The underlying failure built into most marriages - Page 5 - Talk About Marriage
General Relationship Discussion Although anyone can post anywhere on Talk About Marriage, this section is for people interested in general relationship and marriage advice.

User Tag List

 114Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #61 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 04:04 AM
Member
 
azteca1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,358
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhed View Post
This dude just took the RED PILL! Now your eyes are open.
Congrats!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVXdxaaRiAU
I couldn't get through this. You haven't learned "The Ugly Truth About Female Nature", you just been brainwashed to blame women for your own insecurity. Tragic. "Level Two MGTOW" Hahaha!

And I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask about Hypergamy. Hypergamy appears to be a central tenet of the Red Pill/MGTOW belief system but is there any actual scientific basis for this "fact"? The wikipedia link talks about castes.

Happy to be enlightened on Hypergamy.


Last edited by azteca1986; 04-06-2017 at 08:08 AM.
azteca1986 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 04:27 AM
Moderator
 
MattMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 19,206
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53791263 View Post
Holland is like, a 2-3 hour drive from the London, right? That's a short drive for me.

If I lived in Europe, I would have seen the entire continent by now, no doubt about it. Everything is within a 24 drive. Like driving from my home (Pennsylvania) to the Florida Keys, I've driven it 3 times. Also, with the ridiculously cheap RyanAir and other carriers, no reason not to explore every single thing. I flew from Barcelona to Lisbon in October for $50, could have flown to Rome for the same price.

I'm either going to Ireland or Italy this October. Since it's just going to be me this time, probably stick to Ireland because of the language similarity. I don't want to be too lonely and I don't speak Italian.

I'm saving the UK for one of my last trips abroad, I feel it would be so similar to the US that I'd regret it.
Holland is over the sea. So you get to take a ferry.

http://mygeneralblog1.blogspot.co.uk
http://mygeneralblog1.blogspot.co.uk...-cheaters.html (Be afraid UK cheaters! CheaterVille has come to the UK!
MattMatt is online now  
post #63 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by aine View Post
OK, I'll take the bait.
The reality is that many woman work harder than men, are better qualified than men but unfortunately the system is tailored to men. There is a plethora of academic research to back this up. In my own case I earned much more than my husband when we got married, however I was still expected to do the lion's share of housework, pay bills etc. because he was brought up in a household where the man did in fact earn most of the money. Some men have the attitude that because they have a penis it somehow entitles them to better treatment and they are superior.
When it came time to have kids, that ended up being my responsibility too, I had to change careers because coming home at 10pm at night wouldn't work, he continued to live life the same way, out late, out with the boys, out with clients, etc so something had to give. Of course it was me.
If he could have given birth to the children and taken care of them, I would have been fine with that but I couldn't manage the career and the bulk of the responsibility at home. Many women are in this position. Even now the kids are gone I still organise everything at home, to get him to sort out the garden, maintain the cars, etc is sometimes like pulling teeth. His excuse, he is busy, he is overseas, etc, well so am I. Women are caretakers, we put all and sundry first instead of our own selves, men put themselves and their careers first. Even at work we are self effacing, it is our nature and unfortunately lose out as a result.
What you have written lacks any form of concrete evidence and appear to be the ranting of an embittered man who chooses women you don't like, that really is your probably. I guess you have heard that one shouldn't generalise
So very wrong, and totally ego driven.

Men have created every society that has ever existed on the planet. Every society and nation was created by groups of men with political and military organizations. These men planned and died to create these societies and nations and furthered them by creating industries that helped fund their defenses and political goals. Law, order, discipline, ethos, brutality and bloodshed have all been created and used by men to form all that we have.

Everything on the planet is due to men planning and dying for a cause greater than themselves. Men will die for one another and their ideas and to advance a cause. Woman... not so much. So, as long as men exist in the world, women will be dependent on good men that share their values and world view.

I agree with you that I did choose a bad one. Bad for me anyways.

Last edited by 53791263; 04-06-2017 at 09:08 AM.
53791263 is offline  
 
post #64 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnydee View Post
That is a pretty big generalization. My wife does our home repairs, all the shopping and keeps our home immaculate. She has worked when she wanted to and not from home either. I basically sit and type all day from home while she does all other things needed to be done like filing our taxes and paying our bills. She is in charge of all things to do with our house. Many men go to work from 9 to 5 and get away from their home and kids. Many women have to not only work but deal with the kids and take care of the home. They cannot come home and watch TV while someone else prepares dinner. I think men have it easier than women. My wife endures more pain than I can and without her I would be lost.

It can be that you are attracted to a certain type of woman because my wife is not lazy, I am. She has put up with me for 44 years. Put up with someone who has to have things done his way and is always right when he is wrong. I cannot imagine my life without my wife. Sure I have accomplished a lot in my career but that was because she held down the fort while I was travelling all over the world 3 months out of every year, on business. Sometimes I would come home and find the interior walls freshly painted by her or some other large chore that I would never do. I think you are generalizing things too much.

For instance, they do not work for less because of themselves. They work for less because men pay them less. Men do not value women as much as men in the business world. Sure there are lots of women who are raised to take on the traditional role of a wife where the man of the house earns the money and they take care of the house. They are not lazy. Being a housewife is very hard work. Spend a few weeks with your kids sometime while your wife is out for most of the day. A lot of what you say is due to a society built by men for men. Wives were once considered property. The traditional role of a wife is tied to our generic heritage where they married a man who could protect and provide for them while they tended to the children and home life. If you do not want a wife like that, don't marry one like that. Marry a career oriented wife. I work for a female owned company where women are treated the same as men. My boss's husband is a househusband who raised two girls who are now in college. There are all types of woman as there are men. The only generalization you can make is that women do not have a penis, most times.

That's sweet. "cough, cough, beta, cough".
53791263 is offline  
post #65 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Member
 
azteca1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,358
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53791263 View Post
That's sweet. "cough, cough, beta, cough".
You demonstrate your inferiority complex when you put other men down.
azteca1986 is offline  
post #66 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by azteca1986 View Post
You demonstrate your inferiority complex when you put other men down.

Oh really? Thanks, since you say that, it must be so.

Take your browbeating elsewhere, maybe there is a schoolmarm forum around here.

Hey everyone. If you ever put a fellow person from your own gender down, it means you have an inferiority complex.... just so you know.

This reminds me of 'if you peal the label on your beer bottle it means you're sexually frustrated'.

I hope you didn't have to earn a degree in psychology to make you feel qualified to come up with that stuff.

Last edited by 53791263; 04-06-2017 at 10:03 AM.
53791263 is offline  
post #67 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Member
 
azteca1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,358
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53791263 View Post
Oh really? Thanks, since you say that, it must be so.
People with high self-esteem don't feel the need to put down others

12 Things High Self-Esteem People Don't Do

Embracing victimhood, as you have, isn't a healthy path.
Quote:
Take your browbeating elsewere, maybe there is a schoolmarm forum around here.
I'll post where I like. Cheers.
azteca1986 is offline  
post #68 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by azteca1986 View Post
People with high self-esteem don't feel the need to put down others

12 Things High Self-Esteem People Don't Do
Woa, lifehack.org paid a virtual assistant in the Philippines $10 to write a short blog about a random subject to get more clicks. Take notice everyone and pay attention.
53791263 is offline  
post #69 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:38 AM
Member
 
azteca1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,358
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53791263 View Post
Woa, lifehack.org paid a virtual assistant in the Philippines $10 to write a short blog about a random subject to get more clicks. Take notice everyone and pay attention.
MGTOW are like people who've either crashed their cars or are too scared to get a licence lecturing people on how to drive.
azteca1986 is offline  
post #70 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by azteca1986 View Post
MGTOW are like people who've either crashed their cars or are too scared to get a licence lecturing people on how to drive.
I'm not a MGTOW, maybe a purple piller in their vernacular, which is the lowest level, someone just barely aware.

It's an interesting subject and I agree with much of what they say about women, it's all the simple truth of the genders, they just put a name to a large block of knowledge that men all around the planet already knew. I do not however, subscribe to the notion of withdrawing from dating and not marrying again. I will marry again and will have a prenup signed.

I'm also not a misogynist and check myself often so as to not become one while I peruse the manosphere taking the good and leaving the extreme.


Last edited by 53791263; 04-06-2017 at 10:30 AM.
53791263 is offline  
post #71 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Member
 
azteca1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,358
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53791263 View Post
I'm not a MGTOW, maybe a purple piller in their vernacular, which is the lowest level, someone just barely aware.
I have no idea what a purple piller is. I'm a Level Eleven Skeptic.

Quote:
It's an interesting subject and I agree with much of what they say about women, it's all the simple truth of the genders, they just put a name to a large block of knowledge that men all around the planet already knew. I do not however, subscribe to the notion of withdrawing from dating and or the possibility of marrying again. I will marry again and will have a prenup signed.

I'm also not a misogynist and check myself often so as to not become one while I peruse the manosphere taking the good and leaving the extreme.
The danger is it'll skew your value systems and fill your head with pseudo-scientific crap.

Looking at women as the enemy or intrinsically duplicitous is a terrible start point for finding a future partner.
azteca1986 is offline  
post #72 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 59
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

I don't know if I really care to engage in this slap fight all that much, but I've learned, as a minority woman with several degrees, is that men need to avoid women whose major or degree ends in the word "Studies" like the plague.

You don't want to marry someone who's looking for new and trendy ways to identify as a victim.

As for the OP, "Sorry you feel that way".
Dr. Stupid is online now  
post #73 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
I don't know if I really care to engage in this slap fight all that much, but I've learned, as a minority woman with several degrees, is that men need to avoid women whose major or degree ends in the word "Studies" like the plague.
My STBXW is extremely proud and boastful of her Women's Studies degree. I thought she wanted to rule the world and she put on a strong front about it all... the real world proved her wrong.
53791263 is offline  
post #74 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:33 AM
Member
 
azteca1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 1,358
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Forgot this
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53791263 View Post
I'm also not a misogynist and check myself often so as to not become one while I peruse the manosphere taking the good and leaving the extreme.
Then you'd better check your OP where you denigrate an entire gender due to you unfortunate experience with one woman.
azteca1986 is offline  
post #75 of 100 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 75
Re: The underlying failure built into most marriages

Quote:
Originally Posted by azteca1986 View Post
Forgot thisThen you'd better check your OP where you denigrate an entire gender due to you unfortunate experience with one woman.
Some people just can't let things go. The slightest imperfection, misuse of grammar, tone, the smallest unknown detail.. it eats them from the inside out, completely consuming their thoughts. They end up returning to it endlessly and find themselves unable to move forward.

Social justice or bust

Last edited by 53791263; 04-06-2017 at 10:44 AM.
53791263 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Marriages sidney2718 Coping with Infidelity 56 03-16-2017 01:58 PM
Feeling like a failure JoannaG Coping with Infidelity 58 04-27-2016 02:49 PM
Help with a research project- Intercultural marriages? jdono20 General Relationship Discussion 1 04-13-2016 01:48 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome