Want to get out of the friend zone?
I can help show you what needs to be done, but you need to do the hard work yourself.
This advice is blunt. Fair warning.
First, understand these two things, first that a woman that views a man as a "friend", is in most ways seeing, and treating him as another woman, and second that she has no sexual attraction for this man.
Understand these two things, even if it is hard to hear, is the key to breaking this cycle with this woman, or any other woman, and most importantly, never getting into this friend zone again, which of course to pursue a relationship then is MUCH easier to deal with by never getting into in the first place.
The actions, are simply this, to stop behaving a like a woman around this "friend zone" woman, to stop behaving in ways that encourage lack of respect, and start behaving in ways to both increase respect and increase sexual attraction.
To break the cycle, understand these "rules", and incorporate them.
1. Never, I mean NEVER, listen to a woman complain about her boyfriend. Cut this conversation short, change the subject, be blunt to say "I am not good at helping girls out with such things, and have no interest in becoming better", walk away or get off the phone immediately. Whatever it takes. Understand this is firm, a little humor is okay, but really, this is the difference from being seen as another woman, and being seen as a man that commands too much respect to be bothered by some trivial details of a relationship that does not concern him. Do not help your "friend zone" woman become better related to some other man, do not let yourself be seen as such a man ever.
2. Do not shower a "friend zone" woman with compliments. I mean just this, never tell her she's pretty, she looks good, she's hot, unless you are already in a relationship with her. Say she's maybe "interesting" or sorta cool, or maybe even half compliment, like she's "quirky", or "different". This type of advice may sounds strange, but all this is just this one thing, to be sure to leave a little mystery to how incredible you may think she is, and give HER the opportunity to show her stuff to you to prove that she is anything that you think she may be. Showering her with compliments before this step, to her mind is backwards, and will make her view any man that does this either with suspcion, or lack of respect. This advice is the same regarding doing too many "favors", do not become a servant or a slave to a woman, like fixing the plumbing at her house, or her car, or some such nonsense, unless you are in a relationship with her or she pays you money or something. Insist in all interactions, that you expect to be treated like an adult, like a man, and not a servant, slave, or her child.
3. Think of how you would act, say if you were brad pitt or someone, around this woman. Would you be fawning over her, or would you have a busy and full schedule without her, and need to work her in if she would prove herself interesting enough? Think about this scenario, and make it the same for yourself. To a woman, if a man is too available, or doesn't have any hobbies or "interests" himself, to her she will see such a man as "uninteresting". Not hard to understand, right?
Become an attractive and interesting man yourself!
4. Do all these things first, and then, and only then, if your "friend zone" woman is then doing what every woman will do to a man that she is attracted to, then be prepared for it. What is this you may ask? It is the "fitness test", or " sh!t test". A man that a woman is interested in, she will ALWAYS test such a man.
A man that fails these test, or fails to even notice he is failing a test, is solid in the "friend zone".
The good man that passes these tests, and better, can flip these to give her a test himself, is better. Such a man, is not in the friend zone.
For the good man do this while remaining calm, confident, aloof, and humorous, and seemingly enjoying to do these things, is best. This man is not even knowing what a "friend zone" is!!!!!
Look on this forum for "fitness test", and google "sh!t test" if these terms are confusing to you.
5. Finally, after these things are in place, and you have passed the fitness test, then (and ony then!) will it be appropriate for you, the good man, to initiate a first date. And this date is NOT going to be a "what do you want to do tonight, honey?" date (rarely if ever for ANY man should do this). Instead, you will initiate the time, the place, the agenda, something that interest YOU, that you can show your woman an interesting and fun time while she sees you in your element, confident, calm, and in control and fun and humorous to be with.
(Understand, steps 4 and 5 can be done rather quickly, and incorporated together, such as passing a fitness test and initiating first date together, by telling her to cancel her next date with "what's his name", because you have two tickets to a show and don't want to completely waste the second ticket, for example. Regardless, pass the fitness test first!)
There is much to discuss on this matter, of the "friend zone" and how to avoid it.
Getting out of this "friend zone" is hard, it takes deliberate actions, and yes, you need to be what may seem to you MUCH more selfish, but that is the really the simple act of commanding respect, and not being treated any longer like you do not wish to be treated.
And yes, this is a risk that you will not become so involved in this woman's life, if you refuse any longer to be treated as another woman.
Better to take the courage and risk to pull away, and do the necessary work to establish a relationship with this woman as a man, than continue to be dishonest and frustrated maintaining a relationship with her merely acting like a woman!
Also, here is the link that F-102 was speaking of: But If We Started Dating It Would Ruin Our Friendship (satire)
The dread "friend zone", avoid it!
I wish you well.