wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
General Relationship Discussion Although anyone can post anywhere on Talk About Marriage, this section is for people interested in general relationship and marriage advice.

User Tag List

 119Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Member
 
katiecrna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,450
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

I converted to Judaism because I'm tired of working Saturday's.

katiecrna is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:48 AM
Member
 
Maricha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,273
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecrna View Post
I converted to Judaism because I'm tired of working Saturday's.
There are Christians who do not work on Saturdays (Sabbath), too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You can use the 2x4 without adding nails to it.
Maricha75 is offline  
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Forum Supporter
 
TX-SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,551
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

So, if she switches to hetero porn, will you switch over to Islam or Buddhism?

Just become an athiest. Then you don't have to worry over which porn she chooses.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

"You are talking about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind!" Victor Von Frankenstein
TX-SC is online now  
 
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 1,500
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-SC View Post
So, if she switches to hetero porn, will you switch over to Islam or Buddhism?

Just become an athiest. Then you don't have to worry over which porn she chooses.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Porn is damaging to a marriage no matter what.
Diana7 is offline  
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Member
 
Taxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: The Frozen North
Posts: 262
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Doesn't work:
My BIL converted to Orthodox Judaism in an attempt to stop his wife from being the royal b**ch that she is. Claimed that his observance would stop her from saying sh!t, and doing sh!t that had people turning their backs on both of them. She just ramped up. Started belittling him in front of friends and family. Mr. Wimpy took it, until she REALLY stepped over the line. Apparently, when she did, they were on the freeway, and he ripped the rearview mirror off the window, and beat her senseless with it. Afterward she screamed to anyone who would listen that she thought he would just take it, she never suspected that he would just lose it. She will never poke that bear again. (at least to the extent that she did)

The charge was assault. The prosecutor dropped the "with intent" part, but the courts mandated a separation. He has a record. They are still married, however, it cannot be called much of anything, except dysfunction city. Why are they still married? Got me. He has had a long standing AP, and he basically goes home to sleep, rest of the time he is at his office. 45 years of that would put me in a mental institution.
Taxman is online now  
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:41 AM
Forum Supporter
 
TX-SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,551
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana7 View Post
Porn is damaging to a marriage no matter what.
I disagree. Porn can enhance a couple's sex life. It can also fill gaps in a marriage when one spouse is LD and the other is HD.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

"You are talking about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind!" Victor Von Frankenstein
TX-SC is online now  
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:16 PM
Forum Supporter
 
arbitrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Texas/Brazos Valley
Posts: 11,301
Cool Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

The ultimate journey and the receiving of forgiveness from God, through Jesus Christ, or any other entity, must preeminently be travelled alone before ones heart fully opens up to Him!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!" - Jean Valjean from Les Miserables

My Story! http://talkaboutmarriage.com/going-t...andonment.html
arbitrator is online now  
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:40 PM
Member
 
lucy999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Brownbackistan
Posts: 1,828
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana7 View Post
Porn is damaging to a marriage no matter what.
I completely disagree. It can and does enhance some marriages. Just because you aren't cool with it doesn't mean it's wrong for everyone. I respect your stance on porn and i would hope you would respect mine, despite our difference of opinion.

I urge you to refrain from blanket statements like this.
lucy999 is offline  
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Forum Supporter
 
CynthiaDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,431
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yichud View Post
I've recently decided to convert to Christianity so I can get my wife to stop watching lesbian porn.

however she refuses.

how do I get her to believe in the way of god?
lol What on earth?!
That isn't how someone converts to Christianity. If you converted to get your wife to quit doing something, then you haven't actually converted at all.
As far as getting your wife to convert, a forced conversion isn't a conversion. Either she believes and converts or she doesn't. Either way it's not something you can make her do.

For more on my marriage philosophies check out the marriage section of my website:
The Feminine Review

Standard Evidence Thread: http://talkaboutmarriage.com/coping-...ence-post.html
CynthiaDe is online now  
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 03:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southwestern US
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by yichud View Post
I've recently decided to convert to Christianity so I can get my wife to stop watching lesbian porn.

however she refuses.

how do I get her to believe in the way of god?
What did you convert to Christianity from?

Why should your conversion have any bearing on her religion?

If my partner converted to Judaism, for example, that would have no bearing on MY religious beliefs...

Livvie is offline  
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Forum Supporter
 
blueinbr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 6,295
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecrna View Post
I converted to Judaism because I'm tired of working Saturday's.


You're joking of course.
blueinbr is offline  
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Somewhere else...
Posts: 3,129
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Even if you converted because you felt called to Christianity, and not because you want to use faith as a tool to manipulate your wife, it has to be her decision to come to faith. I came back to faith a little over a year ago, and everyone's path is different.

Sometimes, you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time. ~ Unknown
*Deidre* is offline  
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Member
 
*Deidre*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Somewhere else...
Posts: 3,129
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana7 View Post
Porn is damaging to a marriage no matter what.
I think it can be if it becomes preferred over being with one's partner or an addiction. But, everything starts somewhere.

Sometimes, you fall in love with the most unexpected person, at the most unexpected time. ~ Unknown
*Deidre* is offline  
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:55 PM
Member
 
Maricha75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,273
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinbr View Post
You're joking of course.
Lol yes, she is. But it was to illustrate a point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You can use the 2x4 without adding nails to it.
Maricha75 is offline  
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:55 PM
urf
Member
 
urf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 141
Re: wife refuses to believe in the lord jesus christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana7 View Post
Porn is damaging to a marriage no matter what.
My wife asks for me to pick out porn we can share together. It's a really interesting thing to be a part of. It's not an all the time thing just every once in the while. We have been married for 50 years. She is not afraid of her sexuality or mine.

We explore everything together. We share everything. It makes us closer. I know what she likes and what she doesn't.

We are 100% monogamous and we always have been. We are totally dependent on each other for our satisfactions and we always have been. If she were against something that I wanted to try, like porn, it might open a chasm between us and work to separate us. Sharing the most intimate details of what we like lead us to understand each other so much better.

It's only sex, as cheaters say, but there is no cheating.

Perhaps you might restate your objection to porn to be less "all inclusive" and define it as not possible with your own life.
urf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wife is choosing other man Clemson Coping with Infidelity 462 Today 07:00 PM
Wife having an emotional affair or worse thegman Coping with Infidelity 103 12-28-2016 05:20 PM
I Filed and wife is confusing me badbane Going Through Divorce or Separation 8 11-26-2016 04:26 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome