is ignorance to believe that all those who take a call to service are automatically good.
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,469
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

It's true that it's very difficult for cops to make time for their wives and girlfriends due to their unique lifestyle. When everybody's sleeping, they're working on their duties. When it's time for them to sleep, next hour, they might get a emergency call to get back to work. The lifestyle is pretty tough actually. It's very important for them to find a supportive woman who understands and accepts him at times he can't be there for her when she needs him. It's very important for them to find a true woman who honors his work. Unfortunately, many cops have relationship & marriage problems because their work requires 24 hours standing by for emergencies, and almost everyday, some crimes happen. It's a restless job. So their gfs and wives can often feel very lonely.
My husband and me had a chance to make cops friends and yes, most of them can only grasp love whenever they can. Of course they do wish for a stable and loving family but nowadays, it's getting more and more difficult to find a Miss Right for a cop. It's almost impossible for them to focus on the happiness of the women. So my idea would be, don't rush into marriage if you're not ready. When your Miss Right shows up, you know she's exactly your life girl, you want to marry her and you know you won't cheat on her. It's possible you not yet found that true woman so you're having some kind of confusions and hesitations.

Last edited by MsLonely; 10-21-2010 at 02:11 AM.
MsLonely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2010, 02:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,469
Default Re: I am a police officer and not loyal

When you can't focus on the happiness of any woman. Find a woman who would focus on your happiness. She would screw your brains off everyday and you have no more sperm in stock for other women. LOL
just joking.
Posted via Mobile Device
MsLonely is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Husband more loyal to ex questar1 General Relationship Discussion 10 08-18-2011 12:28 AM
Captain & First Officer: so who's boss? madimoff General Relationship Discussion 7 03-19-2011 09:09 AM
my loyal wife wants to physically harm the woman I had an affair with SECEST Coping with Infidelity 8 10-18-2010 08:08 PM
Police report LVS Considering Divorce or Separation 3 05-06-2010 03:27 PM

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads


Sponsor Ads




Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.