It's fantastic you're putting in the effort to try these things - all husbands and wives should! Here are some things my H does that brighten up my day/mood:
1. Reach for my hand when we're out or even at home.
2. Draws me funny/cute little cartoons and leaves them for me.
3. Makes us breakfast in bed.
4. Runs a bath for the two of us.
5. I get really bad pains in my back during my period, so when he sees me lying on my stomach on the bed he'll heat up his hand and rub my back
6. Sweet/flirty/sexy texts from my husband! My favourites range from the "can't stop thinking about you" type to the "be naked when I get home" type!
7. I find it really sweet and romantic when my husband dries and brushes my hair.
8. If she's cooked you a meal, let her know how awesoem it tasted!
9. Cook her a meal / make her a lovely snack / makes a nice snack for the kids.
10. Once my H came home and showed me a picture of this gorgeous vintage rocking chair he took on his phone and asked me if I liked it (I did). The next day, I came home and it was in the living room!! Such a lovely gesture, and it works for all kinds of things, from some beautiful flowers to food and even clothes if she doesn't mind when you buy things for her.
11. Once I was in a really rotten mood from work, came home and went straight to bed. My H woke me up for breakfast the next day with a set on pancakes with smiley faces drawn on them with syrups and fruit haha.. It was so funny and really made some of the anger melt away! Fun for kids to make too, so you and your kids could make them for a family breakfast on the weekend.