My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids - Talk About Marriage
General Relationship Discussion Although anyone can post anywhere on Talk About Marriage, this section is for people interested in general relationship and marriage advice.

User Tag List

 75Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Unhappy My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

I have been with my wife for 16 years and it has been hell from the beginning. I grew up with both my parents in a secure home whilst she was first left to wonder the streets while her mother got drunk and slept with as many men as possible and later her mother went on to dump her at her mothers brothers house while she went to another country...

First let me start by telling you I am far from perfect and I know I probably deserve what she has done...

Here goes

When I first met my wife to be aged 17 then, she already was known to be anybody's but I don't like to judge people over the opinions of others.. Anyhow when I met her I saw her and fell straight in love with her. She Was and still is beautiful to me I was attracted by the innocent look that she had she seemed like she had a good caring heart and for me that's key in any relationship.... We started dating and it wasn't long before I realised how unstable she was and why.. In the beginning I was so loyal to her that people began to laugh at me and think I was stupid for even entertaining her.. (I didn't care I loved her) and still do... Anytime we went out I'd notice that she NEEDED to have the attention of all the guys for all the wrong reasons and as time went by I started hearing stories about her been with Tom, ****, Harry, and his uncle... I confronted her and she would always deny it and even watch me fight and hurt others that had informed me of her wrong doings. I mean I really loved this girl and would believe anything she would because she would proper start crying and saying why don't you trust me...

But no matter how much I believed her my soul was never at ease... Later down the line we split up because I just couldn't trust her anymore after reading a letter she wrote about having sex with another guy... This absolutely kicked my teeth in but I did not harm her in anyway I just walked away... A few months later after splitting up she started tracking me down and going everywhere I went just to get my attention and I only went and fell for it and took her back because deep down inside I still lived her... Not long after getting back together the make up sex was still pounding, so pounding that she told told me she was pregnant... This where things got serious for me. I explained to her that I dont take single parenthood lightly and have no intention of starting a family with her unless she could be honest and faithful... She agreed and told me she loved me and wanted to be with me forever... I was blown away, I had started that dream of having a stable family built on honest and love..

Things were fine for a short while after my first child was born. We were both happy until I started noticing those old traits starting to appear again sneaking around lying and so on... but because I didn't want to take the risk of pushing her away by me acting insecure I didn't say anything as I wanted to show her that I have forgiven her from the first time... we went on to get married and have 3 more kids that I love with all my heart... I will be honest that throughout the years of having the kids I did get wound u a few times and push her about totally wrong I know, it just used to get to me so bad because I knew she was lying and taking me for a mug but she would always heavily deny it.. After these years it wasn't until halfway through 2015 that she finally admitted sleeping with a multitude of men, from blow jobs in cars to getting bent over in toilets, you name...

I kid you not, it was by the grace of god that I managed to hold my temper in.... GOD knows a peace of me was ruined in that one sentence it shattered me mentally and physically I stopped believing and doing all the things I loved gave up on friends, family and work... But I did not lay a finger on her instead I embraced her and told her I loved her even more for her honesty but i am badly scarred from this revelation... We carried on for the sake of the children and in 2016 she started playing about again... When I found this one out I went absolutely hulk mad I just snapped I didn't punch kick or bruise her I just through her out my way HARD!!! Then smashed things in the house until police were called I was arrested and she told the police I was abusing her physically this was the beginning of the end... I was released from the police station and she begged e to stay with her and said she was sorry... Again for the sake of the kids I stayed now in 2017 I have caught on the phone to 3 different men telling them she loves them and needs to be loved because her husband is a bastard and a bully...

The only difference is this time my daughter who is now 16 found her phone and come crying to me because her mum punched her in the face when she asked how could you do this to dad... I calmed the situation down as I just couldn't take no more explosive behaviour around the kids so I let it go.. But now because I've been so calm and understanding she is starting to get physical and has stabbed me with a chisel once, and tried to stab me with a kitchen knife last week simply because she was drunk. Again the police were called by the neighbours but this time she was arrest outside in the street in front of the neighbours whilst swearing at me and the kids...

She'd finally done it and showed her true wicked ways to everyone... So I'm sitting here waiting for her to come out of the station all apologetic but instead was met by the police telling me that I'm not allowed near her because of domestic violence I was again confused and upset but it gets worst, she sent a message to say she is not returning to me or the kids and we can all go to hell... Now I'm sitting here with 4 truly beautiful kids that are crying daily for this ***** of a woman that I still love for some reason and I still want to work things out... Just to prove to my kids that you don't just give up on relationships...

The pain and the emptiness in this house is overwhelming I look at my kids and cry when I'm alone because I feel have failed them and should have done something as the man of the house to hold things together...

Shall I give up or continue my quest of love and belief in her ??

She's a diamond girl until she drinks and abuses cannabis. I never used to smoke or drink but now she's got me into drink and smoking cannabis.. When parting with friends I then bumped into cocaine because I just can not handle cannabis and drink at all so friends at a party said the coke would stop the spinning...

I've managed to no touch a thing since she has been gone but I want her back so bad that it's making life seem impossible...

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

Is this situation my fault ?? And how do I get her back and help her to change ???


Last edited by EleGirl; 04-10-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Ex Abusive husband is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Member
 
turnera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 36,210
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

Would you mind editing your post and breaking it into paragraphs? It's too hard to read such a large block of text.
turnera is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Moderator
 
MattMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 19,555
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

@Ex Abusive husband I am so sorry you are here, but glad that you found us.

Because of your spelling and the use of words like "mug" I am presuming you are in the UK.

You need to get an urgent appointment with a Solicitor tomorrow to ensure the safety of you and the children.

Mention her drug abuse to him or her.

He or she will be able to guide you to do what you need to do.

You need to get yourself and your children to see your doctor to sort out counselling for you all.

Please know that we are here for you.

It's not your fault.

Not your job to fix her.

Your job is to look after you and the kids.

Divorce looks like a good option.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Be afraid UK cheaters! CheaterVille has come to the UK!

Last edited by MattMatt; 04-09-2017 at 07:17 PM.
MattMatt is online now  
 
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Moderator
 
MattMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 19,555
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Abusive husband View Post
I have been with my wife for 16 years and it has been hell from the beginning. I grew up with both my parents in a secure home whilst she was first left to wonder the streets while her mother got drunk and slept with as many men as possible and later her mother went on to dump her at her mothers brothers house while she went to another country...

First let me start by telling you I am far from perfect and I know I probably deserve what she has done...

Here goes

When I first met my wife to be aged 17 then, she already was known to be anybody's but I don't like to judge people over the opinions of others.

Anyhow when I met her I saw her and fell straight in love with her. She Was and still is beautiful to me I was attracted by the innocent look that she had she seemed like she had a good caring heart and for me that's key in any relationship.

We started dating and it wasn't long before I realised how unstable she was and why.. In the beginning I was so loyal to her that people began to laugh at me and think I was stupid for even entertaining her.. (I didn't care I loved her) and still do.

Anytime we went out I'd notice that she NEEDED to have the attention of all the guys for all the wrong reasons and as time went by I started hearing stories about her been with Tom, ****, Harry, and his uncle.

I confronted her and she would always deny it and even watch me fight and hurt others that had informed me of her wrong doings. I mean I really loved this girl and would believe anything she would because she would proper start crying and saying why don't you trust me.

But no matter how much I believed her my soul was never at ease.

Later down the line we split up because I just couldn't trust her anymore after reading a letter she wrote about having sex with another guy.

This absolutely kicked my teeth in but I did not harm her in anyway I just walked away.

A few months later after splitting up she started tracking me down and going everywhere I went just to get my attention and I only went and fell for it and took her back because deep down inside I still lived her.

Not long after getting back together the make up sex was still pounding, so pounding that she told told me she was pregnant.

This where things got serious for me. I explained to her that I dont take single parenthood lightly and have no intention of starting a family with her unless she could be honest and faithful.

She agreed and told me she loved me and wanted to be with me forever.

I was blown away, I had started that dream of having a stable family built on honest and love.

Things were fine for a short while after my first child was born. We were both happy until I started noticing those old traits starting to appear again sneaking around lying and so on.

But because I didn't want to take the risk of pushing her away by me acting insecure I didn't say anything as I wanted to show her that I have forgiven her from the first time... we went on to get married and have 3 more kids that I love with all my heart.

I will be honest that throughout the years of having the kids I did get wound u a few times and push her about totally wrong I know, it just used to get to me so bad because I knew she was lying and taking me for a mug but she would always heavily deny it.

After these years it wasn't until halfway through 2015 that she finally admitted sleeping with a multitude of men, from blow jobs in cars to getting bent over in toilets, you name.

I kid you not, it was by the grace of god that I managed to hold my temper in.

GOD knows a peace of me was ruined in that one sentence it shattered me mentally and physically I stopped believing and doing all the things I loved gave up on friends, family and work.

But I did not lay a finger on her instead I embraced her and told her I loved her even more for her honesty but i am badly scarred from this revelation.

We carried on for the sake of the children and in 2016 she started playing about again.

When I found this one out I went absolutely hulk mad I just snapped I didn't punch kick or bruise her I just through her out my way HARD!!! Then smashed things in the house until police were called I was arrested and she told the police I was abusing her physically this was the beginning of the end.

I was released from the police station and she begged e to stay with her and said she was sorry.

Again for the sake of the kids I stayed now in 2017 I have caught on the phone to 3 different men telling them she loves them and needs to be loved because her husband is a bastard and a bully.

The only difference is this time my daughter who is now 16 found her phone and come crying to me because her mum punched her in the face when she asked how could you do this to dad.

I calmed the situation down as I just couldn't take no more explosive behaviour around the kids so I let it go.

But now because I've been so calm and understanding she is starting to get physical and has stabbed me with a chisel once, and tried to stab me with a kitchen knife last week simply because she was drunk. Again the police were called by the neighbours but this time she was arrest outside in the street in front of the neighbours whilst swearing at me and the kids... She'd finally done it and showed her true wicked ways to everyone.

So I'm sitting here waiting for her to come out of the station all apologetic but instead was met by the police telling me that I'm not allowed near her because of domestic violence I was again confused and upset but it gets worst, she sent a message to say she is not returning to me or the kids and we can all go to hell.

Now I'm sitting here with 4 truly beautiful kids that are crying daily for this ***** of a woman that I still love for some reason and I still want to work things out.

Just to prove to my kids that you don't just give up on relationships.

The pain and the emptiness in this house is overwhelming I look at my kids and cry when I'm alone because I feel have failed them and should have done something as the man of the house to hold things together.

Shall I give up or continue my quest of love and belief in her??

She's a diamond girl until she drinks and abuses cannabis. I never used to smoke or drink but now she's got me into drink and smoking cannabis.. When parting with friends I then bumped into cocaine because I just can not handle cannabis and drink at all so friends at a party said the coke would stop the spinning.

I've managed to no touch a thing since she has been gone but I want her back so bad that it's making life seem impossible.
SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

Is this situation my fault? And how do I get her back and help her to change ???
Paragraph format problem fixed.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Be afraid UK cheaters! CheaterVille has come to the UK!
MattMatt is online now  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

Thanks so much, I didn't even think anyone was listening 😢 Lol yes I'm in the uk ☝️
Ex Abusive husband is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Member
 
sidney2718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,239
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

EAH: Are you prepared for a divorce? If not, find an individual counselor who can help you understand that your wife is ill and that there is nothing that you can do to fix her.

If you are prepared for divorce folks here (and some are from the UK) who can give you good advice.

Meanwhile you have children to take care of.

Good luck fella!
sidney2718 is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Member
 
turnera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 36,210
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

Thanks. So you know that there is no hope for your wife, right? Given her background, it would her at least 4 or 5 years of intensive, long-term, consistent therapy to break down what she went through in childhood and all the horrors she's done as an adult, and then build back up a decent human being. And that's ONLY if SHE wanted to do it. Which is almost impossible.

So, that said, you ask for help. What you need help with is to get therapy yourself to build back up YOUR self worth after how she trashed it. Your kids NEED you to get help. The reason I'm saying you need help is that you are still saying you want her back. Which tells me that you need to learn to become more objective about WHY you would want this woman back.

And most importantly, your kids need you to stop wanting her back. Lest they end up being messed up too. The oldest daughter has the highest risk of being messed up, but you can still help DD16 by showing her what a strong healthy male role model looks like. Remember, the reason wife turned out that way is lack of good parents. Don't push so hard to keep their mother around. They're better off without her around.
turnera is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 56
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Abusive husband View Post
I have been with my wife for 16 years and it has been hell from the beginning. I grew up with both my parents in a secure home whilst she was first left to wonder the streets while her mother got drunk and slept with as many men as possible and later her mother went on to dump her at her mothers brothers house while she went to another country...

First let me start by telling you I am far from perfect and I know I probably deserve what she has done...

Here goes

When I first met my wife to be aged 17 then, she already was known to be anybody's but I don't like to judge people over the opinions of others.. Anyhow when I met her I saw her and fell straight in love with her. She Was and still is beautiful to me I was attracted by the innocent look that she had she seemed like she had a good caring heart and for me that's key in any relationship.... We started dating and it wasn't long before I realised how unstable she was and why.. In the beginning I was so loyal to her that people began to laugh at me and think I was stupid for even entertaining her.. (I didn't care I loved her) and still do... Anytime we went out I'd notice that she NEEDED to have the attention of all the guys for all the wrong reasons and as time went by I started hearing stories about her been with Tom, ****, Harry, and his uncle... I confronted her and she would always deny it and even watch me fight and hurt others that had informed me of her wrong doings. I mean I really loved this girl and would believe anything she would because she would proper start crying and saying why don't you trust me... But no matter how much I believed her my soul was never at ease... Later down the line we split up because I just couldn't trust her anymore after reading a letter she wrote about having sex with another guy... This absolutely kicked my teeth in but I did not harm her in anyway I just walked away... A few months later after splitting up she started tracking me down and going everywhere I went just to get my attention and I only went and fell for it and took her back because deep down inside I still lived her... Not long after getting back together the make up sex was still pounding, so pounding that she told told me she was pregnant... This where things got serious for me. I explained to her that I dont take single parenthood lightly and have no intention of starting a family with her unless she could be honest and faithful... She agreed and told me she loved me and wanted to be with me forever... I was blown away, I had started that dream of having a stable family built on honest and love.. Things were fine for a short while after my first child was born. We were both happy until I started noticing those old traits starting to appear again sneaking around lying and so on... but because I didn't want to take the risk of pushing her away by me acting insecure I didn't say anything as I wanted to show her that I have forgiven her from the first time... we went on to get married and have 3 more kids that I love with all my heart... I will be honest that throughout the years of having the kids I did get wound u a few times and push her about totally wrong I know, it just used to get to me so bad because I knew she was lying and taking me for a mug but she would always heavily deny it.. After these years it wasn't until halfway through 2015 that she finally admitted sleeping with a multitude of men, from blow jobs in cars to getting bent over in toilets, you name... I kid you not, it was by the grace of god that I managed to hold my temper in.... GOD knows a peace of me was ruined in that one sentence it shattered me mentally and physically I stopped believing and doing all the things I loved gave up on friends, family and work... But I did not lay a finger on her instead I embraced her and told her I loved her even more for her honesty but i am badly scarred from this revelation... We carried on for the sake of the children and in 2016 she started playing about again... When I found this one out I went absolutely hulk mad I just snapped I didn't punch kick or bruise her I just through her out my way HARD!!! Then smashed things in the house until police were called I was arrested and she told the police I was abusing her physically this was the beginning of the end... I was released from the police station and she begged e to stay with her and said she was sorry... Again for the sake of the kids I stayed now in 2017 I have caught on the phone to 3 different men telling them she loves them and needs to be loved because her husband is a bastard and a bully... The only difference is this time my daughter who is now 16 found her phone and come crying to me because her mum punched her in the face when she asked how could you do this to dad... I calmed the situation down as I just couldn't take no more explosive behaviour around the kids so I let it go.. But now because I've been so calm and understanding she is starting to get physical and has stabbed me with a chisel once, and tried to stab me with a kitchen knife last week simply because she was drunk. Again the police were called by the neighbours but this time she was arrest outside in the street in front of the neighbours whilst swearing at me and the kids... She'd finally done it and showed her true wicked ways to everyone... So I'm sitting here waiting for her to come out of the station all apologetic but instead was met by the police telling me that I'm not allowed near her because of domestic violence I was again confused and upset but it gets worst, she sent a message to say she is not returning to me or the kids and we can all go to hell... Now I'm sitting here with 4 truly beautiful kids that are crying daily for this ***** of a woman that I still love for some reason and I still want to work things out... Just to prove to my kids that you don't just give up on relationships...

The pain and the emptiness in this house is overwhelming I look at my kids and cry when I'm alone because I feel have failed them and should have done something as the man of the house to hold things together...

Shall I give up or continue my quest of love and belief in her ??

She's a diamond girl until she drinks and abuses cannabis. I never used to smoke or drink but now she's got me into drink and smoking cannabis.. When parting with friends I then bumped into cocaine because I just can not handle cannabis and drink at all so friends at a party said the coke would stop the spinning...

I've managed to no touch a thing since she has been gone but I want her back so bad that it's making life seem impossible...

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

Is this situation my fault ?? And how do I get her back and help her to change ???
Hi @Ex Abusive husband

Firstly, I'm truly sorry for what you're having to go through. This is absolutely tragic and I know how much you must be hurting right now.

I want to be crystal clear about one thing here - it's natural to sometimes look inside and blame yourself for what you're going through and what's happened but let me tell you - this is not your fault.

It's without any shadow of a doubt that your wife has got some deep rooted fears and beliefs that have probably been formed through some challenging childhood experiences (possibly trauma) and this has led her to seek constant attention, alcohol and excessive cheating. It really wouldn't have mattered who she was with, this sort of behaviour would have been expressed.

I have no doubt in my mind that she was called to you all those years ago because she felt on some level that you could be the source of her healing but if she wasn't willing to deal and confront her demons head on, she was just a ticking time bomb unfortunately. I've seen it time and time again and in the end, unless you can face the demons head on, then healing never occurs.

You seem like a lovely guy and I can totally understand how your emotions can boil up to the point where the feelings are expressed physically. I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying that I understand how it gets to that point. However, your focus must now be on (a) your children and ensuring that they have a safe and loving environment and (b) ensuring that you do the right thing for you as well. I know you love your wife but it really sounds like she needs to do some serious work on herself ie explore therapy/coaching etc so that she can heal those wounds. If they aren't healed, then she will continue to express this negative behaviour and your family will be the recipients of the pain.

There is clearly a bit of codependency going on here as well and I know there is a part of you that, as a man, wants to serve, protect and heal her. This is admirable but you need to decide at what cost? If you are wanting to be by her side every step of the way, then that's great but she needs to make a commitment to healing. That means cutting the alcohol, going to therapy and truly re-discovering herself. I honour you for your capacity to love but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't end up stripping you of your self worth as well.

What do you believe your next steps are?

Take Care
Sri
shrah25 is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Member
 
manfromlamancha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,434
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

She came at you with a chisel and a knife ?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!? And you say she's a lovely girl until she smokes weed and drinks ?!?!?!?


Get yourself and your four kids as far away from her as possible!!!! ASAP!!!! And get a restraining order on her to keep her far.

This is my quest, to follow that star
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To fight for the right, without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell, for a Heavenly cause
manfromlamancha is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Moderator
 
MattMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: England
Posts: 19,555
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromlamancha View Post
She came at you with a chisel and a knife ?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!? And you say she's a lovely girl until she smokes weed and drinks ?!?!?!?


Get yourself and your four kids as far away from her as possible!!!! ASAP!!!! And get a restraining order on her to keep her far.


I have heard of this kind of thing before. Cannabis is not all giggling hippies, sad to say.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Be afraid UK cheaters! CheaterVille has come to the UK!
MattMatt is online now  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Member
 
Bibi1031's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: texas
Posts: 1,807
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMatt View Post


I have heard of this kind of thing before. Cannabis is not all giggling hippies, sad to say.


When my son started using Cannabis at almost 17, he was a terribly angry and violent mess. I honestly thought it was some other drug, but the only drug that would come out positive in his drug tests was indeed just marijuana.

Good things come to those who wait...greater things come to those who get off their a$$ and do anything to make it happen.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bibi1031 is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Member
 
EunuchMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 587
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

You know, OP, the responses that you get here will likely be to divorce. It seems counterintuitive that a forum dedicated to helping marriages often points to divorce as the answer. One poster joked that this forum should be called "Talk About Divorce". And saying get a divorce is easy coming from those who have no emotional investment in the marriage in question. These emotional bonds have been formed over the course of many years and are so damned difficult to just sever. A person once said divorce is like killing someone. Biblically, when people get married they are considered one so it's like splitting a person in two.

And your situation has really deteriorated if your wife is making attempts on your life.

Unfortunately, divorce sometimes is the only course unless you are willing to be longsuffering and stay in a relationship that is not likely to change for the better. A pastor I know said to me, marriage counselling is hard specifically because he is often trying to mend marriages that should have never happened in the first place. Like filling in the growing cracks of a house that has a faulty foundation. Fill in those cracks all you want they will come back because they are caused by the deteriorating foundation. One might get into a relationship with a violent/deceptive person. Then try to change them after. It usually proves to be futile because they should have said, no thank you, from the onset and moved on.

Divorce is not always the final nail in the coffin (people have changed after divorce, you know, gotten their act together) but you should be prepared that it might mean the end of the relationship. The thing to remember is that this is not the end for you. There is life and joy on the other side if you search for it. Lasting happiness is of great value and things of great value are always hard to find. If happiness were something that were easy to find everyone would be happy. If you want it, you will have to go through a crucible but you will not regret it. The whole damn ordeal sucks, it sucks to hell, but remain firm.

Godspeed, OP.

Even if I don't get likes for it, I'm still going to say it.
EunuchMonk is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Member
 
aine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Away and beyond in a hot place
Posts: 3,211
Re: My Cheating Wife Left Me With Four Kids

Ex A H, so sorry you are in the situation but to be honest you need to get your act together. Your wife sounds incredibly unstable and abusive. It it not fair to your children.
You have to clean up your own life, get rid of the drugs and alcohol, 4 kids are depending on you, be the man you should be and be the pillar and stability they need right now.
Go see a lawyer and ensure your explain everything, get full custody of the kids and get rid of this woman.

If she agrees to get clean, go for therapy, you can leave the door open for reconciliation, but is she refuses, let her go, she has shown you who she really is and she is not only abusive but a cheat to boot. Let her go.

Get IC for yourself, join a church group or support network to get you through this.
aine is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidney2718 View Post
EAH: Are you prepared for a divorce? If not, find an individual counselor who can help you understand that your wife is ill and that there is nothing that you can do to fix her.

If you are prepared for divorce folks here (and some are from the UK) who can give you good advice.

Meanwhile you have children to take care of.

Good luck fella!
Thank you for the support sir.. appreciated..
Ex Abusive husband is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EunuchMonk View Post
You know, OP, the responses that you get here will likely be to divorce. It seems counterintuitive that a forum dedicated to helping marriages often points to divorce as the answer. One poster joked that this forum should be called "Talk About Divorce". And saying get a divorce is easy coming from those who have no emotional investment in the marriage in question. These emotional bonds have been formed over the course of many years and are so damned difficult to just sever. A person once said divorce is like killing someone. Biblically, when people get married they are considered one so it's like splitting a person in two.

And your situation has really deteriorated if your wife is making attempts on your life.

Unfortunately, divorce sometimes is the only course unless you are willing to be longsuffering and stay in a relationship that is not likely to change for the better. A pastor I know said to me, marriage counselling is hard specifically because he is often trying to mend marriages that should have never happened in the first place. Like filling in the growing cracks of a house that has a faulty foundation. Fill in those cracks all you want they will come back because they are caused by the deteriorating foundation. One might get into a relationship with a violent/deceptive person. Then try to change them after. It usually proves to be futile because they should have said, no thank you, from the onset and moved on.

Divorce is not always the final nail in the coffin (people have changed after divorce, you know, gotten their act together) but you should be prepared that it might mean the end of the relationship. The thing to remember is that this is not the end for you. There is life and joy on the other side if you search for it. Lasting happiness is of great value and things of great value are always hard to find. If happiness were something that were easy to find everyone would be happy. If you want it, you will have to go through a crucible but you will not regret it. The whole damn ordeal sucks, it sucks to hell, but remain firm.

Godspeed, OP.
Thank you sir I'd do anything to save my marriage, I'm just so scared a shaken right now it's unreal... Divorce is my very last option....
Ex Abusive husband is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
serious heart break

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wife is choosing other man Clemson Coping with Infidelity 512 06-23-2017 10:55 AM
please help me! i am so lost! mrphil Coping with Infidelity 10 03-30-2017 06:15 PM
Unwillngly separated wife took kids need adv Ronald Lane Going Through Divorce or Separation 33 03-20-2017 06:00 PM
I Filed and wife is confusing me badbane Going Through Divorce or Separation 14 11-28-2016 06:07 AM
My wife is convinced I am cheating on her. Dopplar The Ladies' Lounge 21 04-10-2016 02:39 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome