Re: List fun things to do with your wife/husband that won't cost a dime.
My wife and I are poor. What's been fun for us:
1. Walks together, with or without the dog.
2. Cooking together.
3. Investigating new ideas separately, then discussing our conclusions together. We've been coming up with a lot of things to research and discuss in this political/economic climate...
4. We tried writing together, but that didn't work. I have written for her many times and that is fun for me and her.
5. An idea we were going to try, right before she left me: Vibrating underwear for her. Not free, but if you use them frequently enough, the per-use charge is very small. *grin* I hope I get a chance to test this out...
6. Hidden object games for the PC. Sure, they're not free, unless you look in the "right" places.
7. Watching free shows on Hulu.com. We don't have a TV, but we like John Stewart.
8. Shopping together and making it an adventure not a chore.
Huh. I should put more thought into this...
Good topic. Thanks.