Whats going wrong?
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - Online Counseling - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Ladies' Lounge Sharing and support.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
Unhappy Whats going wrong?

I have been married almost one year now. My husband has been in and out of different jobs always being laid off for a number of reasons. So that means I have been paying all our bills and I mean all. He never listens to me it seems like he has no respect or appreciation for everything i do. I work all day and go to school at night. Also we have a puppy and he never takes care of her, you would think since he is not working he would be taking care of household chores but no. I have to do all the chores the laundry, dishes, every cleaning known to be known. I just feel so worn down, he always goes to his friends house and never answers if i call. I dont know what i did wrong, I always feel horrible and that I am a horrible wife. any advice?
missunderstood828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
dcrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Republic (in the Ozarks), MO
Posts: 1,394
Default Re: Whats going wrong?

It's NOT you, girl. It's him...he's an a$$hole!

If you can, get rid of him...no one needs this kind of BS. I know it will hurt...you married him because you loved him.

Obviously, I don't know why you married him in the first place...but it seems to have gone downhill after the "I do"s.

Change the locks...get a place of your own. Make him see the reality, the consequences, of his choices.

Do you both talk? Really communicate? Find out why he's now thinking differently.

If he thought you would be a nightly fu.k by marrying you...mention alimony. Child support (if appropriate). See how his mind changes then!
__________________
It ain't illegal until you're caught!
dcrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,295
Default Re: Whats going wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunderstood828 View Post
I have been married almost one year now. My husband has been in and out of different jobs always being laid off for a number of reasons. So that means I have been paying all our bills and I mean all. He never listens to me it seems like he has no respect or appreciation for everything i do. I work all day and go to school at night. Also we have a puppy and he never takes care of her, you would think since he is not working he would be taking care of household chores but no. I have to do all the chores the laundry, dishes, every cleaning known to be known. I just feel so worn down, he always goes to his friends house and never answers if i call. I dont know what i did wrong, I always feel horrible and that I am a horrible wife. any advice?
My advice would be to divorce him. A woman wants a partner at the very least, not a man who is like a child.
I would stop doing everything and focus all my energy on getting out of the marriage. You are not compatible it seems.
preso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 64
Default Re: Whats going wrong?

Have the layoffs been completely not his fault??

Could he be depressed? Being a provider is a big ego thing for most guys....if he's lacking in that area he may feel inadequate.
TheLuckiest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
Default Re: Whats going wrong?

I just dont think i am strong enough to make that decision. I really know its a good idea but i dont want to leave him hanging. Another site told me that i should only wash and clean for myself and wash my own clothes and see how he likes it. And not give him money for gas but i am affraid that will get more tension.
missunderstood828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,205
Default Re: Whats going wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunderstood828 View Post
I just dont think i am strong enough to make that decision. I really know its a good idea but i dont want to leave him hanging. Another site told me that i should only wash and clean for myself and wash my own clothes and see how he likes it. And not give him money for gas but i am affraid that will get more tension.
Sweetheart: If you are strong enough to support his lazy rear end, you are strong enough to tell him "You have 30 days to get a job, I don't CARE if it is washing dishes at Denny's." AND you are strong enough to kick his tush out the door if he doesn't HAVE a job in 30 days. There are jobs, he just isn't hungry enough because he has you to feed his sorry butt.

Sorry, but if he doesn't change, you married yourself a LOSER.
Sandy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Blanca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,039
Default Re: Whats going wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy55 View Post
Sweetheart: If you are strong enough to support his lazy rear end, you are strong enough to tell him "You have 30 days to get a job, I don't CARE if it is washing dishes at Denny's." AND you are strong enough to kick his tush out the door if he doesn't HAVE a job in 30 days. There are jobs, he just isn't hungry enough because he has you to feed his sorry butt.

Sorry, but if he doesn't change, you married yourself a LOSER.
__________________
"I'm a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality."
- Bryon Katie
Blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,295
Default Re: Whats going wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy55 View Post
Sweetheart: If you are strong enough to support his lazy rear end, you are strong enough to tell him "You have 30 days to get a job, I don't CARE if it is washing dishes at Denny's." AND you are strong enough to kick his tush out the door if he doesn't HAVE a job in 30 days. There are jobs, he just isn't hungry enough because he has you to feed his sorry butt.

Sorry, but if he doesn't change, you married yourself a LOSER.
preso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator
 
827Aug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Whats going wrong?

I agree with the other posters. I'll just go ahead and tell you--it 's not going to get better. Look at your life 10 years from now. Do you like what you see? He is LAZY!!!!!!!!!!! If he can't get a job, he should be doing the house work. Just curious; what's his reason for not answering the phone while at the friend's house?
827Aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
whats wrong with me confu Coping with Infidelity 16 06-23-2011 02:52 PM
Whats wrong with my wife Mr Hyde Coping with Infidelity 3 02-08-2011 11:17 AM
I am lost and she says i should know whats wrong David67 General Relationship Discussion 7 11-03-2009 12:04 AM
Whats wrong with me?!!! misty Sex in Marriage 9 09-02-2009 10:16 AM

Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads





Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage