Re: Dealing with Low Testosterone - Hypogonadism
Well, not to take this in another direction, but in regards to your comments:
1) It's about training smarter not harder as we age. It's really just as simple as tearing down muscle fibers enough to force regrowth. The regrowth period is what you call recovery.
2) An example, I float around 260-265 at 8% year. I used to train like a mad man, bench 405 for 15 reps, deadlift over 600, squat low 700's, trained very hard. Now it was real fun at the time, but really distroyed my body (joint and painwise). I now train lighter stuff, but still get just as sore. Again, smarter not harder. Why would I want to bench 400, when benching 200 will do. I guess takes age and wisdom to see this. Point is, I was only about 10lbs bigger at my strongest, didnt loose much size, and my body feels alot better.
3) Most important dietary suppliments:
* Fish oils caps
* Digestive enzymes
* Multi Vitamine
* Liv 52 (liver support)
4) Most important Diet items:
* Eat 5 to 6 times a day, equal meals
* High protein, mid/high fat, lower carb.
* 25g's carb prior to training and after
* Water at 1 gallon a day
* NO sugar or Dairy at all, its the devil...
* Consistancy, its not about eating right for a week or month, but for a life time.
* Eat clean 6 days a week, one cheat day.
* Basic foods: Chicken/beef/Egg whites, brown rice/raw oats, any green vege's. THATS it.
Sorry to digress, but fitness and training are my passions in life.