ref: "The Three Faces of Eve" was a popular movie produced in 1957.
I am the "The Three Faces of Steve"
I am going to present the face that @EleGirl
begrudgeingly "like"............. Like, secretly.
I will offer another logical and rational take on the modelesque Italian Girl who is the same field as you. The lady that you communicate with.
Women in business-
Women in business are at a distinct disadvantage. Men can have friends in the same line of work. They can be friendly with these guys. They can NETWORK with these "guys".
The friendly banter, the occasional email. The meet ups for coffee or beer, or golf, when in the same city is deemed OK. There are no strings attached to this camaraderie. Provided, no party is gay.
When women get friendly and upbeat, they are immediately viewed as being interested in romance.
Before I retired, I dealt with many, many dozens of women sales reps. They wanted a sale. Not romance. Not to be hit on.
Well, 95% of them. The other 5%? They wore short skirts, tight clothes, lots of perfume, open cleavage....you get the picture. Some would have done a lot of things to get a sale.
I suspect your Italian Colleague wanted a friend in you. She MAY HAVE wanted someone to NETWORK with. She wanted a friend. Who does not need more friends?
Men find it hard to separate the women from the body. They just DO!
Me, I would keep her as a friend. Friends are like gold. Hard to obtain.
True, and golden friends never lose their luster. Luster......... Lust Her. Stop the lust....be professional and be friendly. Things will fall into their proper place and their proper perspective.