Girls night out - Talk About Marriage
Long Term Success in Marriage If you've been married 10+ years and consider your marriage a success, post your success story here. Help others by talking about what works for you.

User Tag List

 14Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 20
Girls night out

Lately we have been in some arguments because she likes to go to 'girls night out' things where I am clearly not invited. And yes they are verifiably 'girls night' out and not an excuse to be out cheating, but I just hate being excluded and don't see the reason for what I consider some type of feminist thing where guys can't come to dinner, etc. We have a somewhat unconventional relationship in that we date guys together. So whenever we go out, it's either her and I alone or us with a guy, but never me just at a 'guys night out' sausage party where she's not welcome. I don't understand why women want to go and hang out with women and exclude guys like this, I was married to another woman who never did things like this, so now dealing with it, torques me off. Anyone have a similar situation?

parati is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Member
 
SecondTime'Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,212
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by parati View Post
Lately we have been in some arguments because she likes to go to 'girls night out' things where I am clearly not invited. And yes they are verifiably 'girls night' out and not an excuse to be out cheating, but I just hate being excluded and don't see the reason for what I consider some type of feminist thing where guys can't come to dinner, etc. We have a somewhat unconventional relationship in that we date guys together. So whenever we go out, it's either her and I alone or us with a guy, but never me just at a 'guys night out' sausage party where she's not welcome. I don't understand why women want to go and hang out with women and exclude guys like this, I was married to another woman who never did things like this, so now dealing with it, torques me off. Anyone have a similar situation?
Accept the fact that you don't and can't full understand a woman's need to bond with other woman because you're not a woman. She's doing nothing wrong. Just because you can't grasp her need for this doesn't make it wrong. Respect that she has some needs you can't meet. Actually, be grateful she doesn't depend on you 100% to meet ALL of her needs because no human being can do that for another human being.
SecondTime'Round is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Re: Girls night out

Huh? You posted in two threads that you found your gf to be boring because she doesn't have affairs? Are you a troll? Please stop posting to contradict yourself. There are many people who have legitimate issues to be addressed.
Roselyn is online now  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Member
 
SimplyAmorous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 13,818
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselyn View Post
Huh? You posted in two threads that you found your gf to be boring because she doesn't have affairs? Are you a troll?
WOW.... that sure puts another spin on it.. the thread / his words :

Lack of Infidelity is boring:

Quote:
Originally Posted by parati View Post
Maybe it's juxtaposed to the thread but I have an issue:

I am having a really hard time dealing with the lack of my GF having sex with other guys in that she bores me now that she's not doing it. I really, really like for her to have sex with other guys and I've seen her do it 4 times and would love to repeat!
SimplyAmorous is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Forum Supporter
 
arbitrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Central Texas/Brazos Valley
Posts: 11,089
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAmorous View Post
WOW.... that sure puts another spin on it.. the thread / his words :

Lack of Infidelity is boring:
Textbook "troll," I'd say!
Posted via Mobile Device

"To love another person is to see the face of God!" - Jean Valjean from Les Miserables

My Story! http://talkaboutmarriage.com/going-t...andonment.html
arbitrator is online now  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Forum Supporter
 
anchorwatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: on the Island
Posts: 3,484
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by parati View Post
We have a somewhat unconventional relationship in that we date guys together. So whenever we go out, it's either her and I alone or us with a guy, but never me just at a 'guys night out' sausage party where she's not welcome.


Good luck with your boring life...

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." T.R.

Be a better man... / ADHD and Marriage
anchorwatch is online now  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 20
Re: Girls night out

Okay, to the trolls who couldn't comprehend and want to piece things together. When your woman is hanging out with women and you're sitting at home watching netflix, yes that's boring as it gets and not the way for a couple to spend their spare time. That's definitely not in conflict with any post that I have made regarding swinging type things. When we go out, it's either just us or we involve a guy for fun. But it's alway THE TWO OF US. It's never just me hanging out in some circle jerk football party with a bunch of guys or something. I never hang out with guys like she hangs out with women. If I did, I'd invite her and if the guys don't want her there, I don't need friends like that and I'd tell them so. Big difference between going out together, and her going out for a hen party or whatever it might be called while i am here at home bored.

Last edited by parati; 11-07-2015 at 12:14 PM.
parati is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Member
 
SecondTime'Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,212
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by parati View Post
Okay, trolls. You can't comprehend. When your woman is hanging out with women and you're sitting at home watching netflix, yes that's boring as it gets. That's definitely not in conflict with any post that I have made regarding swinging type things. When we go out, it's either just us or we involve a guy for fun. But it's alway THE TWO OF US. It's never just me hanging out in some circle jerk football party or something. Big difference between going out together, and her going out for a hen party or whatever it might be called while i am here at home bored.
So why is it all about you? Why isn't she allowed to have her needs met?
SecondTime'Round is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Member
 
GusPolinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 12,023
Re: Girls night out

I find it hilariously ironic that you've chosen to post this in the "Long Term Success in Marriage" section, because I highly doubt that your relationship will wind up being long term.
Posted via Mobile Device

Virginia: "Why can't you kids leave well enough alone? Everything was fine until you started digging around."

Burt: "You sound like a Scooby Doo villain."
GusPolinski is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:18 PM
Member
 
SecondTime'Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,212
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusPolinski View Post
I find it hilariously ironic that you've chosen to post this in the "Long Term Success in Marriage" section, because I highly doubt that your relationship will wind up being long term.
Posted via Mobile Device
I noticed the odd choice of forum choice, too.

SecondTime'Round is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 20
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusPolinski View Post
I find it hilariously ironic that you've chosen to post this in the "Long Term Success in Marriage" section, because I highly doubt that your relationship will wind up being long term.
Posted via Mobile Device
You might be surprised. We are both divorced and know how that sucks and why it happens. Also we have an openness and honesty that would frighten most people. Try doing another girl in front of your wife, and see if she can maintain composure and joy, then you'll know if you're standing on a rock or a house of cards. Is she going to be happy, because of sharing in your happiness, or kick you in the you-know?
parati is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 20
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondTime'Round View Post
So why is it all about you? Why isn't she allowed to have her needs met?
I guess, as a man I don't understand the need for activities that exclude men. I remember years ago I was in a bar, and one of the guys looked around and noticed no women were in the bar. He said, "hey this place looks like a sausage factory, I'm outta here." As a guy, I don't consider any situation complete unless there is a woman around. I very much appreciate women. So I don't understand why women do these things, which exclude men. I'd love to go out with them but it's made clear to me that I'm not invited, women only.
parati is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Member
 
SecondTime'Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Northeast USA
Posts: 4,212
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by parati View Post
I guess, as a man I don't understand the need for activities that exclude men. I remember years ago I was in a bar, and one of the guys looked around and noticed no women were in the bar. He said, "hey this place looks like a sausage factory, I'm outta here." As a guy, I don't consider any situation complete unless there is a woman around. I very much appreciate women. So I don't understand why women do these things, which exclude men. I'd love to go out with them but it's made clear to me that I'm not invited, women only.
Do you think it's possible for you to get to a point where A. Yeah, sure you don't understand, but B. That's OK. You don't really need to understand it to validate that it's important to her.
SecondTime'Round is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Member
 
GusPolinski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 12,023
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by parati View Post
You might be surprised. We are both divorced and know how that sucks and why it happens. Also we have an openness and honesty that would frighten most people. Try doing another girl in front of your wife, and see if she can maintain composure and joy, then you'll know if you're standing on a rock or a house of cards. Is she going to be happy, because of sharing in your happiness, or kick you in the you-know?
LOL. I really don't think I will.
Posted via Mobile Device

Virginia: "Why can't you kids leave well enough alone? Everything was fine until you started digging around."

Burt: "You sound like a Scooby Doo villain."
GusPolinski is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 545
Re: Girls night out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusPolinski View Post
I find it hilariously ironic that you've chosen to post this in the "Long Term Success in Marriage" section, because I highly doubt that your relationship will wind up being long term.
Posted via Mobile Device
Or a success... Or even a Marriage...
italianjob is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Girls' Night Out EleGirl General Relationship Discussion 202 07-31-2014 01:11 PM
Girls Night Out PerfectNight General Relationship Discussion 32 12-12-2013 08:50 AM
Girls going out alone at night... lovelygirl General Relationship Discussion 42 01-06-2013 05:31 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome