Do ALL men just want sex?
 Talk About Marriage
  The Marriage Advice and Relationship Help Forums
  right
Forums - For Therapists - Link to Us - Advertise  

    A Public Forum Provided by The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory
Register FAQ Community Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Men's Clubhouse Talk about life's dilemmas.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 41
Default Do ALL men just want sex?

OK, a question for the guys - plesae answer honestly.

Do you all just want a 1 night stand? Why?

I've just seperated from my hubby, I'm not bad looking and have a decent figure. A guy at work has beeb "being nice" to me for months, he said he would cheer me up so we went out for a drink. He has always said he has too much respect for me to want a 1 nighter? He was drunk, declared his love for me LOL and he had a wicked night - kissing, cuddling, dancing. We txtd next morning - all OK then he blanks me? He sent a txt saying got things to sort out txt u tomorrow?

I went clubbing to "get over him" and had the number of one of the bouncers - he was sooo sexy and danced with me all night - he was "protecting" me from the idiots in there. At the end of the night he got me a taxi and let me wear his jacket while we waited for it and just gave me a peck on the lips. Then he txt me saying we should meet up today - we will cum to mine for drinks? I txt back saying I don't do 1 night stands sorry and to call if he wants to go out anytime.

What is it with guys and 1 night stands? I was in my relationship for 14 years (I'm only 30) so was too young for them before and really have no interest in them know - I have self respect! Problem is I am a flirt and a tease, so I think men may get the wrong impression?

Are there any genuine guys out there at all or am I just gonna have to be lonely always? Come on give me some hope please.
lonely_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-05-2008, 08:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
dcrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Republic (in the Ozarks), MO
Posts: 1,394
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

If you're out clubbing, then yeah. If you're otherwise being social/active, then I'd say not. Personally, I wouldn't do a one night thing. I have to know the other person (well) and have some idea of their level of activities before I had sex with them. There's too much "out there" to risk a one nighter. As long as a condom is used, that's a good step in the right direction for a one nighter, but it's not perfect. I guess it kind of depends on what you are looking for, too. Don't get flirty if you don't want the offers.
__________________
It ain't illegal until you're caught!
dcrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Blanca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,043
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

there are plenty of good guys out there. but you have to be a 'good' girl to find them. you'll attract what you are.
Blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 41
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

I know it looks like that, but I just love to dance and crave attention, doesn't mean I want to be treated like a piece of meat. I've been with the same guy since I was 16 so just havin some fun at the moment and I do enjoy it when they are trying to get my number and that, but I could never do the one nighter - sometimes I wish I could! Where can I go and meet nice guys who aint boring and know how to treat girls well then?
lonely_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
draconis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North East
Posts: 3,719
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

I think you need to be honest about the guys you chose to be with. Going to the club isn't bad, but most bouncers can get any girl there. Go after the flirt at work. Well, there you go. Dance clubs can and do have some good people but you have to look at who you pick out and why.

draconis
__________________
www.myspace.com/draconis1973
draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 572
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_wife View Post
OK, a question for the guys - plesae answer honestly.

Do you all just want a 1 night stand? Why?

I've just seperated from my hubby, I'm not bad looking and have a decent figure. A guy at work has beeb "being nice" to me for months, he said he would cheer me up so we went out for a drink. He has always said he has too much respect for me to want a 1 nighter? He was drunk, declared his love for me LOL and he had a wicked night - kissing, cuddling, dancing. We txtd next morning - all OK then he blanks me? He sent a txt saying got things to sort out txt u tomorrow?

I went clubbing to "get over him" and had the number of one of the bouncers - he was sooo sexy and danced with me all night - he was "protecting" me from the idiots in there. At the end of the night he got me a taxi and let me wear his jacket while we waited for it and just gave me a peck on the lips. Then he txt me saying we should meet up today - we will cum to mine for drinks? I txt back saying I don't do 1 night stands sorry and to call if he wants to go out anytime.

What is it with guys and 1 night stands? I was in my relationship for 14 years (I'm only 30) so was too young for them before and really have no interest in them know - I have self respect! Problem is I am a flirt and a tease, so I think men may get the wrong impression?

Are there any genuine guys out there at all or am I just gonna have to be lonely always? Come on give me some hope please.
Well, darlin, there are good guys, and ones that couldn't keep their pants on to save their life. Not even if you super glued their zipper closed. It is always a blessing to find out how a person is before you have sex or marry them. Not always the case though. If he typed in cum than come, he had sex on his mind, and not so much the drinks.
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Blanca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,043
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely_wife View Post
Where can I go and meet nice guys who aint boring and know how to treat girls well then?
You just have to know what you want. If you want to have "fun" then these are the kinds of guys you'll meet. I had a lot of friends with benefits when i was dating. its a blast. but its not the real deal.

If you want to meet the real deal, then make a list of everything you expect from a guy. then ask yourself where you'd find someone with those qualities.
Blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 194
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

I'm a good guy, and there are some girls that I would love to just bang and leave, if you know what I mean! HOWEVER, I would never act on it. It's just something I think about when I see a really hot girl. Otherwise, I really am looking for a good woman who is looking to settle down and starting something. Problem is that I don't act on that either. That's a whole 'nother story!

Just take your time and you'll know if a guy wants you for more than your body.
__________________
I make over four figures a year!
cheewagacheewaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 41
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

Ah, you do sound like a nice guy Cheewagacheewage... go ask the girls out - you will doing them a favour!
lonely_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 194
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

Yeah, I'd be doing women a favor by giving them an ego boost after they reject me. Contrary to what people say, I've been through enough rejections and it DOES NOT get easier. In fact, it makes me think twice about myself and women, and has really skewed my sense of women and relationships. Seriously, the cards are stacked against me!

Having said all that, I do find I get SOME satisfaction when I hear about women complaining about all the jerks they meet. It's kind of my indirect way of saying, "See! That's what you get for going out with a jerk." Yes, I'm pretty bitter. So sue me!
__________________
I make over four figures a year!
cheewagacheewaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 572
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheewagacheewaga View Post
Yeah, I'd be doing women a favor by giving them an ego boost after they reject me. Contrary to what people say, I've been through enough rejections and it DOES NOT get easier. In fact, it makes me think twice about myself and women, and has really skewed my sense of women and relationships. Seriously, the cards are stacked against me!

Having said all that, I do find I get SOME satisfaction when I hear about women complaining about all the jerks they meet. It's kind of my indirect way of saying, "See! That's what you get for going out with a jerk." Yes, I'm pretty bitter. So sue me!
Well dude..there is three rings to marriage

The Engagement Ring

The Wedding Ring

The Suffer Ring

Now do you feel a little bit better?

Having someone doesn't always make you happy, dude.
Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Blanca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,043
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
Well dude..there is three rings to marriage

The Engagement Ring

The Wedding Ring

The Suffer Ring

Now do you feel a little bit better?

Having someone doesn't always make you happy, dude.
__________________
"I'm a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality."
- Bryon Katie
Blanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: California
Posts: 194
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

Having the WRONG person will make you unhappy, and being with the right person can make you happy. Marriage and relationships will have its downsides, but the simple fact that someone CHOOSES to be with you shows that you have some value and importance. It would be a completely different story if I chose to be single and was rejecting girls left and right. Then I could easily say that I'm happy because women find something positive and attractive about me, however, in my case, it's no girls wanting me. That means my value and worth must be low. I'm just putting 2 + 2 together. At this point, I'd even take a gold digger just to feel like there's something about me that I could offer to a woman, but money is tight at the moment.
__________________
I make over four figures a year!

Last edited by cheewagacheewaga; 10-08-2008 at 02:03 AM.
cheewagacheewaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
okeydokie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,170
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

to answer the original question..........YES
okeydokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 41
Default Re: Do ALL men just want sex?

cheewagacheewaga
If you have a little more confinece in yourself it may help you get girls? We always want a guy that likes himself and is confident around us - it's not nice when we have to make them feel good about themselves.... try it you'll see.
lonely_wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Member Area

Find a Therapist:


Sponsor Ads


Sponsor Ads




Get The Family & Marriage Counseling Directory Help Guide via Email:
Name:
Email:




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.



Copyright 2007 - 2013 © Talk About Marriage