Smoking dilemna - Page 2 - Talk About Marriage
The Ladies' Lounge Sharing and support.

User Tag List

 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:50 AM
UMP
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,279
Re: Smoking dilemna

Quote:
Originally Posted by areenhaque26 View Post
He smokes the menthol kind so the smell hasn't been an issue. Like you said smoking is an addiction and I don't want him to get addicted. He's constantly coughing and I don't want him to have health issues down the road.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I smoked for 20 years and had a heart attack because of it. I did eventually quit. Many years later I see this dude puffing on a "cigarette" in a mall. It was an ecig. He gave me a puff and I haven's stopped since.
Nicotine is probably one of the most addictive substances on planet earth.

Most people CANNOT have just 1 or 2 cigarettes. It's nearly impossible. He either has to quit or choose the ecig route. Is an ecig better?? Nobody really knows. I have been doing it for several years and have no cough. My cardiologist also gave me the ok.
Still don't really know if it's safe though.

However, I am hooked, big time.

UMP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
areenhaque26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 54
Re: Smoking dilemna

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP View Post
I smoked for 20 years and had a heart attack because of it. I did eventually quit. Many years later I see this dude puffing on a "cigarette" in a mall. It was an ecig. He gave me a puff and I haven's stopped since.
Nicotine is probably one of the most addictive substances on planet earth.

Most people CANNOT have just 1 or 2 cigarettes. It's nearly impossible. He either has to quit or choose the ecig route. Is an ecig better?? Nobody really knows. I have been doing it for several years and have no cough. My cardiologist also gave me the ok.
Still don't really know if it's safe though.

However, I am hooked, big time.
Would you suggest vaping as an alternative?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
areenhaque26 is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 08:57 AM
UMP
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,279
Re: Smoking dilemna

Quote:
Originally Posted by areenhaque26 View Post
Would you suggest vaping as an alternative?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yes, I would.
However, and this is a BIG however, nobody really knows if it bad.

Like I said, I was totally upfront with my cardiologist and GP and both of them said no problem.

I have no cough and have been doing it for years. Ever since they came out.

Actually my cardiologist said the chemical nicotine is about as harmless as caffeine.
It's all the other crap in cigarettes that's bad.
UMP is offline  
 
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
areenhaque26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 54
Re: Smoking dilemna

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP View Post
Yes, I would.
However, and this is a BIG however, nobody really knows if it bad.

Like I said, I was totally upfront with my cardiologist and GP and both of them said no problem.

I have no cough and have been doing it for years. Ever since they came out.

Actually my cardiologist said the chemical nicotine is about as harmless as caffeine.
It's all the other crap in cigarettes that's bad.
Okay so he smokes American spirit and apparently they are supposed to be natural. So should I do concerned if he's smoking those? My main concern is him getting addicted and smoking more than he is now. Do you ever get the craving for a real cigarette now that you're on ecig?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
areenhaque26 is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:12 AM
UMP
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,279
Re: Smoking dilemna

Quote:
Originally Posted by areenhaque26 View Post
Okay so he smokes American spirit and apparently they are supposed to be natural. So should I do concerned if he's smoking those? My main concern is him getting addicted and smoking more than he is now. Do you ever get the craving for a real cigarette now that you're on ecig?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
A cigarette is a cigarette is a cigarette. Combustion is your enemy.

Vaping has completely taken away my desire for a cigarette.

One interesting tidbit. When I was about to leave the hospital after my heart attack, the nurse got right in my face and said, "if you stop smoking I might not see you again, if you don't I WILL see you again.
UMP is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
areenhaque26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 54
Re: Smoking dilemna

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP View Post
A cigarette is a cigarette is a cigarette. Combustion is your enemy.

Vaping has completely taken away my desire for a cigarette.

One interesting tidbit. When I was about to leave the hospital after my heart attack, the nurse got right in my face and said, "if you stop smoking I might not see you again, if you don't I WILL see you again.
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
areenhaque26 is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:18 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Smoking dilemna

introduce your husband to vaping. my wife is 35 years old sadly she has COPD. we I met her we both smoked. we have both been cigarette for the better part of 6 years. we both vape now. my wife smoked 15 some years. a year after she quit she discovered she has COPD. not something she wants to have at 35.

vaping does not stink, can be used with or without nicotine, and only exposes the user to a small tiny fraction of the harm. its something like 95% safer then smoking. I know you would rather your husband not do anything but you might not win that battle, you can at least put something in front of him that smells like baked goods or something pleasant, and something that wont do him any harm.

smoking sucks. no good comes from it. cigarettes would cease to exist if so much misinformation wasn't being spread. in fact the government wants sick people...... lots of money form cigarettes sadly.
ad356 is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 05:24 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Smoking dilemna

I didn't read the earlier post so I agree 100% with the earlier poster. get him a good adjustable mod and tank, you can make your own liquid and coils if you do the research. with me making my own stuff its dirt cheap
ad356 is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Member
 
SimplyAmorous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 13,910
Re: Smoking dilemna

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisRedding View Post
Was smoking something that he has been doing since the 1st time you met him? If so I can see why he would be hesitant to change (i.e. you accepted him for it back then, so why now does he have to change).

Smoking is a no no for me, I wouldn't even consider getting involved with someone who did, so if suddenly at some point during our relationship they picked up the habit, that would be a dealbreaker (but this may be a different scenario then yours if it was something he has been doing from the start).
Yes for all those young & in love...read & heed... when a couple is dating... these things need sorted out.. to know if you can LIVE with someone & their habits, whatever they are.....

When I met my husband.. he smoked.. I told him I would not be with someone who smoked... he quit, never touched them again.... it's a horrible habit, a huge money waster, and the worst.. it ruins your health...those 2 things right there, deal breakers for me..

Vaping.. don't know much about it.. if this has no health effects.. this is the way to go...if he's willing -for himself...once you've lived with it, it's just that much harder to find compromise...
SimplyAmorous is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I Crazy? Or is this the Smoking Gun? billbird2111 Coping with Infidelity 131 05-21-2017 12:52 PM
Smoking Gun Found BUT ? release2016 Considering Divorce or Separation 16 01-03-2017 04:25 PM
Found smoking gun BUT wiser1617 Going Through Divorce or Separation 1 12-30-2016 12:32 PM
Relieved at finally finding smoking gun BUT ... wiser167 Going Through Divorce or Separation 0 12-30-2016 11:36 AM
Smoking rileyawes General Relationship Discussion 9 09-09-2016 12:55 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome