Re: Ladies help..How important is new clothing for a man?
My husbands wardrobe is MUCH smaller than mine. In fact, I'm sure it's not even 1/3rd the size of mine. He wears like 3 of his 8 or so pairs of pants he owns. This doesn't bother me at all. At first though I tried to get him to go shopping, and we would and usually the stuff we would buy he would like maybe 10% of it after he washed and wore it a time or two. The other 90% would continue to hang in the closet unworn. This however, did irritate me. Because we always spent good money on designer jeans and pants, that would just hang there. While I love to shop for cheap stuff at Target and Kohls, just because I can get more, and for a lot less. I felt when he got a new wardrobe addition he was wasting money. So I learned to not take him shopping quickly.
Now I'm not saying this is your problem, but I find that men generally like what they like and don't mind wearing the same thing over and over again. Women are like spaghetti and we like to mix and match and intertwine all of our clothes. Where as men, are like waffles and the have certain blocks of clothing they wear and this only fits with this, and this doesn't go with this. So it is not unusual for a man to wear the same things over and over again. However... you must be clean about it. Regular laundering is a must!
Another thing I've done since my husband and I have been together is go shopping for him. Get him the shirts he likes at the same place every time. Maybe add a new color once in a while, but generally as he wears out one shirt or two I'll go and get the same shirts at the same place to replace them. Same thing with pants. I try to get the brands and sizes I know he likes, rather than branching out with anything new because I know he won't wear it, but I get something I know he likes and has worn before he will.
Be plain and constant is not an issue. Women just have too much going on, and a strong urge for material possessions generally lies in this "never have enough" category when we're talking clothes.