my son is a short term winner here... getting a lot of quality attention from me. In the long run, I don't know how it will turn out.
I don't think my wife has malicious intent. But I am naive about stuff like this. She has agreed to sign away rights to alimony past the first two years. I don't think she is angling for the 10th year. But yes, I could be wrong, I am in the process of putting together an agreement, so we can go through all of this, but I can have some peace of mind.
I have agreed to give her a big chunk of my assets... about 40%. But her giving up her rights for the alimony will balance it out. I do want to be reasonable with her...
Most people who hear about the situation don't find it easy to support her.
I am doing many things, but not yet "really digging" it... but at least I am committed to doing things that I know will make me happy one day.
And I am talking to a lot of people. friends, and a therapist, and you guys... and it all has helped SO MUCH!!
The best way to leave the door open is to do the opposite of what you would do intuitively
1. Do the 180 on her, show that you have taken her at her word and you are moving on with life
2. See a lawyer to see your options
3. Tell everyone your wife wants to leave you because you tried to be the provider and she thinks you are too controlling - see how that looks
4. give your kid lots of love
5. do things for yourself, go to gym, get a new outfit, go out, look like you are enjoying life without her
6. see a doctor or therapist incase you head towards depression. You are young you can do this