Re: Tattoos and piercings on women
In increasing order of trampy-ness for piercings:
2. Second ear piercing on the lobe
3. Upper ear piercing
5. Cheek (I say this is less trashy than a nose ring because it's more unique and interesting but it really depends on the area of the country you're in)
7. Bull-style nose ring
8. Eyebrow/lip/20 more upper ear piercings
Not ranked: piercings that only a significant other will see--these are actually tasteful and attractive as long as you don't go pulling up your shirt or pulling down your pants to show strangers every chance you get.
Tattoos in order of increasing trampy-ness:
2. Ankle, shoulder, upper back, side of the ribcage where it's hard to see, foot
3. Arms, neck, behind the ear
5. Lower back
6. Inner thighs
Extra tramp points for: anything motorcycle-related, skulls, weird dragons, curse words, and the infamous "tramp stamp" (the wide tattoo that spans the whole of the lower back)
Extra classiness for: bible verses, Chinese characters, symmetric "artistic" symbols
With tattoos, the smaller the classier.
Edit: trampy is not necessarily a bad thing; it depends on personal preference. Not everyone wants their wife/girlfriend wearing halters and belly shirts to a fancy restaurant, but they don't want her wearing ankle-length curtains either. Same goes for tattoos/piercings; it just depends.
Last edited by lime; 01-17-2011 at 08:28 PM.