What if the gender roles were reversed? - Page 6 - Talk About Marriage

The Men's Clubhouse Talk about life's dilemmas.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #76 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,883
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo View Post
Didn't know there was a talk show making fun of Caylee Anthony's death and saying it's "fabulous" or that they could think of a justifiable reason for it. Oh my bad just another attempted excuse for the observed behavior in the link.
My point is that addressing complex needs of single parents or emotional problems faced by those going through a divorce is a better solution than crucifying the rare and heinous acts of a handful of extreme, horrifying crimes (man or woman).

Did the women on that show address complex needs? No. Because it's not what the mobs of people want. They want to talk about these issues and have an outlet to gain comfort/outrage or any other emotion for their own long held beliefs/issues.
Trenton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,883
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo View Post
Nope. The post is about what would happen if the gendor roles were reversed and men were talking on a talk show about a woman that got her genetalia butchered. The bs gender wars wouldn't start if people answered the original point truthfully instead of trying to reason as to why the woman felt the reaction was a good one or whether or not men attack women more than the other way around.
That show wouldn't happen because abuse to women is common place. This IS a story because it RARELY happens.

The bs gender wars wouldn't start if you began to look at women as people instead of bitter pussies walking around with the sole intent of chopping your penis off.
Trenton is offline  
post #78 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,185
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
That show wouldn't happen because abuse to women is common place. This IS a story because it RARELY happens.

The bs gender wars wouldn't start if you began to look at women as people instead of bitter pussies walking around with the sole intent of chopping your penis off.
Once again, What would happen if the gendor roles on the show were reversed? If you won't answer the question then say you won't.

“In thy foul throat thou liest.”
― William Shakespeare, Richard III

Kobo is offline  
post #79 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Lon
Member
 
Lon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,776
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
That show wouldn't happen because abuse to women is common place. This IS a story because it RARELY happens.

The bs gender wars wouldn't start if you began to look at women as people instead of bitter pussies walking around with the sole intent of chopping your penis off.
I say bull. This is a story because the producers of the show thought it's outrageous and funny that a man got his penis chopped off and destroyed, and think its a hilarious justification for crossing a psycho woman.
Lon is online now  
post #80 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Lon
Member
 
Lon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,776
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Once again, they found an easy target for the entertainment industry to dehumanize.
Lon is online now  
post #81 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,883
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo View Post
Once again, What would happen if the gendor roles on the show were reversed? If you won't answer the question then say you won't.
I did answer the question. You don't like the answer.
Trenton is offline  
post #82 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,645
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Role reversal? You think if a woman got her breasts chopped off by her husband that Howard Stern wouldn't make some comment about getting "better" implants. Or Opie and Anthony wouldn't be all over it?
So as a woman, would it be acceptable for me to hold those three men responsible for all men and lump them in as all being the same, thinking the same and acting the same? The "patriarchy" if you will.
No. For the same reason those moronic women don't represent me and my beliefs.
But no, let's turn this in to something uglier than it already is.
Therealbrighteyes is offline  
post #83 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,185
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealbrighteyes View Post
Role reversal? You think if a woman got her breasts chopped off by her husband that Howard Stern wouldn't make some comment about getting "better" implants. Or Opie and Anthony wouldn't be all over it?
So as a woman, would it be acceptable for me to hold those three men responsible for all men and lump them in as all being the same, thinking the same and acting the same? The "patriarchy" if you will.
No. For the same reason those moronic women don't represent me and my beliefs.
But no, let's turn this in to something uglier than it already is.
I don't know. Did they?

I'm not holding anyone responsible for anything. I am asking the question: What would the response be if the gender roles were reversed the show. The answer to that question requires no more than 2 sentences at the most. You're making it harder than it has to be.

“In thy foul throat thou liest.”
― William Shakespeare, Richard III

Kobo is offline  
post #84 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,185
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
I did answer the question. You don't like the answer.
I take that as "I won't answer the question but will continue to talk around it". Thanks

“In thy foul throat thou liest.”
― William Shakespeare, Richard III

Kobo is offline  
post #85 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,645
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo View Post
I don't know. Did they?

I'm not holding anyone responsible for anything. I am asking the question: What would the response be if the gender roles were reversed the show. The answer to that question requires no more than 2 sentences at the most. You're making it harder than it has to be.
If it was reversed, it would be treated the same way. Mocked by a select few idiots and crucified by the rest. The Julie Chen's and Howard Stern's of the world appeal to the lowest common denominator. Rational people look at this for what it is and don't use it as a punchline in jokes.
Therealbrighteyes is offline  
post #86 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Moderator
 
Deejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7,479
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealbrighteyes View Post
Role reversal? You think if a woman got her breasts chopped off by her husband that Howard Stern wouldn't make some comment about getting "better" implants. Or Opie and Anthony wouldn't be all over it?
So as a woman, would it be acceptable for me to hold those three men responsible for all men and lump them in as all being the same, thinking the same and acting the same? The "patriarchy" if you will.
No. For the same reason those moronic women don't represent me and my beliefs.
But no, let's turn this in to something uglier than it already is.
Both broadcasters you cite have been censured, fined, or fired for exactly the reasons being discussed.

The question is STILL quite simple ... do you believe this panel of women should be held to the same standard, as their male counterparts, who would be punished, or was the nature of their discussion 'acceptable'?
Deejo is offline  
post #87 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Member
 
morituri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 4,901
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Kobo,

Did you ever watch the show 'Taxi' from the late 70's?

If you do, do you remember the episode where Reverend Jim (Christopher Lloyd) needed to get his taxi driver's license and accompanied by his fellow cabies to 'help' him to pass the writtent test?

He got stuck on the question 'What does the yellow light mean?' and his fellow cabies answered back 'slow down'. Reverend Jim repeated the question slowly 'whhhaaatt dooeess thhheee yeeellllow liiight meeaaan?' and the cabies once more gave him the answer 'slow down'.

Well it seems that when it comes to your question, Trenton is Reverend Jim

"I have been bent and broken, but I hope, into a better shape"
morituri is offline  
post #88 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,645
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejo View Post
Both broadcasters you cite have been censured, fined, or fired for exactly the reasons being discussed.

The question is STILL quite simple ... do you believe this panel of women should be held to the same standard, as their male counterparts, who would be punished, or was the nature of their discussion 'acceptable'?
They have been censured and fined but not fired. You are talking Imus and that was racial.
YES, they should be fined/censured and/or fired! Do you think any of those morons will be? Hell, Chen is married to Moonves. That's what makes it even more disturbing. The "protection" if you will. Same as how Sirius protects Stern.
Therealbrighteyes is offline  
post #89 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,185
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealbrighteyes View Post
If it was reversed, it would be treated the same way. Mocked by a select few idiots and crucified by the rest. The Julie Chen's and Howard Stern's of the world appeal to the lowest common denominator. Rational people look at this for what it is and don't use it as a punchline in jokes.
Thank you for answering. I disagree. They would be suspended and then fined.

There is no crucification in this case. In the reverse, Women's rights groups would use it as an example of men not taking violence against women seriously and so on. I'm still waiting on the follow up news story. I see a yahoo answers post, a reddit post, and a couple of other things. I'll search again tonight.

“In thy foul throat thou liest.”
― William Shakespeare, Richard III

Kobo is offline  
post #90 of 235 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,185
Re: What if the gender roles were reversed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morituri View Post
Kobo,

Did you ever watch the show 'Taxi' from the late 70's?

If you do, do you remember the episode where Reverend Jim (Christopher Lloyd) needed to get his taxi driver's license and accompanied by his fellow cabies to 'help' him to pass the writtent test?

He got stuck on the question 'What does the yellow light mean?' and his fellow cabies answered back 'slow down'. Reverend Jim repeated the question slowly 'whhhaaatt dooeess thhheee yeeellllow liiight meeaaan?' and the cabies once more gave him the answer 'slow down'.

Well it seems that when it comes to your question, Trenton is Reverend Jim

Didn't see that episode but this thread is just another example of how we communicate or better yet don't communicate at times.

“In thy foul throat thou liest.”
― William Shakespeare, Richard III

Kobo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on Talk About Marriage, you must first register. Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Important! Your username will be visible to the public next to anything you post and could show up in search engines like Google. If you are concerned about anonymity, PLEASE choose a username that will not be recognizable to anyone you know.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roles Reversed and Other quirks Bugging me Happybunny General Relationship Discussion 4 07-12-2012 03:11 AM
What if roles reversed after being cheated on. d1221 Coping with Infidelity 8 06-02-2011 10:58 AM
Reversed Roles??? BookerNoe General Relationship Discussion 4 07-24-2009 11:14 AM
Reversed Sex-Problem Roles!!! Ugh! Aiko Sex in Marriage 16 02-25-2009 06:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome