07-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
| | can't understand why women get mad so easily
i've been married 29 years now and feel ours is a good and happy marriage. our son is 26 and paying off his own place; our daughter at 23 is finishing her nursing degree after a late start.
my wife has had her moments, but then i dont blame her as i am no perfect man. and times are tough right now; we might loose our house. but tonight's issue got me thinking. i wrote the following email to my wife, but did not send it; i might print it out and discuss it with her tomorrow evening. but, what are YOUR recommendations?
background, our house faces a t-junction, and just 60m (200ft) away is another t-junction but this one with a tiny roundabout where one could make a u-turn...
(i chose 'wedlocked' because i am committed to lifelong marriage - not because i feel i am forced to be married!)
this is what - in my view - happened tonight:
1. we drove up to the t-junction
2. i had not switched on my turn indicators (we go 'straight' into our driveway)
3. we paused; there was a car on the street blocking our driveway
4. so i turned instead, and only then noticed there was a car inches behind - from the street we turned out from
5. he/she was not behind when i was driving slowly towards our house - or u would have noticed it too; they must have been speeding up behind us
6. okay i did not switch on my turn indicators, but that's life - not something i would consider major; yes i felt sorry for the driver behind who did not know that we lived in the house in front, but there was nothing i could do to help him/her understand at that moment why my turn indicators had not been switched On, or perhaps why i paused so "long" before turning
7. when i got to the roundabout, there was an oncoming car that may not have realised we were doing a u-turn
8. so i slowed - just in case (i do this all the time)
9. the guy behind got even more angry
10. i kept my cool
11. i wasn't going to rush around the roundabout and get hit just to please the guy behind
12. u got angry with ME (for trying to "purposely"?? upset the guy behind)
13. i said, it doesn't bother me. his problem. chill. i noticed too late that this made you get even more angry.
14. when we got in the house you side i was being unreasonable/bad tempered with our daughter about not turning on the aircon - she and her friends were cold (it's winter here in australia right now!)
15. shortly after that you also YELLED at me when i asked u a question (about the money for the gardener)
16. and now you're still mad with me and gone to bed silent
is this really something you have to be upset about? what is your view about this that i've missed??? TELL ME. help me to understand!
sure, i am useless and not earning an income/have caused us to loose this house you love; just tell that to my face if you want, but please don't use the stupid driver as an excuse to vent your anger at me if so.