Sex and Relationships
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Relationship Discussion Although anyone can post anywhere on Talk About Marriage, this section is for people interested in general relationship and marriage advice.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 01:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
draconis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 3,717
Default Sex and Relationships

How important is sex in your relationship?

draconis
draconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-10-2007, 02:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario , Canada
Posts: 30
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

everything .. sex is everything in my relationship .
but dont take my advice .. I'm about to lose my wife .

to me , sex is something that you do to show your partner how much you care for them , to my wife .. sex is just sex ..
lovemywife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
draconis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

For me I think in part it is a guage and a part of a healthy relationship. Let's face it most people like sex. It releases chemicals into the brain so no wonder we want that rush. But more important to me is the fact that every session of sex for the wife and I mean we are going to cuddle and bond after. We are going to talk from our hearts. Sex isn't a have to thing but it is a good, fun thing to be sure.

draconis
draconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

I do beleive sex is a healthy part of any relationship.

However my marriage is now lacking that. I find myself turned off because my husband does not spend any time with me, at night while I'm asleep he spends hours on the computer visiting porn sites. I know of these because I've checked the history and I find save photos under my c drive. I've asked him about it and he says he only does it for fun. I'm at a point where I don't want to deal with him anymore, because I feel he should be spending those long hours at night with me and not on a porn site.
Any ideas or comments.
Calichick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario , Canada
Posts: 30
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

wow Calichick , if I didn't know better I would think that your my wife posting that .
I unfortunatly have no advice as we are going through the same problem , just feel better knowing someone shares your exact same issue .
I'm working on fixing this problem , but it's going to be a very long road for me .

good luck , I wish you the best
lovemywife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
draconis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calichick View Post
I do beleive sex is a healthy part of any relationship.

However my marriage is now lacking that. I find myself turned off because my husband does not spend any time with me, at night while I'm asleep he spends hours on the computer visiting porn sites. I know of these because I've checked the history and I find save photos under my c drive. I've asked him about it and he says he only does it for fun. I'm at a point where I don't want to deal with him anymore, because I feel he should be spending those long hours at night with me and not on a porn site.
Any ideas or comments.
1) Put down a picture of good looking food on a plate for dinner. When he asks about it say well I though you liked pictures better then the real thing.

2) If you don't have any little kids in the house down load a guy or better yet a two gay guys and put it to screen saver. See how he feels. Tell him that is how he makes you feel.

3) Ask him why he doesn't want the real thing.

draconis
draconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St. John, WA
Posts: 3
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

I think sex is a necessity in marriage. I have recently been going through the fear that my wife is attracted to another, a guy she works with. Now, I am a fairly jealous person (because it has happened to me before), but some signs were there. We were not getting along, we weren't talking, and it was just a gut feeling. Anyways, I think sex is an intregal part, but my wife has seen it as more of a "duty". I have been doing some things differently (outside of the bedroom) and have seen a a huge improvement. The big thing i notice is my wife's sex drive is NOTHING like mine, and it never has been even when we were courting. So, it would stand that if i am not getting it at home, I need to get it elsewhere, but I DO NOT belive in that. Sometimes you just need to take care of business yourself, unfortunately.
jhough142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
draconis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhough142 View Post
I think sex is a necessity in marriage. I have recently been going through the fear that my wife is attracted to another, a guy she works with. Now, I am a fairly jealous person (because it has happened to me before), but some signs were there. We were not getting along, we weren't talking, and it was just a gut feeling. Anyways, I think sex is an intregal part, but my wife has seen it as more of a "duty". I have been doing some things differently (outside of the bedroom) and have seen a a huge improvement. The big thing i notice is my wife's sex drive is NOTHING like mine, and it never has been even when we were courting. So, it would stand that if i am not getting it at home, I need to get it elsewhere, but I DO NOT belive in that. Sometimes you just need to take care of business yourself, unfortunately.

Well I see two positive things here first is that you will not cheat on your wife. Good for you.

Second that you do things outside the bedroom to fix the marriage. It works to get things in the bedroom working too. The happy a person is with you, the more connected they feel, the more they will want sex.

As far as the jealousy thing goes I will address it later. I see this as a thing popping up all over these forums.

draconis
draconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 14
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

Hi, Lately I dont think sex is as important, but I think my relationship has caused me to think like that! How many times do you think couples should be having sex a week? currently we are 1 to 2 times but he only last seconds when we are having sex or he's going soft....Also can anyone tell me how to post a topic here lol
icey
icey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
draconis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

Well, I see you already have posted a topic so I don't think that is an issue.

It sounds like he is suffering from ED, sooner or later I have to do a thesis on that too, but that is down the road.

Sex should be you are both satisfied. If he can't please you with intercourse then he should more then make up for it with oral. If you are not satisfied with the sex you need to have a frank discussion because I think his doctor may be able to help him.

I am also on a forum that talks about sex/relationship and I think we polled one time that 3-4 times a week was average but it ranged all over the place like how long a session lasted normally it seemed to be 30-45 minutes.

draconis
draconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: texas
Posts: 3
Question Re: Sex and Relationships

Hi, I'm new here but have the same issues with my husband.

My husband also likes to look at porn when I'm not around and it pisses me off! I have caught him masturbating to pictures of naked women several times and it hurts my feelings. When he lies about it I flip out. He has left some of these pictures out mistakenly and I found them. I have 3 daughters from a previous marriage and they just as easily could have found them.

He says his behavior has nothing to do with me or our relationship. He loves me and my body blah, blah....... If it upsets me than it does affect our relationship.

Does every man engage in this behavior?
abigailkrn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
draconis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigailkrn View Post
Hi, I'm new here but have the same issues with my husband.

My husband also likes to look at porn when I'm not around and it pisses me off! I have caught him masturbating to pictures of naked women several times and it hurts my feelings. When he lies about it I flip out. He has left some of these pictures out mistakenly and I found them. I have 3 daughters from a previous marriage and they just as easily could have found them.

He says his behavior has nothing to do with me or our relationship. He loves me and my body blah, blah....... If it upsets me than it does affect our relationship.

Does every man engage in this behavior?
No not every guy is like that.

Yes most are sadly.

He probably does love you and is attracted to you etc.

You need to share with him your discomfort about it.

draconis
draconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2007, 03:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

I look at porn more than my boyfriend. But he's sowed his oats; he's been with 6 other women besides me. I've only been with him, and am curious about other people, but am afraid that acting on that curiosity can upset my delicate emotional state regarding sexuality, what it means, and how it plays out in a relationship. There is potential on my side for pain and scarring if I explore.
aeroz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
draconis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 3,717
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroz View Post
I look at porn more than my boyfriend. But he's sowed his oats; he's been with 6 other women besides me. I've only been with him, and am curious about other people, but am afraid that acting on that curiosity can upset my delicate emotional state regarding sexuality, what it means, and how it plays out in a relationship. There is potential on my side for pain and scarring if I explore.
There is nothing wrong with curiousity as long as it conforms to the agreement of the relationship you are in. Since he has no problem with you watching porn and you are not addicted to it I see nothing wrong with you viewing it.

It is really respectful that you have held out so long and have one one partner. That is the sign of a moral person.

draconis
draconis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
evenow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 138
Default Re: Sex and Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroz View Post
I look at porn more than my boyfriend. But he's sowed his oats; he's been with 6 other women besides me. I've only been with him, and am curious about other people, but am afraid that acting on that curiosity can upset my delicate emotional state regarding sexuality, what it means, and how it plays out in a relationship. There is potential on my side for pain and scarring if I explore.
Hi, new here.

This is somewhat similar to my situation. My husband is a bit older and more experienced and I explore my sexuality through porn more than he does. I know that our relationship would never be an open one and if my desires became too much I would have to leave the marriage.

On the main topic, I think that sex is important in a relationship. My husband and I click on every level but sexually and it does create a strain. I sincerely hope that since we are compatible in every other way that will change with time and effort.
evenow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
relationships anonim General Relationship Discussion 9 08-25-2012 08:02 PM
While you are in-between relationships... angelpixie The Ladies' Lounge 14 03-25-2012 11:07 AM
Past Relationships bagpiper General Relationship Discussion 1 08-30-2010 07:23 PM
Commitment vs Relationships garima General Relationship Discussion 2 07-01-2010 04:28 PM

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads


Sponsor Ads




Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.